GT: St Kilda players feeling sorry for themselves

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

And all eventually ran out of legs.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Keeping players switched on after successive Grand Final losses is something GT never had to deal with himself :wink:
Exactly.

Heard a story the other day about a bloke who lunched with GT at Vlados, shared a few sherbets with him, eventually, when the booze kicked in, they got talking about THAT season and THAT prelim v Port Adelaide. Question was asked of GT 'You had a great side that year, could have won it given how Brisbane were travelling, but you just could implement a Plan B to stop the rot when Port charged. What was the thinking?"

Thomas said: "Listen, mate. Anyone who reckons anyone's got a Plan B is a f***** idiot. There is no Plan B's. Never was.'

I vote for true.
Paul Roos and Leigh Matthews believe the same thing. As does Mark Thompson.
They also seem to believe that a good defence wins premierships.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Keeping players switched on after successive Grand Final losses is something GT never had to deal with himself :wink:
Exactly.

Heard a story the other day about a bloke who lunched with GT at Vlados, shared a few sherbets with him, eventually, when the booze kicked in, they got talking about THAT season and THAT prelim v Port Adelaide. Question was asked of GT 'You had a great side that year, could have won it given how Brisbane were travelling, but you just could implement a Plan B to stop the rot when Port charged. What was the thinking?"

Thomas said: "Listen, mate. Anyone who reckons anyone's got a Plan B is a f***** idiot. There is no Plan B's. Never was.'

I vote for true.
Paul Roos and Leigh Matthews believe the same thing. As does Mark Thompson.
They also seem to believe that a good defence wins premierships.
Definitely.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:I agree to a point.

We've certainly dropped off mentally. Some would say that cracks are appearing.

Body language, discipline on-field and off, and on-field effort clearly shows we're not 100% mentally switched on.

Whether that is solely the reason for us being winless and so insipid last week, I'm not sure. But I firmly believe it's a big part of it.
+1

It's not the only reason. But I feel that we aren't good enough to win games of footy when not pretty close to 100% mentally switched on

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It's gonna be tough fronting up to consecutive interstate games but there is absolutely no doubt that this bye could not have come at a better time.

Time for a big reality check; a heart to heart; a couple of tough weeks on the track and then attack a new 19 game season.

Go Saints!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

gt and kevin , back in 11

that'll liven the joint up :D

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.