AFL LIVE on PS3 n 360

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ttufc7
Club Player

Anyone else find that this game has an incredibly steep learning curve?
Starting to get it now but my in my first 5 or so games i was getting comprehensively smashed.

Tom_Sainter
Club Player

Thought I'd add to this post as tried game today. It is terrible, gameplay is so unrealistic, it is so hard to simply kick to a player. Graphics are disgraceful, what I would expect from an EA sports game from 2002. What a let down, i guess thats what you have to expect from Australian developers.
IMO worst AFL game released so far. Play NBA 2K11, now thats a sports game

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Tom_Sainter wrote:Thought I'd add to this post as tried game today. It is terrible, gameplay is so unrealistic, it is so hard to simply kick to a player. Graphics are disgraceful, what I would expect from an EA sports game from 2002. What a let down, i guess thats what you have to expect from Australian developers.
IMO worst AFL game released so far. Play NBA 2K11, now thats a sports game
EA Sports spend as much on their menus as these blokes had to produce the entire game. Give them a break, it will only get better with each version they bring out.
Maybe if you spent some time playing the game instead of writing it off after probably one game, then you'd find its actually not rocket science to kick to another player.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

ttufc7 wrote:Anyone else find that this game has an incredibly steep learning curve?
Starting to get it now but my in my first 5 or so games i was getting comprehensively smashed.
Yea it took me a few games to slowly get the hang off it. Managed to get my biggest win last night, 88 points over North Melbourne.. Not bad considering im only playing 3min qtrs :)

Ive found that running out the backline the key is to bomb it long and allow PEake, Gram or Jones to run onto it and you can normally run to 50m and bomb it through.. Takes all the ridiculous amount of tackles out of the equation...