Stick Fat Saints, Have Faith in Ross Lyon!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Stick Fat Saints, Have Faith in Ross Lyon!!!

If the typical St Kilda mentality kicks in.. when things are going wrong hey lets SACK THE COACH, I am going to go off my freaking rocker...

Sack Ross Lyon and I tell you what this club is rooted... JUST FOR ONCE in this clubs over 130 year history PLEASE STICK F$%KING FAT...

History tells me to start feeling uneasy and I am just hoping for the love of this Football club, stick true, believe in the processes that have been put into place since Ross has been at the club...

This man who has got us to 2 (3) Grand Finals and a prelim in the past 3 seasons gone. He is no mug, HELL most of the clubs are now playing the push up man game plan that we the St Kilda footy club started back in 2009..... Ross Lyon and our group of players made a mark in the history of the game with the way it is played.

Please I beg you Westaway and Co, Stick true, believe in what has almost brought us success and keep going with our great coach.

Thank you
DSG

Wow! I feel a little better now I have let that out...

/end of rant..........

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
busso mick
Club Player

+1 DSG :P

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:+1 DSG :P
Make that 3 :)

battye
Saintsational Legend

Good post, I'm not sure why anyone would think sacking RL is the answer. The truth is he came up with a fantastic game plan, it was innovative and served us well for many years. But the rest of the league has caught up and sadly bettered it before we could win a flag. So now it's back to the drawing board for RL, make a new game plan and use the rest of this season to develop it. Burst out of the gates in 2012.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Crap post. Empty platitudes as you are arguing against noone. Im yet to read a single post saying "sack the coach". So not sure why you are all patting each other on the back for rallying against a view that isnt even there.

As for the coach's future. Nothing knee jerk. He just needs to have a plan to rebuild for 2012. Thats the only question and basis for coaching on next year.

Nothing to do with Saints history. If he has a plan for 2012- then yep he deserves to have a chance to execute it because he has shown he has the ability to execute.

But if has no plan he has no plan. Right now hes still on the old plan (circa 2009).
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Sun 15 May 2011 5:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasoncestkil58
Club Player

I am 100% behind you DSG. It is obvious that Ross Lyon has been and still is one of the better coaches that the Saints have ever had. We need to stick with Ross. Not convinced in some of his assistants though.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

+1

Just write off this year.

Reload for 2012.

Review the situation after the 2012 season.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sRaf
Club Player

People saying 'sack the coach' are just caught up in the moment. It's no more his fault than the players who have not been able to string two good quarters together all year.

Confidence? Game plan? I don't know, but from the looks of it it's something that appears to be unsolvable in the short term.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Empty platitudes. Nothing knee jerk. He just to have a plan to rebuild for 2012. Thats the only question and basis for coaching on next year.

Nothing to do with Saints history. If he has a plan for 2012- then yep he deserves to have a chance to execute it because he has shown he has the ability to execute.

But if has no plan he has no plan. Right now hes still on the old plan (circa 2009).
Why would you possibly think he has no plan for 2012?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Empty platitudes. Nothing knee jerk. He just to have a plan to rebuild for 2012. Thats the only question and basis for coaching on next year.
Totally knee jerk. And again just one question. Fair Dinkum :roll:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Nothing to do with Saints history. If he has a plan for 2012- then yep he deserves to have a chance to execute it because he has shown he has the ability to execute.
Everything to do with St.Kilda loser mentality, and he has shown that he can execute a game plan in 2009 and 2010.
Con Gorozidis wrote:But if has no plan he has no plan. Right now hes still on the old plan (circa 2009).
in 2009 we were laying 10-12 inside 50 tackles per match. We were winning all the hard ball gets, we were making 80-100 tackles per match, we were winning clearances, we had a defence that you couldn't score against.

Best gameplan in the world and you get that input from your players and it doesn't matter.

Fair dinkum, this simplistic gameplan, gameplan mantra of yours makes you look stupid.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterX
Club Player

Ross Lyon now has half the season to retool for next year. If he continues down the path of sending our players out with the same negative redundant game plan for the rest of the year then no I don't want him there next year.

Now is the time for him to reach into his bag of tricks and find something that will work next year or even sooner, and start working on it. I can wear losses from now til the end of the season if he shows us he does have another viable game plan to go forward with.

