all nine games will be live on fox

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

all nine games will be live on fox

which is great news...if you have pay tv......and i do..

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/b ... 1dt11.html

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Not convinced this isnt the first step toward "pay or miss out"on games which is very American.....sad if true for those less fortunate who love their clubs.

I get a feel as we head toward the bottom of the ladder we'll see saints lots on Fox and on free to air lots of Pies, Bombers, Carlton , Hawks etc...

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

I don't give a crap who gets it as long as it's live.

Batnoe
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Not convinced this isnt the first step toward "pay or miss out"on games which is very American.....sad if true for those less fortunate who love their clubs.

I get a feel as we head toward the bottom of the ladder we'll see saints lots on Fox and on free to air lots of Pies, Bombers, Carlton , Hawks etc...
Go to pub and drink water. If want to see and have no money there's a way

Carn Saints
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Not convinced this isnt the first step toward "pay or miss out"on games which is very American.....sad if true for those less fortunate who love their clubs.

Not very American at all, the is a lot of NFL on free to air over there. More very English.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The ones on free to air will be simulcast on Foxtel with the same ads. What's the point?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:

Go to pub and drink water. If want to see and have no money there's a way
Was more thinking those families etc that cant afford Fox and for which "go to pub drink water" isnt a viable option.

I choose not to buy Foxtel - can afford but I make the choice. Thank for your "options"..

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Not very American at all, the is a lot of NFL on free to air over there. More very English.
American/English who cares the point is you get the feel we'll end up at "user who can afford will watch...those that cant.....bad luck".

“Yeah….nah””
Richter
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:American/English who cares the point is you get the feel we'll end up at "user who can afford will watch...those that cant.....bad luck".
Got to say that I struggle to find a problem with that concept. Watching AFL footy for free on the box is not a God given right IMO - maybe the GF is, but that is a 'designated game' (or whatever it's called!)

Other footy options

- if you live in Melbourne - go to the game!!
- play yourself
- go to the pub/mate's place
- go watch local footy
- go watch the kids play

If you don't live in Melbourne and want to watch the Saints then this new deal SHOULD BE a good one - at least it OUGHT to mean that if you get Foxtel then you WILL be able to watch every Saints game.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

If it all goes to pay tv then i'll just have to get my footy fix from the radio....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Teflon wrote:American/English who cares the point is you get the feel we'll end up at "user who can afford will watch...those that cant.....bad luck".
Got to say that I struggle to find a problem with that concept. Watching AFL footy for free on the box is not a God given right IMO - maybe the GF is, but that is a 'designated game' (or whatever it's called!)

Other footy options

- if you live in Melbourne - go to the game!!
- play yourself
- go to the pub/mate's place
- go watch local footy
- go watch the kids play

If you don't live in Melbourne and want to watch the Saints then this new deal SHOULD BE a good one - at least it OUGHT to mean that if you get Foxtel then you WILL be able to watch every Saints game.
Again, thats all fantastic cause you can obviously afford it and you can play the "hey its a democracy" card. You also forgot to add from your options above "hey you can go suck an egg....".....thats free.....

Many long, old time footy fans wouldnt be able to afford the game IF it went the way of Foxtel for most games in future.....many of those fans were what clubs were built on. Cant believe the "God given right" is used as an excuse to deprive people the chance to see the game they built up and how that gets lost on some.

Still, we arent at this point yet, but the future football landscape and TV rights 2016 out will be interesting...no question Foxtel has grown this time around and its hard to see them going backwards in future...but at what price for the avg fan.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:If it all goes to pay tv then i'll just have to get my footy fix from the radio....
Dont think you'll be alone there Bob..

“Yeah….nah””
Richter
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote: Again, thats all fantastic cause you can obviously afford it and you can play the "hey its a democracy" card. You also forgot to add from your options above "hey you can go suck an egg....".....thats free.....

Many long, old time footy fans wouldnt be able to afford the game IF it went the way of Foxtel for most games in future.....many of those fans were what clubs were built on. Cant believe the "God given right" is used as an excuse to deprive people the chance to see the game they built up and how that gets lost on some.

Still, we arent at this point yet, but the future football landscape and TV rights 2016 out will be interesting...no question Foxtel has grown this time around and its hard to see them going backwards in future...but at what price for the avg fan.
Yes, I am lucky and I can afford it. As can the the vast majority of "old time footy fans" - whoever they are. I choose not to buy FOX and am highly unlikely to do so in the future - simply because I do exercise the choice to do other things with my life than just watch the idiot box all weekend - I do admit that I spend a fair few hours in front of it mind.

