Match thread....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:can anyone explain why the turn around besides "we are s***" blah blah blah.

What changed? Did we stop attacking like the first quarter???

Anyone watching can you shine a light please
Well Shneider, Sipposs, Gram and Riewoldt didn't get a touch. We stopped our run and play on, we became reactive, and we couldn't buy a clearance to save ourselves. Armo, great in qtr one clearances, nowhere to be seen in qtr 2.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
degruch wrote:
Thinline wrote:I'm going for a walk. My TV will be grateful.
Sounds lie the usual St Kilda pattern for 2011...so come back late in the 3rd for the usual surge.
and hit the front only to blow it
...I wasn't going to mention it.

Saint4Eva
Club Player

mullet wrote:can anyone explain why the turn around besides "we are s***" blah blah blah.

we stopped doing everything, running, spreading, chasing and kicking went to s**t. midfield got smashed in the hard ball, dropped easy marks ect ect.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I do not undrstand how we can be so good in the 1st quater, and then so bad in the second, to the point it looks like they don't care.
I was foolish enough to think we might have turned the corner last week, ah well, that's life as a Saints fan I guess

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Soft, timid, no talk, intimidated. Only a handful of players can walk off with their head held high. FIRE UP YOU F!@#ERS!!!
Hawks are two down on the bench. Pathetic, insipid effort that quarter.
hawks came out firing in qtr 2, and the Saints squibbed it basically.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:...and we couldn't buy a clearance to save ourselves.
Amazing, considering they're down a ruckman!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

With Hale out the Hawks found an extra gear... winning the contests and out-positioning us.

Our talls went to water... Roo and Kosi can't hold onto a mark.

Our only hope now basically is to outlast them with a longer bench.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
mullet
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Well Shneider, Sipposs, Gram and Riewoldt didn't get a touch. We stopped our run and play on, we became reactive, and we couldn't buy a clearance to save ourselves. Armo, great in qtr one clearances, nowhere to be seen in qtr 2.
Thanks, good to see someone knows whats going on even if it isnt great. Very frustrating when not watching and all you get is we are shyte, drop him, drag him dont pick him.

Lets hope we can regain our run in third quarter. :D

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Confidence is paper thin.

Talent is there.

Headspace is not.

We are broken mentally.

Teams know we are shot.

There is nothing wrong with the players ability.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

It just feels like any game from the past 31 years taking out 97,98,04,05,09,10.

Get a head start against a side that is playing disgraceful football and are sure to rebound after a spray at the break. They get an early one,then a procession of goals follow,as our players become intimidated and scared. The opposition crowd reaches fever pitch as they get on a roll that we just step out of the way and let through. The players get a worried look on there face at every marking contest

Just feels like any other year pre 04 streak,the old glory days

Bring back the Lockett era
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:

With Hale out the Hawks found an extra gear... winning the contests and out-positioning us.

Yep.

Could have completely changesd if Kosi had have looked up in the first minute and hit McEvoy on the chest 25 metres out instead of blazing awy.

Then right at the end of the quarter two terrible mistakes. Kosi drops and absolute sitter, and Schneider gets caught witht he ball.

Add that to two snap goals from stoppages and that tell the tale of St Kilda in qtr 2.

Fkn horrible.

Lance or James??

mullet
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:

Geez just like when we played richmond and jack went down, everyone else stepped up. Lets hope we play better next half.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
InkerSaint wrote:

Geez just like when we played richmond and jack went down, everyone else stepped up. Lets hope we play better next half.
Maybe we need to use our replacement and get some run going again.

Lance or James??

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

In the first quarter Hawthorn were kind enough to kick it to us after they won the clearances. This allowed us to kick it forwards and goal. Unfortunately Hawthorn have reverted back to their 'unsociable' football and don't let us have it after they win the clearances. And therein lies our problem; we can't get the ball. When we do occasionally get the footy, Hawthon have 16 players behind the footy to get through.
Last edited by mad saint guy on Sun 15 May 2011 3:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
degruch wrote:
Sounds lie the usual St Kilda pattern for 2011...so come back late in the 3rd for the usual surge.
just hope I am wrong, we mount the usual comback, hit the front, and stay in front!!!!

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
degruch wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
degruch wrote:
just hope I am wrong, we mount the usual comback, hit the front, and stay in front!!!!
We need to win the fkn ball. Absolutely smashed at the clearances.

Lance or James??

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:Confidence is paper thin.

Talent is there.

Headspace is not.
This... mental application in and out like a bad radio signal.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
degruch wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
degruch wrote:
We need to win the fkn ball. Absolutely smashed at the clearances.
at least put more pressure on in the centre to stop clean possesion to them, won't happen though

I love this club
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ive not seen stats but hawks won every single contested ball and all their tackles stuck whereas all ours were broken. was completely one sided.

they had an extra player at every single contest. when we did get the ball from a soft free or something we just went backwards and sideways until they picked us off and won it back.

not sure we got it past half way all quarter.

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Rosco is notoriouslt slow to react on game day.

With Hale going off, it threw us out and we didn't react at all.

He's very good however, at reassessing during the break and countering. So hopefully he sorts it out.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Time to go to gym I think, when I get back we will be 5 goals up :D

I love this club
saintDal
Club Player

Good goal Cripps. Cmon Saints.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Cripps subbed on for McQualter... I feel more hopeful already...

Cripps goal! You f'kn beauty :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

go fish

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Thank god I have angry birds on my phone.