However, I would hate to see a mass clean out of players in lieu of the coach simply because they have had a bad a year as the team has so far.

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Why would you possibly think he has no plan for 2012?
because Ross hasn't told him.

Lance or James??

The Craw
Club Player

I most certainly don't want the coach sacked, but the attitude of the player group needs to change......and quickly.

You need to have a bit of pride and this group has lost every ounce of it. Give me a team that will have a dead set crack instead of a team wallowing in their own self pity.

They wear FQF on their jumper, maybe someone should remind them how it came about and what it stands for !!!

Not Craw, CRAW!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:Ross Lyon now has half the season to retool for next year. If he continues down the path of sending our players out with the same negative redundant game plan for the rest of the year then no I don't want him there next year.
tell me how does lyons gameplan help with our inside 50's tackles be laid, or the clearances or hard ball gets or set shots for goal, or our basic skills like bad kicking or dropped marks?

Stop being so simplistic. look at the big picture.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Wouldnt have a clue is RL is the answer but please, there is no reloading in 2012. Our run is over so it is time to draft and trade for a future in 5-7 years time. It aint happening next year.

Legendary
Club Player

+1 with the OP

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:I most certainly don't want the coach sacked, but the attitude of the player group needs to change......and quickly.

You need to have a bit of pride and this group has lost every ounce of it. Give me a team that will have a dead set crack instead of a team wallowing in their own self pity.

They wear FQF on their jumper, maybe someone should remind them how it came about and what it stands for !!!
Yup.

Moping about doesn't help. have a crack.

Players having a crack

Fisher
Armo
Siposs
Dempster (yes Dempster)
Schneids
Milne
Roo.

the rest are running about like chooks with their heads lopped off.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Wouldnt have a clue is RL is the answer but please, there is no reloading in 2012. Our run is over so it is time to draft and trade for a future in 5-7 years time. It aint happening next year.
So you dont think we can have one more crack?

If this is the case we need to offload a whole bunch of players and hunker down to about 2015-2016

Lance or James??

SainterX
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
SainterX wrote:Ross Lyon now has half the season to retool for next year. If he continues down the path of sending our players out with the same negative redundant game plan for the rest of the year then no I don't want him there next year.
tell me how does lyons gameplan help with our inside 50's tackles be laid, or the clearances or hard ball gets or set shots for goal, or our basic skills like bad kicking or dropped marks?

Stop being so simplistic. look at the big picture.
Ever wonder that the current game plan is so taxing over time that these skills slip off during games for that reason alone? Try to run up and down the ground like Roo for 3 quarters then see if you can give your all at the end of the game.
Sometimes simple is not the worst thing.

How many years would you give Ross the benefit of the doubt if he kept the same game plan but steadily went down the ladder?

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't sack the coach...we've tried that over and over and it hasn't worked...I hope they prune the list though, there are some players whose value is better suited to Sandy or other lesser leagues..

It happens

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Dieing to hear Ross's aftermatch speech.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Wouldnt have a clue is RL is the answer but please, there is no reloading in 2012. Our run is over so it is time to draft and trade for a future in 5-7 years time. It aint happening next year.
So you dont think we can have one more crack?

If this is the case we need to offload a whole bunch of players and hunker down to about 2015-2016
I have never read or seen a side make the top 4 for 3 years in a row then drop to 10-12th on the ladder and then go again. We are an old side with inexperienced youngters that will still be inexperienced next year. After that it is way to late.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:+1 with the OP
Agree too
To let rhe club know
Michaeln@saints.com.au
Rossl@saints.com.au

Reception@saints.com.au

remeMber to maybe put in the Subject line, 'I Support the Saints'
Or 'I support Ross aa coach'

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
fingers
Saintsational Legend

THis club has a culture of accepting second best and mediocrity. It has been there a long long time. RL has started to change that. GT went a long was as well.

It unfortunately is going to take a long time and a little bit of luck.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Good post, I'm not sure why anyone would think sacking RL is the answer. The truth is he came up with a fantastic game plan, it was innovative and served us well for many years. But the rest of the league has caught up and sadly bettered it before we could win a flag. So now it's back to the drawing board for RL, make a new game plan and use the rest of this season to develop it. Burst out of the gates in 2012.
who has said sack him? jumping at shadows.

lets not make this a black and white. sack vs support.

hes coaching crap right now.