Mental Toughness

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Mental Toughness

The biggest issue seems to be that no one knows how to re-invigorate the mindset of those players still affected the the 09/10 GF losses.

The assumption seems to be that the issue is temporary and that things will change back to normal at some stage.

The first 5 weeks of this year shows how much of an impact last year had on the playing group. It also shows that this will be an issue for some time yet.

You can argue that football is not life and that no one died but the the reality is that there is a problem moving forward and coming to terms with last year.

What ever happens this year I will forever be proud of how our efforts in 09/10 and will support the club through thick and thin in the future.

Let's hope that at some stage all at St Kilda can move forward without continually looking in the rear vision mirror....

battye
Saintsational Legend

I'm still feeling mentally drained and heart broken by the Grand Final losses last year. After 2009 I felt positive that we could climb the mountain again, and that faith was rewarded insofar as we did make it to the Grand Final again. But after the loss last year it just didn't feel the same. Did anyone else experience this too?

Because I'm guessing no matter how awful we as supporters are feeling, it would be multiplied by a million for the playing group.

It's no excuse for their performance this season, but it is a reason.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:I'm still feeling mentally drained and heart broken by the Grand Final losses last year. After 2009 I felt positive that we could climb the mountain again, and that faith was rewarded insofar as we did make it to the Grand Final again. But after the loss last year it just didn't feel the same. Did anyone else experience this too?
Yes. In 2009 we were that bloody good that it was impossible not to seeing us coming very close again. And history was on our side with respect to teams that fell short after outstanding seasons.

Wasn't the case in 2010. We had a bit of a scratchy year, and played well in September. History was not on our side with respect to age and consecutive runner-up finishes.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs