Roo refuses Hooker's hand after game

Didn't see it myself, as by that stage I was leaving the ground. Many ppl talking about it today and bagging Roo for doing it. Possibly those at home saw it on the TV. What happened and what were the circumstances in which it happened? Did it look as poor as some are sauggesting or is it a case of ppl just having another excuse to get into Riewoldt?

Maybe he was reflecting on the 'roundarm' to his head in a marking contest in the second quarter that went unpunished by the umpires?

A strong enough blow to have Roo leave the field and go down to teh rooms to ahve his jaw/head checked by teh medicos.

Mr Magic wrote:Maybe he was reflecting on the 'roundarm' to his head in a marking contest in the second quarter that went unpunished by the umpires?

A strong enough blow to have Roo leave the field and go down to teh rooms to ahve his jaw/head checked by teh medicos.

You must reckon Rooy is a sook if you really think that. it was a normal footy incident.

Re: Roo refuses Hooker's hand after game

Moods wrote:Didn't see it myself, as by that stage I was leaving the ground. Many ppl talking about it today and bagging Roo for doing it. Possibly those at home saw it on the TV. What happened and what were the circumstances in which it happened? Did it look as poor as some are sauggesting or is it a case of ppl just having another excuse to get into Riewoldt?
I'm only guessing, but something about the off-season photo scandal may have been said.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
Saintersss

Mr Magic wrote:Maybe he was reflecting on the 'roundarm' to his head in a marking contest in the second quarter that went unpunished by the umpires?

No real excuse to not shake hands after a game. I've said some pretty horible things and vice versa, however I always shake hands after the game

No law (yet) that says that you have to shake hands. If hooker was being an utter turd then good on Roo.

St Lenny

You must reckon Rooy is a sook if you really think that. it was a normal footy incident.
Thats right, dont back our guys. What would you do if someone gave you a smack in the head at the footy. Just ignore it I surpose :roll:

a reportable incident imho....and a disgrace that roo didn't win a free kick and a fifty metre penalty....a bumber did in a similar incident later in the game

satchmo wrote:No law (yet) that says that you have to shake hands. If hooker was being an utter turd then good on Roo.
i think he was

he hit roo in the head.
.he sledged him..

he wrestled him resulting in roo being fined...

..why would you shake hands with the turd.....in my day you sorted it out behind the change rooms after the match.....or in the car park....

St Lenny wrote:

Thats right, dont back our guys. What would you do if someone gave you a smack in the head at the footy. Just ignore it I surpose :roll:
What are you on about? When in my post did I or didnt I back our player? I was questioning why a poster would even think that.

Must admit I didnt think there was much in it on the nutbox.

May well have looked totally different from another view at the game.

I would think a sledge regarding the K.D. episode may have fired him up more than a belt around the ears, which he cops game in, game out.

St Igmata

satchmo wrote:No law (yet) that says that you have to shake hands. If hooker was being an utter turd then good on Roo.
i think he was

he hit roo in the head.
.he sledged him..

he wrestled him resulting in roo being fined...

..why would you shake hands with the turd.....in my day you sorted it out behind the change rooms after the match.....or in the car park....
dont remember those days.
football is about moving on after a game..
"sorting it out behind the change rooms after the match.... or in the car park"?

WoW!!!.. you make it sound pretty dramatic.

Seen much worse than that on the footy field and players shake hands after the game.
Combatants on the field and move on after the game..

I'll cut the blonde bloke some slack. Best sport ever. He can do his nana once or twice, surely?

Besides, screw the little knob.

Nothing good about the Bombers.

Couldn't give a rat's nutbag.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
CeilidhSaint

in marriage?

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet

Best he shakes hands next time, probably didn't need to give the media something else.

If it were in the 80's (even 90's) Hooker would have been decked and probably woken up on Monday morning with a headache.

Modern day soft-c*ck football has spoilt a lot of fun in the game in many regards. God, how I yearn for some gloves off action... :twisted:

Sainternist wrote:If it were in the 80's (even 90's) Hooker would have been decked and probably woken up on Monday morning with a headache.

Modern day soft-c*ck football has spoilt a lot of fun in the game in many regards. God, how I yearn for some gloves off action... :twisted:

Yes it was much better hitting blokes behind play. Wasnt it great watching Matthews smash Giles and Smith from melbourne and Bruns from Geelong.

oakleighboy

What a little sook.
Has he got the mental strenght to lead us out of this mess ?

Furphy

Just hope they don't call us "animals" again. Whinging over-priveledged PR!CKS they are!

I thought this was going to be something to do with KD.... :oops:

oakleighboy wrote:What a little sook.
Not looking like it.

A friend of mine sitting in the AFL members area, was near the incident.
Apparantly, Nick was elbowed close to, but behind direct play. :!:

oakleighboy wrote:What a little sook.
I'm sure he excretes higher life forms than you.

What was a bigger disgrace was the lack of support from the rest of the playing group when Roo was being set upon by at least 3 Essendon blokes on the boundary. To me that showed the lack of interest and conviction. Over the last two seasons there would have been at least half a dozen blokes in there flying the flag. It was weak and insipid

BringBackMadDog wrote:What was a bigger disgrace was the lack of support from the rest of the playing group when Roo was being set upon by at least 3 Essendon blokes on the boundary. To me that showed the lack of interest and conviction. Over the last two seasons there would have been at least half a dozen blokes in there flying the flag. It was weak and insipid
Yup.