need kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

need kosi

simply we need someone else to kick to up forward rather than reiwoldt 9 times out of 10, tonight made that blantantly obvious

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

and suddenly Kosi is the answer :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes....a man on his form last year would really help...we could have superman playing fwd and he would struggle...

We need to realise a few things....and one of them is, we have a game plan that allows teams to stay with us...

Ffs ross take the shackles off the team and let them play a bit on instinct....they are like conditioned robots...unable to take a risk....

We are like jaques kallis.....

Collingwood, geel, hawthorn are like tendulker, sangakarra, lara.......whilst we have consistent solid stats.....ultimately they will be remembered as better because they took games on....

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

We just bombed it in there. Missed Kosi and Schneids. Milne couldn't get any space.

starsign
Club Player

Re: need kosi

ausfatcat wrote:simply we need someone else to kick to up forward rather than reiwoldt 9 times out of 10, tonight made that blantantly obvious
if it's blatantly obvious to us no wonder it's easy for the opposition to double/triple man him every time we come forward

Two up to spoil and the third in hard to maim his body

How long does it take before RL does something about it????

wasaintsfan
Club Player

what do you do when the captain wants the ball????

honestly make lenny the captain... let roo worry bout getting back into the game...

we no longer have the riewoldt who can kick 9 goals even though we losing by 10....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kick it to the guy in the best position......and not scarlett

kalsaint
Club Player

Re: need kosi

ausfatcat wrote:simply we need someone else to kick to up forward rather than reiwoldt 9 times out of 10, tonight made that blantantly obvious
I dont believe Kosi will be the answer. 1 He doesnt take big marks, 2 He's on the ground too much for a big forward. 3 Midfield delivery to forwards is atrocious with all players flooding.

Midfield skills and player protection is needed to increasae our chances of kicking the ball to another St Kilda player.

I am getting sick of hearing "they butchered the ball". If they cant kick straight do something about it.

I am frustrated. I said at the end of 2009, our game plan would be worked out by other coaches. iI said the same end of 2010. Will I need to say it again at end of 2011? I hope not.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

that shite worked for awhile but the game itself has moved on...

where to now...maybe thats why we have 30 development coaches....we are working on the NEW game style

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Thought Gilbert was meant to move into the forwards as another target. I honestly always doubted whether this would happen, but if any night was one this was it surely.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Anyhow....

spert
Saintsational Legend

Where's the crumbers?? I would have got a couple of goals just crumbing in the forward line tonight..on one leg.

saintkid
Club Player

Milne no longer has that extra yard of pace, was easily covered tonight.

Statsman
Club Player

Hard to kick a winning score with a 3 man forward line of Roo, Gamble and Milne with everybody else pushing up the ground.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Burkey 1
Club Player

Goddard CHF & Roo Full FOrward, it is the only thing that will work for us, yes no doubt we would miss Goddard's influence around the ground but our forward line at present is a joke & it is this area that needs URGENT attention. To me this must happen or we will go nowhere against the better teams.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

milnes decision making cost us some goals tonight....

but its also the same decision making that rips games open 80% of the time...

so i guess you take the good with the bad

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Every fwd cannot beat two men.....

Look at the stats of

Taylor, scarlett, lonergan, enright, mackie.....they had a field day, out numbering fwds....and running the ball out.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I have absolutely no idea why Archer didn't get a game. He would have been able to provide the backup ruck option and could have gone forward, provided an alternative marking option to Riewoldt and demanded a key defender (meaning Gamble wouldn't have had Scarlett to deal with).

Tonight they dished up the same old crap that has seen us fall short so many times. There is no point in playing McQualter and Jones in an AFL football match. Peake shouldn't be in there either but at least he does try to create.

Kudos to Dawson, Lenny and Raph for almost dragging an insipid side to a win. And bloody hell you have to feel sorry for Riewoldt, being the only target in the team and having to contest against four opposition players every time we go forward.

If we're going to actually see any improvement, there is absolutely no spot for players who rarely get the ball and do nothing with it when they do. I really hope to see Archer and Smith in the side next week. Surely Jones can't keep getting a game when he never actually uses the ball to advantage and no longer has any tagging value.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Agree with most of that Mad Saint Guy.

Playing bold football requires some bold decisions about certain players. McQualter's time is up. If jones is not effective in his tagging role, then there's little reason to play him. I though Gamble was atrocious tonight. No attack on the football and allowed Scarlett to run and create.

This team is crying out for some speed and creativity. Grunt is grunt, and we do it well, but really, sometimes you've got to give up a bit of one thing to gain another.

Surely Smith. Stanley, Steven, and Cripps must play senior football very soon. Otherwise, this team will start to resemble a tired old rust-bucket, clunking along, with a core group of talented players playing themselves into the ground while the rest of the competition waves at them as they overtake them.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Every fwd cannot beat two men.....

Look at the stats of

Taylor, scarlett, lonergan, enright, mackie.....they had a field day, out numbering fwds....and running the ball out.

Agree but if our forwards are being outnumbered where are our free men??

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Stanley would be better than Gamble,

and yes Kosi is a better mark, but they just rebound effortlessly off him....becomes Gehrig like, where he might kick 2 or 3 but cost you 3 or 4 from the rebounds....Kosi has to win a place as Ruckman/ changing forward....otherwise Archer or Stanley to get a crack.

Nee!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Of course we need Kosi, Ross knows that.

savatage
SS Life Member

Oh please. Hardly wouldve been the difference. I personally wouldve thrown Goddard chf.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:I have absolutely no idea why Archer didn't get a game. He would have been able to provide the backup ruck option and could have gone forward, provided an alternative marking option to Riewoldt and demanded a key defender (meaning Gamble wouldn't have had Scarlett to deal with).

Yeah thought this myself. Archer has a go and isnt scared to throw himself at the ball. I'd give him a go on the forward line

saintbob
SS Life Member

We could have Tony F&@king Lockett sitting in the goal square and we'd still kick it to Reiwoldt with 2 or 3 players jumping all over him!!

So I don't think Kosi would make much of a difference unless RL changes the F&@KING game plan!!!