Susie O"Brien - I hope you read this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Just read the SO'B story.

All things considered, it's just about on the money.

Gilbert was a dill for getting involved with a 16-year old but it might have been hard to tell, especially on the reasons outlined in the OP.

Still, I think she's pretty close to being right.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

The_Merchant
Club Player

I have a problem with the fact checking and perhaps the arithmetic of these so-called journalists. Sam Gilbert was not 24 at the time of the alleged incident, he was 23. I know that it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but it is a pretty easy thing to check. I found his birth date on the St Kilda website in about 10 seconds - 19-8-86, making him 23 in round 1 2010.
It would be interesting to know the girls birth date, has any of the media even asked? She was sixteen for a year and a half, I wonder how long she will be 17 for. I would suggest that if she completed Year 12 last year, she must turn 18 before July 1.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Gilbert was a dill for getting involved with a 16-year old but it might have been hard to tell, especially on the reasons outlined in the OP.
Unfair. How could he be a dill for going out with a 19 y.o. when he was 23 and dumping her when he found out she was 16?

he is a dill for keeping the shots of Reiwoldt and Dal Santo though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Gilbert was a dill for getting involved with a 16-year old but it might have been hard to tell, especially on the reasons outlined in the OP.
Unfair. How could he be a dill for going out with a 19 y.o. when he was 23 and dumping her when he found out she was 16?

If she was 15 at the time would that make him a pedophile?

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

So are we going to have articles in the paper every time a footballer does something silly in their personal life?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Why ask that? She was of legal age, why deal in hypotheticals?

You might as well had said "If my aunty had balls she would be my uncle" :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The_Merchant
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

No, even if she was 15. There is an immense difference between a statutory rapist and a pedophile. People who are calling Hinch a pedophile are also wrong. It would be like calling someone who has stolen a single item, a kleptomaniac.

A pedophile is:

an adult who is sexually attracted to young children.

A statutory rape involves:

sexual activities where one participant is below the age required to legally consent to the behavior.

If you are attracted to someone you believe to be an adult, you are in no way engaged in pedophillic activities as by definition it involves attraction to children because they are children.

Neither act is right, however, I find one act in particular completely abhorrent and I don't think it is fair to label people as pedophiles when they are not.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Snakeman66 wrote:This article is a gem.

Of course the author verified all the infomation as being correct!!!!!!!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion-old ... 5911330699
Add to the list of things that were WRONG in that article;

Yr 12 = WRONG. Try Yr 11

Missed school because she was pregnant = WRONG. Try never pregnant and was about to be kicked out of school for non-attendance

Receiving support from her parents = WRONG. Try she had already been kicked out of home numerous occasions

!!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Grimfang wrote:I must have missed the classes on "How to spot a scheming, manipulative little skank at first contact, " when I was at school.
It was a real eye opener that class.

I can see if I can find my notes for you if you like??

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
ThomasR
Club Player

The_Merchant wrote:I have a problem with the fact checking and perhaps the arithmetic of these so-called journalists. Sam Gilbert was not 24 at the time of the alleged incident, he was 23. I know that it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but it is a pretty easy thing to check. I found his birth date on the St Kilda website in about 10 seconds - 19-8-86, making him 23 in round 1 2010.
It would be interesting to know the girls birth date, has any of the media even asked? She was sixteen for a year and a half, I wonder how long she will be 17 for. I would suggest that if she completed Year 12 last year, she must turn 18 before July 1.
18 in September

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Just interested. And got the answer expected.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:
The_Merchant wrote:I have a problem with the fact checking and perhaps the arithmetic of these so-called journalists. Sam Gilbert was not 24 at the time of the alleged incident, he was 23. I know that it doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but it is a pretty easy thing to check. I found his birth date on the St Kilda website in about 10 seconds - 19-8-86, making him 23 in round 1 2010.
18 in September
22 September !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:
18 in September
Why do I sense a Helen d'Amico moment coming on :?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Susie could do with a good shag herself me thinks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Susie could do with a good shag herself me thinks.
That would be it for sure.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

The fact that she was only 16 is negligible. Anyone is able to start a relationship with anyone of legal age. Im sick of these moral police saying she was still too young.

I think a lot of people forget just how old 23 is, some people have nearly 10 years difference but because they are in their 30's its accepted.

And to continue with hypotheticals, people can meet at that age difference, which is only 7 years and go on forever. On paper is looks large, but in reality it aint.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Susie could do with a good shag herself me thinks.
That would be it for sure.
That would probably depend on the shagger Nostradamus.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I saw Sam and Kim in the park next to luna park while they were an item
and they were looking happy and carefree. Certainly not some exploitational relationship. She smiled while Sam had a photo taken with a family and I felt Sam would have suffered when a real relationship broke down.

If the reports are true and she was also with DA and Beams he probably had his guts ripped out. When I mentioned this here and elsewhere no one seemed able to think Sam would have any feelings. Just a bad egocentric footy player.

He has probably had about the worst time imaginable the last 6 months and I hope he gets his life back to normal now.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I saw Sam and Kim in the park next to luna park while they were an item
and they were looking happy and carefree. Certainly not some exploitational relationship. She smiled while Sam had a photo taken with a family and I felt Sam would have suffered when a real relationship broke down.

If the reports are true and she was also with DA and Beams he probably had his guts ripped out. When I mentioned this here and elsewhere no one seemed able to think Sam would have any feelings. Just a bad egocentric footy player.

He has probably had about the worst time imaginable the last 6 months and I hope he gets his life back to normal now.
Thanks for that gringo.

I certainly do think Sam has feelings and everything that has happened, especially the tirade of abuse from both the football media and the non football media must be hard to take. He's never been allowed to be considered a victim even though he clearly was.

At the end of he day he did two things wrong. He didn't delete the photos and he allowed himself to get involved with a nutjob. And let's face it, if the second one hadn't happened the first wouldn't have mattered.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Why bother even asking it then? :roll:

Lance or James??

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

You know, in all this sorry saga has anyone bothered to ask Sam Gilbert about his feelings.
For all we know he may have had genuine emotions for this girl and regretably broke off the relationship when he found out about her age and other lies.
But, according to some of these journo's, all footballers just use women, hmm wonder if their game to ask that of Tania Hird or Nathan Buckley's wife?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Why bother even asking it then? :roll:
Sometimes you surprise me.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

which was pretty funny i thought

good old aunty fred, what a set of nutz she has :shock:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Great thread for International Womens Day.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Sometimes you surprise me.
I didn't realise that the pathologically morose could be surprised. :P

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post