Susie O"Brien - I hope you read this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Anyone else think that it is time to move on?

You gotta admit, its kinda boring.
agreed.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its actually pathetic. And you can all have your say about that comment. I couldnt care less. Footy is all that worries me about the Saints.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:

agreed.
She's gone, move on. :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Its actually pathetic. And you can all have your say about that comment. I couldnt care less. Footy is all that worries me about the Saints.
Well if footy is what was written about ahead of scuttlebutt, teen sex and ill-founded codswallop...

And so it goes...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

stroke keys, click submit, he cares.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes much better to go on and on with something that will not even slightly influence the reporters next time something happens. I suppose it makes us feel good though.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes much better to go on and on with something that will not even slightly influence the reporters next time something happens. I suppose it makes us feel good though.
more key strokes, click.

Loving the off-season.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:You know, in all this sorry saga has anyone bothered to ask Sam Gilbert about his feelings.
Nearly fell out of my chair there.

Do you think the media hasn't asked 1348 times to interview him to get his side of the story?

(Come on - this is St Kilda, we get shut down for asking questions at our own AGM. We're 'Cloak, Dagger and Ask-Questions-Later FC'.)
For all we know he may have had genuine emotions for this girl and regretably broke off the relationship when he found out about her age and other lies.
Maybe. We don't know that. Sam hasn't volunteered this, and the media have been refused access to him. Sounds a bit Women's Day, anyway.
But, according to some of these journo's, all footballers just use women, hmm wonder if their game to ask that of Tania Hird or Nathan Buckley's wife?
Very few journos would think that. In fact, I often find it's usually the journos who get turned on for not reporting this stuff and that it's all under this 'secret' code.

Everyone knows that for every footballer that uses a woman, 100 women have tried to use or 'land' that footballer.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Everyone knows that for every footballer that uses a woman, 100 women have tried to use or 'land' that footballer.
Now there's an interesting statistic that could add balance to the story.

Susie?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
evertonfc wrote: Everyone knows that for every footballer that uses a woman, 100 women have tried to use or 'land' that footballer.

Susie?
Bit of an outlandish statement from me there, but I've seen girls do astonishing things to try and nail a footballer.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Susie?
Bit of an outlandish statement from me there, but I've seen girls do astonishing things to try and nail a footballer.

Don't get me wrong, I aggree with you 3000% Unfortunately we live in a world where we knowingly piss in each others pocket and a give weather forecasts.

I am a firm believer that boys will be boys and girls will be girls.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I am a firm believer that boys will be boys and girls will be girls.
what does that mean? are all men "boys" who like footy and cars and boobs and try to f*** anything that moves, regardless of whether it or them is in a relationship or not? are all women "girls" who are only interested in having babies and getting married?

or maybe you're just over-simplifying it. maybe some men will be boys, but some will are gay and some are not interested in sex at all and some like to play chess instead of watch footy and some like chardonnay instead of beer. maybe your black and white view of the world just turns out to be full of s***.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I really admire you Plugger; you're so strong. Nothing gets to you does it?

I just wanna be like you.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And so you should.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And so you should.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I am a firm believer that boys will be boys and girls will be girls.
what does that mean? are all men "boys" who like footy and cars and boobs and try to f*** anything that moves, regardless of whether it or them is in a relationship or not? are all women "girls" who are only interested in having babies and getting married?

or maybe you're just over-simplifying it. maybe some men will be boys, but some will are gay and some are not interested in sex at all and some like to play chess instead of watch footy and some like chardonnay instead of beer. maybe your black and white view of the world just turns out to be full of s***.
I suppose it was meant to be a black and white statement.
I stand by what I said but you can add as many categories to that as you want such as:

Gay people will be gay people
Some like sex, some don't
Chess players will be chess players
Chardonnay drinkers will be chardonnay drinkers

We can all be stereo-typed and placed into some neat little category when you think about it, however when it comes to the sexes we all fall into two main categories at birth. And whether you like it or not your life will be dictated by your sex at some stage. You can fight it if you like, and some do, but at the end of the day, whether you stand or sit during urination is not up to you.
Maybe if we did keep it simplistic then maybe we would deal with life a little easier. Maybe if the VFL wasn’t so hell bent on turning the people’s game into a multimillion dollar corporation then maybe they wouldn’t have had to suppress generations of boys instinctive behavior so more Mums would let their little Johnnies play football to increase market share. FFS! It's a game for boys and men.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

And posting on Saintsational

Another opportunity awaits!
asiu
Saintsational Legend

whether you stand or sit during urination is not up to you.

ummmmmmmmmmm , not that i like arguing ..lol ..(much)

but

watching women stand and wee is highly amusing ...sorry , wrong tangent

i meant ... yes it is .

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:

but

i meant ... yes it is .
mmmm! but we all sit to poo right, ...don't we?

