Forwards?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

overitalready
Club Player

Forwards?

I thought the job of a forward was to score goals. Reiwoldt and Milne are 2 of the best fwds in the comp, so they should be able to kick several goals each game, with others like Goddard, Schneider, and Kosi chipping in for one or two each. Dal Santo has to improve his accuracy otherwise put the pill onto Roo's chest inside 50.
If the team rules and 'Brand' do not result in good scores, I don't believe we should blame the players. The entire coaching panel, not just Ross Lyin' (my spelling) must be held accountable. They all put their heads together to manufacture a game plan. If it won't work, the buck stops with the coaches. Get a new game plan. One that works. One that results in Milne getting a few and sometimes bagging 11 in one arvo like he did against those animals from Brisbane. One that allows Roo to roam with menace and terrify defenders.

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, an unselfish woman- what do they all have in common? Answer- we would all like to believe they are true, but they are all fictional.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Forwards?

overitalready wrote:I thought the job of a forward was to score goals. Reiwoldt and Milne are 2 of the best fwds in the comp, so they should be able to kick several goals each game, with others like Goddard, Schneider, and Kosi chipping in for one or two each. Dal Santo has to improve his accuracy otherwise put the pill onto Roo's chest inside 50.
If the team rules and 'Brand' do not result in good scores, I don't believe we should blame the players. The entire coaching panel, not just Ross Lyin' (my spelling) must be held accountable. They all put their heads together to manufacture a game plan. If it won't work, the buck stops with the coaches. Get a new game plan. One that works. One that results in Milne getting a few and sometimes bagging 11 in one arvo like he did against those animals from Brisbane. One that allows Roo to roam with menace and terrify defenders.
You really must think we are a 10 goal better side than all the other clubs because this poor game plan lost round one by 1 point against last years second best hame and away side and also lost a GF by a point against clearly the best side last year.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

overitalready wrote:The entire coaching panel, not just Ross Lyin' (my spelling)...
why do you call him "lyin'"?

overitalready
Club Player

GAME PLAN

The game plan suffocates the entire game. Results in poor kicking, handpassing, poor decision making, possible lack of confidence in team-mates. It is not a pretty spectacle. Resembles rugby or gridiron sometimes.

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, an unselfish woman- what do they all have in common? Answer- we would all like to believe they are true, but they are all fictional.
PJ
SS Life Member

The game plan suffocates the entire game. Results in poor kicking, handpassing, poor decision making, possible lack of confidence in team-mates. It is not a pretty spectacle. Resembles rugby or gridiron sometimes.
The game plan doesn't result in poor kicking and handpassing, poor kicking and handballing plus pressure result in poor kicking and handballing (geezus what a mouth full). If you can execute properly there's no problem and the spectacle is good..

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

overitalready wrote:I thought the job of a forward was to score goals. Reiwoldt and Milne are 2 of the best fwds in the comp, so they should be able to kick several goals each game, with others like Goddard, Schneider, and Kosi chipping in for one or two each. Dal Santo has to improve his accuracy otherwise put the pill onto Roo's chest inside 50.
Ross what? You've got to be a mole/collingwood supporter. What an average post. Could have easily won on Friday night. Long season etc yawn yawn. What wank.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the loss will be a good thing....hold the idiots accountable for making me watch utter garbage....if they got away with winning, maybe they'd be silly enough to think it is a good idea.....and not selwood, chapman, ling missing from their centre square....and bartel underdone and playing fp...

Maybe a loss to rich, and our customary smashing by ess....and we may see something new?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Maybe the loss will be a good thing....hold the idiots accountable for making me watch utter garbage....if they got away with winning, maybe they'd be silly enough to think it is a good idea.....and not selwood, chapman, ling missing from their centre square....and bartel underdone and playing fp...

Maybe a loss to rich, and our customary smashing by ess....and we may see something new?
Thats the spirit. Hope we are nil and 3 so they change the game plan that has got us to 2 GF's in 2 years. Plenty of sides win GF's after losing their first 3.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Thats the spirit. Hope we are nil and 3 so they change the game plan that has got us to 2 GF's in 2 years. Plenty of sides win GF's after losing their first 3.
the team may not have a premiership window but a game plan surely does....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: and also lost a GF by a point against clearly the best side last year.
Which GF was that?
plugger66 wrote: plenty of sides win GF's after losing their first 3.
I don't disagree but losing our first three would be a mini disaster.

Ok. I get what you are saying..
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 27 Mar 2011 9:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Maybe the loss will be a good thing....hold the idiots accountable for making me watch utter garbage....if they got away with winning, maybe they'd be silly enough to think it is a good idea.....and not selwood, chapman, ling missing from their centre square....and bartel underdone and playing fp...

Thats the spirit. Hope we are nil and 3 so they change the game plan that has got us to 2 GF's in 2 years. Plenty of sides win GF's after losing their first 3.
St Kilda hasn't!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote: and also lost a GF by a point against clearly the best side last year.
Which GF was that?
plugger66 wrote: plenty of sides win GF's after losing their first 3.
I don't disagree but losing our first three would be a mini disaster.

Ok. I get what you are saying..
Well if we kicked one more point we would have won so I say we lost the GF by a point and not 50 points.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

St Kilda hasn't!
No they haven't, but they made a GF - in 1997, I think the Saints and Croweaters were both 1 - 4 after 5 rounds :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well if we kicked one more point we would have won so I say we lost the GF by a point and not 50 points.
I totally agree with that p66. One more point in GF1 and GF2 never happens.

But now I'm a bit confused. People say Collingwood lost by a point in 1966. Would it be more accurate to say they lost by 2 points (the 2 points extra they needed to win the game)?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Well if we kicked one more point we would have won so I say we lost the GF by a point and not 50 points.

But now I'm a bit confused. People say Collingwood lost by a point in 1966. Would it be more accurate to say they lost by 2 points (the 2 points extra they needed to win the game)?
I'd prefer that they lost by a point. Makes our only flag feel better.

BallBanger
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:

We were always against it with Mcqualter and Eddy across the forward line.
McQualter started the yr badly in the preseason comp and did not improve but still played in both gfs...Eddy played average against Footscray he's only fair game he's pplayed wearing the rw& b.
But we had not blooded anyone and conservative ross stuck with the hard bodied/mature failures....