Gold coast sainters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Gold coast sainters

Just outof curiosity, any GC sainters members of the Suns? Or gonna go to all their games?
I bought a family membership (had some money given to me by my mom!) so my 7 and 4 year old could see regular footy 20 minutes from home.

Went to the Suns first game at the Gabba - great night despite their flogging. Going to the Gabba again this Sunday - it will be my 4 year old boy's first AFL game. He's a Saints fan then the Suns, as he likes telling everyone!
I think they will beat Melbourne and that was before Moloney's piss effort!!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Yeah mate. I joined, as I did the Saints as well. Figured some footy's better than none and I know a couple of the Qld raised Suns kids and have always followed their progress locally.

All but to the stage of taking our little ones. Might wait til an arvo game at the new stadium.

The gabba's a ripping spot to watch footy. Those outdoors bars rule...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Does the Gold Coast stadium have undercover seating?

Planning to go to the July Saints match.

Tha AFL package for a reserved Gold Class Ticket and "stand up" buffet is $435 per person :!: :!: Who do they think we are - complete idiots :?:

ando051
Club Player

Me and the better looking half are travelling up north for the game in July, We have already purchased tickets online and have got row A on the wing for $50 each.

We have done the whole weekend not including spending money for $450 each, return airfares, 2 nights 5 star hotel, game ticket and airport transfers,

The afl package was $705 each for flights, 4 star hotel, a $35 ticket seat top level behind the point post, transfers and a 2 x beer or wine finger food before the game function at the hotel.

linz
Club Player

ando051 wrote:Me and the better looking half are travelling up north for the game in July, We have already purchased tickets online and have got row A on the wing for $50 each.

We have done the whole weekend not including spending money for $450 each, return airfares, 2 nights 5 star hotel, game ticket and airport transfers,

The afl package was $705 each for flights, 4 star hotel, a $35 ticket seat top level behind the point post, transfers and a 2 x beer or wine finger food before the game function at the hotel.
I've booked flights and accommodation for my daughter and myself. How do I book tickets to the footy so that we sit with Saints fans? Would appreciate feedback.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Flights also booked, same query re sitting with other Saints?

Best way to go about it anyone?

ando051
Club Player

I know the AFL have an allocated away team area in section 224 for there package. Unless you can get a ticket around the cheer squad area maybe. I have just got a ticket on the opposite wing from the main grandstand which is just a reserved seating area, just hoping its a good spot. I don't think the Suns supporters should be to feral yet.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/seatingc ... 6357/37962

Here is the seating map that my help

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Area 224 is behind the goals and is not a great seating return for flying interstate.

The AFL's thinking on this stinks IMO.

It's the wing area for me. :!:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Area 224 is behind the goals and is not a great seating return for flying interstate.

The AFL's thinking on this stinks IMO.

It's the wing area for me. :!:
Give you a tip...There won't be a bad seat in that new stadium. Custom made for footy viewing and only a little over half the size of Eithad remember.

I'm pretty rapt we're getting such a good facility up here. Stood in bog at Southport and Carrara too many times not to get some kind of pay back!!!!!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

haven't joined But for the last six month recieved membership info from the Lions
and mid last year recieved memberhsip info from the Suns... Curious....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ando051
Club Player

We are in 107 if thats any help junction.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I don't feel very enthusiastic about the Suns, just another manufactured AFL side in my books that the AFL will do everything for to get them a Premiership. I will go to the odd game but no way will I become a member. Looking forward to our game on the Coast though and the stadium looks really good.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:I don't feel very enthusiastic about the Suns, just another manufactured AFL side in my books that the AFL will do everything for to get them a Premiership. I will go to the odd game but no way will I become a member. Looking forward to our game on the Coast though and the stadium looks really good.
Since the inception of the draft, aren't they all?

There's plenty manufactured about the competition.

Still a great game tho.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:I don't feel very enthusiastic about the Suns, just another manufactured AFL side in my books that the AFL will do everything for to get them a Premiership. I will go to the odd game but no way will I become a member. Looking forward to our game on the Coast though and the stadium looks really good.
Since the inception of the draft, aren't they all?

There's plenty manufactured about the competition.

Still a great game tho.
Yes your absolutely right. Thats why I will always barrack for a Victorian side over an interstate side, even though I live interstate.

However, I do hope the Suns beat Brisbane this week, that would be sweet :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see you guys get the chance to see some footy "in the flesh"

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Nice to see you guys get the chance to see some footy "in the flesh"
Yeah Jig. Much relief to be seeing the elite stuff regularly. That said, the local stuff up here's not a bad standard and has that quality old-fashioned park feel about it. People always seem to think SE Queensland is all about league. Far from the truth. LIke most regional centres, all codes thrive in relatively equal measure. League and AFL a long nose to union with soccer a length back I guess.