Roo refuses Hooker's hand after game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Roo refuses Hooker's hand after game

Didn't see it myself, as by that stage I was leaving the ground. Many ppl talking about it today and bagging Roo for doing it. Possibly those at home saw it on the TV. What happened and what were the circumstances in which it happened? Did it look as poor as some are sauggesting or is it a case of ppl just having another excuse to get into Riewoldt?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Maybe he was reflecting on the 'roundarm' to his head in a marking contest in the second quarter that went unpunished by the umpires?

A strong enough blow to have Roo leave the field and go down to teh rooms to ahve his jaw/head checked by teh medicos.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Maybe he was reflecting on the 'roundarm' to his head in a marking contest in the second quarter that went unpunished by the umpires?

A strong enough blow to have Roo leave the field and go down to teh rooms to ahve his jaw/head checked by teh medicos.

You must reckon Rooy is a sook if you really think that. it was a normal footy incident.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Roo refuses Hooker's hand after game

Moods wrote:Didn't see it myself, as by that stage I was leaving the ground. Many ppl talking about it today and bagging Roo for doing it. Possibly those at home saw it on the TV. What happened and what were the circumstances in which it happened? Did it look as poor as some are sauggesting or is it a case of ppl just having another excuse to get into Riewoldt?
I'm only guessing, but something about the off-season photo scandal may have been said.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
Saintersss
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Maybe he was reflecting on the 'roundarm' to his head in a marking contest in the second quarter that went unpunished by the umpires?

No real excuse to not shake hands after a game. I've said some pretty horible things and vice versa, however I always shake hands after the game

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

No law (yet) that says that you have to shake hands. If hooker was being an utter turd then good on Roo.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
St Lenny
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

You must reckon Rooy is a sook if you really think that. it was a normal footy incident.
Thats right, dont back our guys. What would you do if someone gave you a smack in the head at the footy. Just ignore it I surpose :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

a reportable incident imho....and a disgrace that roo didn't win a free kick and a fifty metre penalty....a bumber did in a similar incident later in the game

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:No law (yet) that says that you have to shake hands. If hooker was being an utter turd then good on Roo.
i think he was

he hit roo in the head.
.he sledged him..

he wrestled him resulting in roo being fined...

..why would you shake hands with the turd.....in my day you sorted it out behind the change rooms after the match.....or in the car park....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thats right, dont back our guys. What would you do if someone gave you a smack in the head at the footy. Just ignore it I surpose :roll:
What are you on about? When in my post did I or didnt I back our player? I was questioning why a poster would even think that.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Must admit I didnt think there was much in it on the nutbox.

May well have looked totally different from another view at the game.

I would think a sledge regarding the K.D. episode may have fired him up more than a belt around the ears, which he cops game in, game out.

St Igmata
Club Player

stinger wrote:
satchmo wrote:No law (yet) that says that you have to shake hands. If hooker was being an utter turd then good on Roo.
i think he was

he hit roo in the head.
.he sledged him..

he wrestled him resulting in roo being fined...

..why would you shake hands with the turd.....in my day you sorted it out behind the change rooms after the match.....or in the car park....
dont remember those days.
football is about moving on after a game..
"sorting it out behind the change rooms after the match.... or in the car park"?

WoW!!!.. you make it sound pretty dramatic.

Seen much worse than that on the footy field and players shake hands after the game.
Combatants on the field and move on after the game..

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'll cut the blonde bloke some slack. Best sport ever. He can do his nana once or twice, surely?

Besides, screw the little knob.

Nothing good about the Bombers.

Couldn't give a rat's nutbag.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

in marriage?

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Best he shakes hands next time, probably didn't need to give the media something else.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

If it were in the 80's (even 90's) Hooker would have been decked and probably woken up on Monday morning with a headache.

Modern day soft-c*ck football has spoilt a lot of fun in the game in many regards. God, how I yearn for some gloves off action... :twisted:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:If it were in the 80's (even 90's) Hooker would have been decked and probably woken up on Monday morning with a headache.

Modern day soft-c*ck football has spoilt a lot of fun in the game in many regards. God, how I yearn for some gloves off action... :twisted:

Yes it was much better hitting blokes behind play. Wasnt it great watching Matthews smash Giles and Smith from melbourne and Bruns from Geelong.

oakleighboy
Club Player

What a little sook.
Has he got the mental strenght to lead us out of this mess ?

Furphy
Club Player

Just hope they don't call us "animals" again. Whinging over-priveledged PR!CKS they are!

markp
Saintsational Legend

I thought this was going to be something to do with KD.... :oops:

spert
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:What a little sook.
Not looking like it.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

A friend of mine sitting in the AFL members area, was near the incident.
Apparantly, Nick was elbowed close to, but behind direct play. :!:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

oakleighboy wrote:What a little sook.
I'm sure he excretes higher life forms than you.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

What was a bigger disgrace was the lack of support from the rest of the playing group when Roo was being set upon by at least 3 Essendon blokes on the boundary. To me that showed the lack of interest and conviction. Over the last two seasons there would have been at least half a dozen blokes in there flying the flag. It was weak and insipid

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:What was a bigger disgrace was the lack of support from the rest of the playing group when Roo was being set upon by at least 3 Essendon blokes on the boundary. To me that showed the lack of interest and conviction. Over the last two seasons there would have been at least half a dozen blokes in there flying the flag. It was weak and insipid
Yup.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post