how many weeks has ross got...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

how many weeks has ross got...

before pple on here and the gutter press start calling for his head...i saw that that skinny dick on the insiders this morning, started on dean bailey....

...in another 8 weeks...we could be still on a win and a half....6 points.....if that happns the knives will be well and truly out.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Won't happen as long as Westaway is president. Very critical of the culture of revolving door coaches and would want to give Lyon the time like the Pies gave Malthouse.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

i think ross is fairly safe regardless... the question is.. will he stay???
people will offer top $$ for him.. and with recent off field rubbish...

the only plus if he goes is that bomber isnt a head coach... roos isnt a head coach... even though i say pass.. malthouse wont be contracted

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

someone on here last night calling for his head so -1 days

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Not very long according to some on here - maybe 40 days... :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:Won't happen as long as Westaway is president. Very critical of the culture of revolving door coaches and would want to give Lyon the time like the Pies gave Malthouse.
+1

Couldn't have said it better myself.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

A point comes for any coach when their position is untenable.

It's a fair way off for Ross ATM. Wouldn't be this year, one would have thought. But it's funny how these sorts of situations can gather momentum in the press fairly quickly.

And the Saints have a record of executing coaches well in advance of any media speculation. So who knows?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas will be loving this

asiu
Saintsational Legend

we'd be nuts to knife ross.

stick with ross and we'll have roos as well , if we are (extra) lucky.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

The bigger problem could be that Ross may not want to stick with us. I shuddered when his close mate Paul Roos hinted that Ross was fed up with the aberrant behaviour of the players in the off season and was closer to walking than anyone of us would like to think. He'd be in big demand after his record over the past three years and there would be plenty who could afford him.

The problem as I see it is that the players are psychologically traumatised and exhausted from coming up empty after three grand finals in a row. I still think the core is good enough and that there are several promising types on the fringes. When, if ever, has the entire elite core played so poorly in the collective sense? Riewoldt, Goddard, Montagna and to a lesser extent Dal and Fish have not produced anything like the level of football that they did in 2009-10. Add to that we are missing our two most influential "stoppage" players in Gardiner and Hayes. The rest look tired and almost disinterested. Once the core fires up, we'll be back and on our way. You don't lose your ability overnight and our core is nowhere near over the hill. Can they overcome their collective scars? I hope so. We have one of the best coaches in the caper. Sacking him is not the answer. Any coach would be struggling to motivate our lot at the moment.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:The bigger problem could be that Ross may not want to stick with us. I shuddered when his close mate Paul Roos hinted that Ross was fed up with the aberrant behaviour of the players in the off season and was closer to walking than anyone of us would like to think. He'd be in big demand after his record over the past three years and there would be plenty who could afford him.

The problem as I see it is that the players are psychologically traumatised and exhausted from coming up empty after three grand finals in a row. I still think the core is good enough and that there are several promising types on the fringes. When, if ever, has the entire elite core played so poorly in the collective sense? Riewoldt, Goddard, Montagna and to a lesser extent Dal and Fish have not produced anything like the level of football that they did in 2009-10. Add to that we are missing our two most influential "stoppage" players in Gardiner and Hayes. The rest look tired and almost disinterested. Once the core fires up, we'll be back and on our way. You don't lose your ability overnight and our core is nowhere near over the hill. Can they overcome their collective scars? I hope so. We have one of the best coaches in the caper. Sacking him is not the answer. Any coach would be struggling to motivate our lot at the moment.

in my view it is more likely that he will walk rather than be sacked......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

If we capitulate completely this year, then I can't see why any other club would be clammoring to get Rosco!

Who'd be looking anyway? Melbourne may be the only one, and Carlton if they fall in a heap this year.

If he was going to jib it and leave the mess behind him, then he may have left it too late!

Having said that, I highly doubt he would.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Can't see the calling for his head unless he loses respect from the players.

I haven't noticed any signs of that sort of disharmony. The players seem to hold him in very high esteem.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

gees a few bad games and its well how many days ??? you talk about Culture, yet our fans cause so much of it.

