Saw some good Footy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felixleo
Club Player

Saw some good Footy

Thought Adelaide were impressive in the first half, playing on two thirds of the time, hitting targets by hand and foot, quick movement of the ball into their forward line finding their forwards one on one or one out. Winning clearances from the middle or stoppages they looked unbeatable to me. Then they started playing like we play and we started playing with some fluency and urgency like they did and the game turned around. Admitedly we started to get on top in clearances and contested possesion but I think it had a lot to do with our mind set. You can ask anyone to give their all but in this cutthroat business of football the negative tactics will dull the players of their natural instincts to attack. So what i'm asking is ,have the intense pressures of applying the forward press blunted our guys natural attacking instincts? Does going into a game with a negative defensive mind set kill our game? It seems to me that when our players are released into a one on one game we lift immensely.

Are you gonna be the one?
yallingup saints
Club Player

Agreed.

There is no confidencevwith our current plan.

One on one is the only way to bring it back.

Forget the zone our skills aren't good enough.

Who knows we might kick more than 100 points in a game, got to be better than what we are serving up at the moment.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saw some good Footy

felixleo wrote:... playing on two thirds of the time ...
We play on most of the time as well - even if it is a quick handpass to someone standing still 2 metres away from us and in a worse position - or maybe it will be a quick drop the ball onto your knee and get tackled, or maybe step sideways and lose the benefit of 10 seconds to calmly find a target, BUT WE DO PLAY ON!!!!!

Maybe we shouldn't and actually look for a player to be able to make a break and PASS IT TO HIM - not backwards - not by hand - by a quick and efffective kick!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saw some good Footy

felixleo wrote:... playing on two thirds of the time ...
We play on most of the time as well - even if it is a quick handpass to someone standing still 2 metres away from us and in a worse position - or maybe it will be a quick drop the ball onto your knee and get tackled, or maybe step sideways and lose the benefit of 10 seconds to calmly find a target, BUT WE DO PLAY ON!!!!!

Maybe we shouldn't and actually look for a player to be able to make a break and PASS IT TO HIM - not backwards - not by hand - by a quick and efffective kick!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!