The Move to Seaford

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The Move to Seaford

Full of win

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Maybe having some nice training facilities has made them a bit soft?

having a gym with real weights instead of woolies bags full of stones should have surely done the trick by now.

How are ya barks?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

thats right moving to seaford is the reason we are losing. You sir are an idiot

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yeah we are losing because the move to seaford. FFS saints why move into this new, 21st century, multi million dollar facility.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Yeah we are losing because the move to seaford. FFS saints why move into this new, 21st century, multi million dollar facility.
Especially when we could have bought out some golf club and gone into debt to the tune of $50-60 Mill and still ended up with the same standard facilities !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:thats right moving to seaford is the reason we are losing. You sir are an idiot
+1

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Bring back GT.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Bring back GT.
to SEN !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

noob
Club Player

Didn't stop Rocky winning in s*** conditions/facilities :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Surely its more to do with us not standing up to the AFL and not wearing black shorts today :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I blame the combination of the new wetsuit jersey and seaford.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Actually ... look what happened when the Pies moved to the Lexus Centre. When the Hawks moved to the Waverley Park training base.

Both teams fell away for a couple of years.

Moving from a second-rate facility -- with tons of atmosphere and familiarity -- may not be all it's cracked up to be. Moving in the middle of the pre-season is indisputably disruptive. The team may still have some adjusting to do.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Actually ... look what happened when the Pies moved to the Lexus Centre. When the Hawks moved to the Waverley Park training base.

Both teams fell away for a couple of years.

Moving from a second-rate facility -- with tons of atmosphere and familiarity -- may not be all it's cracked up to be. Moving in the middle of the pre-season is indisputably disruptive. The team may still have some adjusting to do.
I think Roos new hair style is the reason we're losing.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas is right!

Seaford is so full of win!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Haha...was waiting for someone to comment on Footy Classified tonight.

The old coach put in quite the performance

Bring back the Lockett era
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Was he off the mark......as a commentator??

Still backed ross to deliver, still backed the players.....outlined obvious issues, perhaps did not go hard enough....

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Was he off the mark......as a commentator??

Still backed ross to deliver, still backed the players.....outlined obvious issues, perhaps did not go hard enough....
No he wasn't mostly,he's usually pretty good. Just let's himself down when he let's that extraordinary ego take over and then that bitter little ex girlfriend attitude comes out. That shot at Ross about inheriting a great list was pathetic...one he failed to take to a grand final and was going backwards he should of added

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did ross not take over a great list....80% of the gf teams were on it....

Lost gehrig, harvey, hamill, voss, thompson some delistings....maguire, allen, clarke, watts all suffered career ending injuries

Got gardiner, schnieder, king, dempster, ray, peake, dawson from other clubs

on 2007 list
Riewoldt, hayes, goddard, montagna, fisher, montagna, dal santo, gilbert, gram, koschitzke, ball, milne, raph, hudghton, gwilt

Hard pressed not to succeed with that core

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Did ross not take over a great list....80% of the gf teams were on it....

Lost gehrig, harvey, hamill, voss, thompson some delistings....maguire, allen, clarke, watts all suffered career ending injuries

Got gardiner, schnieder, king, dempster, ray, peake, dawson from other clubs

on 2007 list
Riewoldt, hayes, goddard, montagna, fisher, montagna, dal santo, gilbert, gram, koschitzke, ball, milne, raph, hudghton, gwilt

Hard pressed not to succeed with that core
True. maybe says something about Gt that he couldn't then

spert
Saintsational Legend

They should have gone to Bonbeach not Seaford.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

They should have got Knights stadium in Sunshine, that would have hardened the c%$#s up.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Great looking new facilities, but a lot more travel time for both players and staff.

Pools looks far too small, no facility to dry out boots after training on wet days, car park too small.

As with the recruiting, game plan and player refreshment, lack of attention to detail is costly and not easily fixed. :cry:

spert
Saintsational Legend

I just wonder how much this travelling to Seaford is getting in the players heads, as I reckon a lot of them would be living up close to the CBD and would be reluctant to move down the road. I used to travel from Elwood to Chelsea to rehearse with a band a couple of times a week and that started getting to me after a couple of months and I reckon me travelling a few more suburbs down the road to Seaford would have broke the camel's back a lot earlier.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I just wonder how much this travelling to Seaford is getting in the players heads, as I reckon a lot of them would be living up close to the CBD and would be reluctant to move down the road. I used to travel from Elwood to Chelsea to rehearse with a band a couple of times a week and that started getting to me after a couple of months and I reckon me travelling a few more suburbs down the road to Seaford would have broke the camel's back a lot earlier.
Oh C'mon spert, it is their workplace. They kick a footy around for big bucks and they cant drive 30 minutes to their workplace?

Bloody precious princesses if thats the case.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I just wonder how much this travelling to Seaford is getting in the players heads, as I reckon a lot of them would be living up close to the CBD and would be reluctant to move down the road. I used to travel from Elwood to Chelsea to rehearse with a band a couple of times a week and that started getting to me after a couple of months and I reckon me travelling a few more suburbs down the road to Seaford would have broke the camel's back a lot earlier.
agreed.

it'd piss me right off if i'd bought a nice house in brighton, and i was used to driving ten minutes down the road to and from work. now all of a sudden i'm driving forty-five minutes twice a day, along the nepean which isn't exactly the most enjoyable drive, going through about a hundred traffic lights.

i've left a job for exactly this reason in the past. wouldn't be surprised if some of the boys were considering it. or considering moving house - but who wants to live in patterson lakes? or franga?