Exactly who are these "lifeblood of footy people" - who don't go to live games, don't go to local footy, don't have things to do with their families or friends.... and if these mythical folk do exist, how exactly did they "build up" the game - by collecting callouses on their backsides sitting at home watching the game on TV?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
undecided
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:If it all goes to pay tv then i'll just have to get my footy fix from the radio....
itll be the same as it is now except delayed games on fta will be live on fox

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:I don't give a crap who gets it as long as it's live.
Exactly.

I don't have foxtel but agree.

Teffers, it's all about live footy.

The AFL are years behind and the current agreement should've stipulated live games not allowing this delayed FTA rubbish.

Delayed = replay and I rarely watch them.

So at the moment FTA is rubbish as hardly any games are live!

I work with a single mother who had 3 kids, a mortgage, lives in Hoppers so is hardly wealthy, but has foxtel.

It can be done - it's about priorities children!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hey Teffers, without TV mobey our club would've stopped trading over a decade ago remember!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Kate
Club Player

:cry:
Not a just a question of whether people can afford it. Foxtel is not available at our house. No line of sight to satellite, and Foxtel not intending to install further cable.

Not sure the pub option works too well with small kiddies.

The upshot will be a football radio revolution. That, or go back to the great white ripoff, Telstra.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I reckon most people could find $15 in their budget if they really want the footy. It is great for people that it is live. Also why would radio now get more use. It is still yhe same as it has been for years for poeple wothout foxtel. 4 games on normal TV stations.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its not 15 bucks
its 15 bucks PLUS the 50 odd to get the basic package

as you cannot just have the sports channels on their own
so to get the footy would have to be paying around 60 odd a month

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:its not 15 bucks
its 15 bucks PLUS the 50 odd to get the basic package

as you cannot just have the sports channels on their own
so to get the footy would have to be paying around 60 odd a month
Yep as i said $15 a week. Why would I talk monthy. i budget weekly. Well I actually dont budget but I get paid weekly. Its $2 a day. Like I said though if you dont want it nothing changes so why all of a sudden is radio a better option.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

A. you did not say monthly
B. most people know that the foxtel bill IS monthly

so by saying:
"I reckon most people could find $15 in their budget if they really want the footy."
looks like it would only cost $15 a month for the footy, when it would cost over 60

either way its a rip off you have to get the basic, thats the rort right there
ive been a customer for over ten years and they have not once given me anything. accept the odd movie channel they give free to EVERYONE for a week or two twice a year

its why streams will always be used for those that know what they are
and where to find them

goddardisgod
Club Player

You pay $58 a month.

$42 for basic stuff
$16 for sport.

Pretty much $2 a day.

That $2 is paying for fewer adverts and the 110 games you would be otherwise unable to watch. Along with actual good footy shows, On the Couch and AFL Teams. And good commentators.

Super Rugby, EPL, A-League, NRL, NFL, NBA etc. You'll get all that s*** too.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:A. you did not say monthly
B. most people know that the foxtel bill IS monthly

so by saying:
"I reckon most people could find $15 in their budget if they really want the footy."
looks like it would only cost $15 a month for the footy, when it would cost over 60

either way its a rip off you have to get the basic, thats the rort right there
ive been a customer for over ten years and they have not once given me anything. accept the odd movie channel they give free to EVERYONE for a week or two twice a year

its why streams will always be used for those that know what they are
and where to find them
So you have got it and are whinging about the cost. Get rid of it then. we pay $160 a month. If I didnt like the cost there is an easy solution. I would just get rid of it. We get nothing extra as well but thats life. Most companies for some reason only give the extras to new customers.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

who is whining about the cost??

you pratt :roll: :lol:

i said they have never offered me anything in the + ten years as a customer
i could afford the platinum package too plugger, but the movie channels are full of repeats and the other channels do not interest me

i said its a rort that you have to get the basic package to be able to get the sports package.
thats all.

friggin lordy
:roll:

PLUGGER14
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:The ones on free to air will be simulcast on Foxtel with the same ads. What's the point?
Hope not... As it stands Foxtel shows uninterrupted quarters!

Don't care how many ads they show at the breaks but would be pissed off if they show them after each goal!!