Success Eastern and Co- HOME STRIP

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's great news, but I hope it's significant enough on the night.

My concern is that in the midst of a battle for a clearance, are both jumpers going to be black on the back with white numbers?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Interesting point. The Red Shorts should stand out, plus there will be some Red Stripe on display.

A few days ago, on another thread, somebody suggested some narrow Red & White stitching/striping on the outside edge of the back of the plain black Saints jumper. This would give it a Saints look.

Might be worth a look at for next year. :?:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what eastern does with his 'co' in the privacy of his home is his business. (i wonder if he has one of those pole thingies?)

(see this is why he wants pregame meet ups peoples!, last year he took his sock off in front of maxie and me!)
had to buy a jug so it would stop!

8-)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:what eastern does with his 'co' in the privacy of his home is his business. (i wonder if he has one of those pole thingies?)

(see this is why he wants pregame meet ups peoples!, last year he took his sock off in front of maxie and me!)

8-)
What a lovely foot too

:roll: :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pretty happy to be wearing that home jumper to be honest
shorts colour not too bothered about.
but if its your home game, you wear your home guernsy

2cents

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Cant wait for the red shorts..it will be 1975 all over again (for those who remember the introduction of colour TV, some Clubs briefly went a bit crazy with colour combos)
...and into the early 80's, as per b4e's avatar. Any idea what year that was? I distinctly remember a TV report on Sheeds taking over as coach at Essendon in '81, with the team training for TV in red shorts. Kinda reminds me of when the West Indies wore pink in the ODI's!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
saint66au wrote:Cant wait for the red shorts..it will be 1975 all over again (for those who remember the introduction of colour TV, some Clubs briefly went a bit crazy with colour combos)
...and into the early 80's, as per b4e's avatar. Any idea what year that was? I distinctly remember a TV report on Sheeds taking over as coach at Essendon in '81, with the team training for TV in red shorts. Kinda reminds me of when the West Indies wore pink in the ODI's!
Essendon and the Bulldogs wore red shorts, Hawthorn, Richmond (and possibly Fitzroy) gold and Melbourne changed their navy blue jumper to a horrible royal blue and made their red yoke twice the size. Fitzroy changed from a deep maroon to a weird crimson-esque colour

Ive got the 1975 version of that "League Football in Victoria" booklet from the day. It had all the new uniforms on the front cover. Ill see if I can find it and scan it

Colour TV came in in May 1975 so I think they all changed for that season

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
degruch wrote:
Essendon and the Bulldogs wore red shorts, Hawthorn, Richmond (and possibly Fitzroy) gold and Melbourne changed their navy blue jumper to a horrible royal blue and made their red yoke twice the size. Fitzroy changed from a deep maroon to a weird crimson-esque colour

Ive got the 1975 version of that "League Football in Victoria" booklet from the day. It had all the new uniforms on the front cover. Ill see if I can find it and scan it

And with 3D now in Robin Nahas wants people to go shortless.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
degruch wrote:

Those post-1975 Fitzroy jumpers looked great! There was an album featuring one player from each club released in 1977 (I think), where all the uniform sins you've listed were present...looked fantastic, sounded atrocious!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

So it's official right?

So long as we red shorts in away games against Collingwood and Essendon, we can wear our home jumper and they will be instructed to wear white shorts.

Great to see the AFL standing up to McGuire for a change!

Not sure Eddie will be happy having to wear white shorts for a home game, though.

Even better news is that we no longer need a clash jumper and can wear our home for every game!

So when is the big announcement?

FAIR DINKUM

thequarry
Club Player

Coincidentally barks, I just realised your avatar of that wonderful mark features the uniform arrangement that will be worn on Sunday! Let's hope it's at least as distinguishable come this week's game...

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
matrix wrote:what eastern does with his 'co' in the privacy of his home is his business. (i wonder if he has one of those pole thingies?)

8-)
What a lovely foot too

:roll: :roll: :wink: !!
looked more like 8 or 9 inches really.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:So it's official right?

So long as we red shorts in away games against Collingwood and Essendon, we can wear our home jumper and they will be instructed to wear white shorts.

Not sure Eddie will be happy having to wear white shorts for a home game, though.

Even better news is that we no longer need a clash jumper and can wear our home for every game!

FAIR DINKUM
When was this announced?

And when have we ever worn red shorts?

if you dont like the colour scheme, you better ditch your avatar.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
When was this announced?

1. OUR HOME GAME and we are told we have to wear white shorts!

2. Essendon away game, they wear red shorts and don't need to wear a clash jumper!

We still should be wearing our black shorts

SO ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL

:roll: :roll: :roll:

All we need to do is wear red shorts against Essendon and Collingwood when we are the away team and tell the AFL to instruct them to wear white shorts when they are the home team, now that the precedent has been set!

No need for a clash jumper, too easy

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

FAIR DINKUM
When was this announced?

1. OUR HOME GAME and we are told we have to wear white shorts!

2. Essendon away game, they wear red shorts and don't need to wear a clash jumper!

We still should be wearing our black shorts

SO ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL

:roll: :roll: :roll:

All we need to do is wear red shorts against Essendon and Collingwood when we are the away team and tell the AFL to instruct them to wear white shorts when they are the home team, now that the precedent has been set!

No need for a clash jumper, too easy
I know you're quite passionate about this b4e however if it comes down to a clash jumper and white shorts vs traditional jumper and red shorts, I'm rooting for the former!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Round 3 is our home game against Essendon. Will St Kilda be wearing their home strip?
10:20 AM Thu 7 April, 2011 | Back

From Agnes

for saints.com.au

Blog Article Content

Dear Agnes,

This weekend, as it is a St Kilda home game, the players will be wearing the home St Kilda guernsey with white shorts and the normal home socks.

Regards,

Michael Nettlefold

http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

It's our HOME game, YTF are we wearing WHITE SURRENDER MONKEY shorts?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:It's our HOME game, YTF are we wearing WHITE SURRENDER MONKEY shorts?

Don't be so greedy. One step at a time !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:It's our HOME game, YTF are we wearing WHITE SURRENDER MONKEY shorts?

Don't be so greedy. One step at a time !!

It's nothing to do with being greedy at all in any way, shape or form, it's about getting what's right, fair and equatable, right here, right NOW without the AFL shenanigans and a weak as piss, surrender monkey board who bend over at every turn!

What's the bet our weak as piss and spineless surrender monkey board bend over and we wear our clash jumper against Richmond the next time we play as the away team, when it's already been accepted that Richmond don't need an away jumper against us?

You know it will happen, I guarantee it!