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Cairnsman wrote: Maybe if we did keep it simplistic then maybe we would deal with life a little easier. Maybe if the VFL wasn’t so hell bent on turning the people’s game into a multimillion dollar corporation then maybe they wouldn’t have had to suppress generations of boys instinctive behavior so more Mums would let their little Johnnies play football to increase market share. FFS! It's a game for boys and men.
I am shocked and honestly a little disturbed by this.

From the many girls playing Auskick to the many girls and women in the stands at an AFL match to women's footy leagues around the suburbs... just what part of the game is exclusive to men?

I'm surprised that anyone wants it to be. My wife is a footy tragic, so am I. My favorite footy writer is probably Emma Quayle. When my son starts playing, I expect it to be a family thing, and if I have a daughter, she'll do Auskick too. Footy's for everyone. Simple.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
gazrat wrote:

but

i meant ... yes it is .
mmmm! but we all sit to poo right, ...don't we?
In theory.

Not sure about Fev though :wink:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gazrat wrote:watching women stand and wee is highly amusing ...sorry , wrong tangent
now that's a statement i whole-heartedly endorse.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Cairnsman wrote: Maybe if we did keep it simplistic then maybe we would deal with life a little easier. Maybe if the VFL wasn’t so hell bent on turning the people’s game into a multimillion dollar corporation then maybe they wouldn’t have had to suppress generations of boys instinctive behavior so more Mums would let their little Johnnies play football to increase market share. FFS! It's a game for boys and men.

From the many girls playing Auskick to the many girls and women in the stands at an AFL match to women's footy leagues around the suburbs... just what part of the game is exclusive to men?

I'm surprised that anyone wants it to be. My wife is a footy tragic, so am I. My favorite footy writer is probably Emma Quayle. When my son starts playing, I expect it to be a family thing, and if I have a daughter, she'll do Auskick too. Footy's for everyone. Simple.
You might not be simplifying it enough then and not looking at things literally.
I like netball and I play in a mixed comp but most of the guys I play with love it that much they wished that there was a comp in our area just for men because we can’t play to the limit of our physical capabilities. We’d probably play two comps a week just so we maintain the enjoyment we get from playing with the girls, mostly the men’s partners. The women up our neck of the woods wouldn’t have a problem in acknowledging that boys will be boys and girls will be girls.
If my daughter decides to play football then I’ll be all for that but she’ll more than like only be capable of playing in a comp that is within her physical capability. And I’ll go and watch it and it will hopefully be a family thing that all of the boys and girls will enjoy.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Cairnsman wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

You might not be simplifying it enough then and not looking at things literally.
I like netball and I play in a mixed comp but most of the guys I play with love it that much they wished that there was a comp in our area just for men because we can’t play to the limit of our physical capabilities. We’d probably play two comps a week just so we maintain the enjoyment we get from playing with the girls, mostly the men’s partners. The women up our neck of the woods wouldn’t have a problem in acknowledging that boys will be boys and girls will be girls.
If my daughter decides to play football then I’ll be all for that but she’ll more than like only be capable of playing in a comp that is within her physical capability. And I’ll go and watch it and it will hopefully be a family thing that all of the boys and girls will enjoy.
So simplify it for me, because seriously, I do not understand the idea that the game is for men. The game is for anyone who takes an interest...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:

So simplify it for me, because seriously, I do not understand the idea that the game is for men. The game is for anyone who takes an interest...
I agree. However, the game by its very nature is more suited to being played by men. Women should never be discouraged from playing the game if that is their want. However, if you surveyed all of the Mothers in Australia about their thoughts about their daughters playing AFL, I think you will find the results -in significant numbers - would indicated that they would guide their daughters towards another sport.

So getting back to the statement that boys will be boys and girls will be girls.
Long gone are the days when we taught our daughters to save themselves for that special partner. We have just given up on that. Social engineering by governments and middle class religious nuts and do-gooders of by-gone generations failed to understand that we are sexual beings. We are placed on this planet to procreate and survive the race. It may be too simplistic a concept to swallow but it’s a biological fact. Just venture down to any shopping mall during school holidays and have a look at how teenage girls dress. They have already learnt how to attract the attention of the opposite sex. They are subconsciously following their breeding instincts. That observation being put down in writing may offend some people but it is an observation that can’t be ignored.
So yeah there are a hell of lot of boys that like footy and cars and boobs and try and shag anything that moves and then there are a lot of girls that want to shag boys with cars and that can play football. It’s the bit that goes on before we procreate and survive the race.
Why cringe at that or be disturbed at what we know is fact.
All I am saying is that we have spent too many generations putting boys in Hugo Boss Suits and teaching them to act a certain way that is ignoring basic biological instincts and the same goes for the girls.
Don’t mistake me. I defend the right for people to live their life anyway they like. I’ve got friends and family from all walks of life and I wouldn’t have it any other way. We should promote tolerance as well. Maybe then we wouldn’t be offended by all of the above.
Is that simplistic enough?