3 GF's in 2 seasons not enough Evidence for some of you, IF THE PLAYERS HAD KICKED FREAKING STRAIGHT IN THE 2009 GRAND FINAL... ROSS LYON WOULD HAVE BEEN A PREMIERSHIP COACH.... but hey get rid of the coach, why the hell not, sounds like a plan to me....
Hell lets go back to the old St Kilda culture, sack the couch, waste another 12 to 18 months while the players get used another coaches style.......

I hope the admin don't think like half of our supporters, we need a 10 year coach, we need long term stability, Ross Lyon is the man for the job, if the past couple of years has not shown you that, you have been watching another team play.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:gees a few bad games and its well how many days ??? you talk about Culture, yet our fans cause so much of it.

3 GF's in 2 seasons not enough Evidence for some of you, IF THE PLAYERS HAD KICKED FREAKING STRAIGHT IN THE 2009 GRAND FINAL... ROSS LYON WOULD HAVE BEEN A PREMIERSHIP COACH.... but hey get rid of the coach, why the hell not, sounds like a plan to me....
Hell lets go back to the old St Kilda culture, sack the couch, waste another 12 to 18 months while the players get used another coaches style.......

I hope the admin don't think like half of our supporters, we need a 10 year coach, we need long term stability, Ross Lyon is the man for the job, if the past couple of years has not shown you that, you have been watching another team play.
I agree. Let's not revert to type and eat the coach. He's a keeper. However, let's not revert to type and keep a few selfish stars on the list that create a cancer that strickens our viability.

older saint
SS Life Member

F**k me a couple losses and bad performances and people calling for his head already.

Perhaps such reactions is partly why this club has only won 1 premiership. The most successful periods have been when stability in coaches occurred over time.

Never thougth i would say this but if RL gets the sack this year it could be the straw that breaks this camels back.

If we got rid of players when the team slumped much of the list currently there would not be there any more - Milne, Dal Santo, Kosi , Gwilt , all had period of time when they were terrible.

Suck it up and realise you do not always win!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Can't see the calling for his head unless he loses respect from the players.

I haven't noticed any signs of that sort of disharmony. The players seem to hold him in very high esteem.

1.25 min.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I would say about 156 weeks....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Personally I want Ross to remain coach for at least ten more years.

He turned us into the most formidable, disciplined stkilda side I have ever seen and I believe he can do it again.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Johnny Member wrote:If we capitulate completely this year, then I can't see why any other club would be clammoring to get Rosco!

Who'd be looking anyway? Melbourne may be the only one, and Carlton if they fall in a heap this year.

If he was going to jib it and leave the mess behind him, then he may have left it too late!
You're joking, aren't you?

I watched 5 of the 7 games on TV this weekend, and saw teams playing a version of the gameplan he introduced in every one of them.

Regardless of the team's performance, there is no shortage of admiration for Ross outside the club. Hard to think of a more polished and forthright media performer too.

Having said that, I think you've nailed his prospects. Melbourne the only likely destination, and he'd hardly be trading up.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Damn straight.

Lyons gameplan has been adopted by at least eight of the top ten clubs.

The only question mark I have about Ross Lyon at the moment, is what he can do right now, with the team under the pump like never before in his reign.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I don't think he'll be sacked..

When he goes it will be his decision.

maybe he'll convince Roos to join him as a double act somewhere, sometime down the track....a la Hird - Thompson...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Damn straight.

Lyons gameplan has been adopted by at least eight of the top ten clubs.

The only question mark I have about Ross Lyon at the moment, is what he can do right now, with the team under the pump like never before in his reign.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Lyons game plan has been adopted by 10 coaches you say, but not us, we don't look like St kilda at the moment.

I am not impressed with him at the moment, mainly because everyone says if anyone can get something out of a recycled player its Ross, but that could serve to be his legacy... when I heard what he said the other week about maybe it is the end, I was so shocked after just a few rounds in. It feels to me like its a different Lyon in charge of us this year.

Does anyone think we'll make a play for Malthouse at seasons end? I don't like him, but he knows success and will probably be looking to coach somewhere next year... its the first I've heard about Roos, is there any substance to this one?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

You're kidding right?