Why did we not bring in Winmar/Raph as a late inclusion?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I actually think a few of you dont really even read or comprehend many of my posts....you just want to attempt to ridicule, because obviously i have stirred a nerve at stages....simple as that...

I could call the sky blue and there would be an attempt to mock....or personalize

Having a clear go at recruiting decisions and that been seen as a go at jb really angered a few people.....whats worse the major two people took umbridge at turned out correct....howard and lovett

The luke ball situation i posted on, caused a great deal of angst

My judgement on this pre season was ridiculed

My comments on justin sweeney were met such anger and vitriol i did not view again for twelve months.....comments regarding my wife...

My issue with team selection......particularly in last years gf wrt eddy....before the game...

And my so called allegiance to GT because i said he was a successful coach, at our club....and is compatively...esp given injuries

Call my posts ramblings....that is your opinion....i would say many of these topics that raised the ire of you and some others...have actually carried some weight....in hindsight.....so if i raised them now, there would be little issue....but because i called them early, look out....

Of course i have been off the mark at times, and am always willing to get correct in footy talk......but you, p66, and the other chronies who actually think they dont like me.....dont argue the footy point....or rarely, they just shoot down my opinion....

And you should also know by know, tjat many times i have been very positive...wrt our future, chances, supporting ross....who i believe is a football academic....and a great leader....and i rate many, many players on our list.....

My idols are Robert Harvey, tony lockett, ricky ponting, steve waugh, trev barker, nick riewoldt, lenny hayes, adam gilchrist, aaron hamill, darren lehmann....so to suggest i am not a loyal saints man, which is what is often done.....is ill informed.... At best, wrong...

Doesnt mean that i cant be negative, supporting stk sometimes has the ability to frustrate, infuriate......but exhilerate...we are not boring.

My no idea background

Degree in sports science
Level 2 afl coach, level two cricket coach
Junior cricket coach 97-99
Senior cricket captain coach 2000-2009
Football junior coach u14, u16, u18 2002-2011
Playing football.....2 under 18 premierships
Teal cup squad, senior debut at 16.....

After 17 yo very spasmodic career due to career and injury
Played in two different state leagues.... And in vic ammos, sfl, vfl
Broken spine and ruptured disc at steam try outs, spine since fused....at 17
Broken wrist....snapped in half, pinned and screwed back together and lost mobility at 20yo
Knee reco *2 at 23 and 25
Broken jaw and cheekbone from an errant elbow
Broken ankle and leg in one incident

And of course two games for saintsational....

But when it comes down to it, my main sport is cricket......loved footy more, looked ok young, but as with many, it didnt work out the way i would have liked....

dragit
Saintsational Legend

chillax,
It's fair to say that OUR club has made many, many terrible decisions over the years.
I for one don't think you need a sports science degree to be able to question the decision to play three (2 rusty) talls in the wet…
Some on here are so gung ho about never questioning the board or the coach, I've been shot down a few times with:
"You think you're smarter than the coaches hey?"
WTF is this place for if not debate anyway?

THE CLUB IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT
charlie gardiner, andrew lovett, adam pattison, jesse smith, ryan gamble (sorry ryan, but you are impeding the growth of lynch) >

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I actually think a few of you dont really even read or comprehend many of my posts....you just want to attempt to ridicule, because obviously i have stirred a nerve at stages....simple as that...

I could call the sky blue and there would be an attempt to mock....or personalize

Having a clear go at recruiting decisions and that been seen as a go at jb really angered a few people.....whats worse the major two people took umbridge at turned out correct....howard and lovett

The luke ball situation i posted on, caused a great deal of angst

My judgement on this pre season was ridiculed

My comments on justin sweeney were met such anger and vitriol i did not view again for twelve months.....comments regarding my wife...

My issue with team selection......particularly in last years gf wrt eddy....before the game...

And my so called allegiance to GT because i said he was a successful coach, at our club....and is compatively...esp given injuries

Call my posts ramblings....that is your opinion....i would say many of these topics that raised the ire of you and some others...have actually carried some weight....in hindsight.....so if i raised them now, there would be little issue....but because i called them early, look out....

Of course i have been off the mark at times, and am always willing to get correct in footy talk......but you, p66, and the other chronies who actually think they dont like me.....dont argue the footy point....or rarely, they just shoot down my opinion....

And you should also know by know, tjat many times i have been very positive...wrt our future, chances, supporting ross....who i believe is a football academic....and a great leader....and i rate many, many players on our list.....

My idols are Robert Harvey, tony lockett, ricky ponting, steve waugh, trev barker, nick riewoldt, lenny hayes, adam gilchrist, aaron hamill, darren lehmann....so to suggest i am not a loyal saints man, which is what is often done.....is ill informed.... At best, wrong...

Doesnt mean that i cant be negative, supporting stk sometimes has the ability to frustrate, infuriate......but exhilerate...we are not boring.

My no idea background

Degree in sports science
Level 2 afl coach, level two cricket coach
Junior cricket coach 97-99
Senior cricket captain coach 2000-2009
Football junior coach u14, u16, u18 2002-2011
Playing football.....2 under 18 premierships
Teal cup squad, senior debut at 16.....

After 17 yo very spasmodic career due to career and injury
Played in two different state leagues.... And in vic ammos, sfl, vfl
Broken spine and ruptured disc at steam try outs, spine since fused....at 17
Broken wrist....snapped in half, pinned and screwed back together and lost mobility at 20yo
Knee reco *2 at 23 and 25
Broken jaw and cheekbone from an errant elbow
Broken ankle and leg in one incident

And of course two games for saintsational....

But when it comes down to it, my main sport is cricket......loved footy more, looked ok young, but as with many, it didnt work out the way i would have liked....
Very impressive. Maybe you should do a top 50. I played 3 games of reserves footy and all junior footy. I was no good. I have no injuries apart from 22 stitches when split the webbing whilst playing a social game for Telecom. One of mates played VFL. 6 games. Career was wrecked because he was hit behind play and never played again. Knows nothing about footy though. Very interesting.

As for arguing the footy point, how can anyone argue things like we have the worst 9 kicks in the AFL. Of course we will ridicule comments like that as they are plain stupid. Then you talk about late changes. Brisbane went in with 3 talls and a tall as a sub. All of them had an impact. The ground didnt seem to bother them. Also you have no idea why RL didnt want to change the side. It may have just been balance or maybe he thought Winmar or Blake would also struggle in those conditions. Thats the thing that MM points out. You say things but have no inside knowledge as to why those things you say arent done and then criticize them. Things are done for reasons we have no idea about but I am sure the coaching panel are trying to win games of footy. And yes they make mistakes but no where near as many as you seem to think they make unless of course they can coach in hindsight.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

This is exactly the point....

Common knowledge that

Gilbert, jones, gram, Raph, geary, dempster and eddy are below afl standards by foot, thus turn the ball over frequently....lookmat their hb to kick ratios.....

Riewoldt is a very poor kick at goal...

Baker and blake are very average kicks and are instructed not to kick to a contest.....they have 90+ percent efficiency, not because the are good kicks, but because they stop, prop, kick short to a free man, generally sideways...

Every club has its shocker.....we have a few real shocker and a lot who are poor....

Flip side.....we have 4 of the best.....

On coaching moves......my main issue with our selection and style is that it is conservative and defensive.....and it keeps teams in games againt us.....it also keeps us in games with other teams....

That formula makes you compeyative.......but you gonna come up short against the best