Possible line up for this week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bendigo bob
Club Player

Possible line up for this week

My suggestion for this weeks team.

B: Dempster Dawson Lynch
HB: Gwilt Fisher Goddard
C: Ray Armitage DalSanto
HF: Cripps Riewoldt Polo
F: Archer Siposs Milne

R: McEvoy Montagna Schneider

I: Winmar Gilbert Smith Steven (S)

E: Walsh Stanley Gram

IN: Montagna Winmar Lynch Smith Archer
OUT: Baker (Sus) Gram Jones McQualter Kosi

New: Lynch Winmar

Mcevoy and Archer changing out of the forward pocket. Steven to sub during 3rd or 4th quarter. If lynch doesnt come up after last weks Sandy game walsh to replace.

BJ has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

BJ's #1 Fan

Winner of the half time Social Club auction for Kosi's jumper Round 19 2005
Can we build it? Yes we can!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

God I hope that aint the side. We must at least try to win. Melbourne have a few out so now isnt the time to play 8 inexperienced players. Gradually bring them in.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Not totally against that team however I would keep Kosi in. Let Archer play some more for Sandy.

In saying that though with that many kids in the team I wouldn't expect a win.

And I would play Smith as the sub.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i like your attitude. im all for this kind of "development team" to get game time for the remainder of 2011. id like to see some churn. and the old cliches 'lets find out who wants to play for the might saints in the future".

only way to find out and thats picking teams like this for the next 18 games. Sure we wont win many. But we will go into 2012 with a few ideas on where we stand.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:i like your attitude. im all for this kind of "development team" to get game time for the remainder of 2011. id like to see some churn. and the old cliches 'lets find out who wants to play for the might saints in the future".

only way to find out and thats picking teams like this for the next 18 games. Sure we wont win many. But we will go into 2012 with a few ideas on where we stand.
We wont win any so you are happy to go into 2012 on the back of one and half wins and all of a sudden try to win the flag. It will 100% not happen. Also we will end up with 10k less members and less sponsorship which in turn means less money on the football department.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Largely agree with you Con. My only hesitancy is that I would get the "senior players" on board with this approach.

They need to support the approach of looking to the future, which is an acceptance of "no finals" this year for them - the team being bigger than the individual. But, we don't want them walking away as well. :roll:

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

No hope of winning the flag in 2012 plugger. As I have posted separately, the Club needs to decide whether to take a short, medium, or long term approach.

No doubt the Board will be concerned about the dollars. :wink: Hopefully with our previous success, the major sponsors are well locked in for the next few years. The Social Club "reserves" will be the first to go, as well as many existing Social Club members, as the Club is delivering nothing for them, other than a Grand Final ticket opportunity. As you say, membership will fall as well.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:No hope of winning the flag in 2012 plugger. As I have posted separately, the Club needs to decide whether to take a short, medium, or long term approach.

No doubt the Board will be concerned about the dollars. :wink: Hopefully with our previous success, the major sponsors are well locked in for the next few years. The Social Club "reserves" will be the first to go, as well as many existing Social Club members, as the Club is delivering nothing for them, other than a Grand Final ticket opportunity. As you say, membership will fall as well.
I totally agree that we are no hope next year unless we somehow in at least 12 games this year which isnt going to happen. Con though thinks we can somehow win bugger all this year and have a shot next year.

I still believe you just cant drop all your average experienced players at once no matter how bad they are going. Must be gradual so we at least have a chance of winning. 20 goal losses will not excite our stars no matter how much they are told about what our aims are.

goddardisgod
Club Player

FB: Dempster, Dawson, Gwilt
HB: Gram, Fisher, Lynch
C: Ray, Dal, Gilbert
HF: Goddard, Riewoldt, Siposs
FF: Milne, Stanley, Schneider
R: McEvoy, Armitage, Montagna

I: Steven, Polo, Cripps, Smith

In: Smith, Montagna, Stanley
Out: Baker (sus), McQualter, Kosi

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I don't think that Con, or anyone with any sense, is expecting a flag in 2012, no matter what happens re. players.

Improvement, as in finals may be our best hope. :roll:

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I wouldn't drop Kosi, he will have a better game this Saturday, especially up forward.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
spert
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:I wouldn't drop Kosi, he will have a better game this Saturday, especially up forward.
I wouldn't have picked Kosi at all- he had no form leading up to selection, and I'm sick of waiting for his big game which he hardly ever has anymore. I would rather give Stanley some game time.

thequarry
Club Player

Interesting photo from today's training posted on the club's Facebook page:

Ross talking to Smith, Winmar, Clarke, Simpkin, Stanley, and I reckon it's Walsh standing behind Stanley (judging by his legs/height/hair). A number of youngsters (barring Clarke) who seem to be hovering around selection at the moment...I assume anyone coming in this week would be coming in from this group anyway - probably Smith and Winmar?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

So you think he played badly against Carlton?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

thequarry wrote:Interesting photo from today's training posted on the club's Facebook page:

Ross talking to Smith, Winmar, Clarke, Simpkin, Stanley, and I reckon it's Walsh standing behind Stanley (judging by his legs/height/hair). A number of youngsters (barring Clarke) who seem to be hovering around selection at the moment...I assume anyone coming in this week would be coming in from this group anyway - probably Smith and Winmar?
I think RL is telling this group that they are the future.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

from the rest of the photos you will get teh idea that the only guys out for this session( others possibly on break day or inside work) are those who are 'likely' or the rest of the team..

and yes Cripps is there- he only played a half as he was the sub.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

thequarry wrote:Interesting photo from today's training posted on the club's Facebook page:

Ross might be telling this group that they will have an extra training load this week because Sandi has the bye !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

goddardisgod wrote:FB: Dempster, Dawson, Gwilt
HB: Gram, Fisher, Lynch
C: Ray, Dal, Gilbert
HF: Goddard, Riewoldt, Siposs
FF: Milne, Stanley, Schneider
R: McEvoy, Armitage, Montagna

I: Steven, Polo, Cripps, Smith

In: Smith, Montagna, Stanley
Out: Baker (sus), McQualter, Kosi
Probably close. I think that it should be 4 or more changes though. Time to make a clear statement. Gram should be one of them.

Ok a few points:

I would amazed if after the Hawks game in particular with 3 quarters of dismal effort, after a series of mainly poor games that Roos did not this week make a few changes....and that some of ins will be younger players.

Question is then how many players will Roos seek to change...and what weight he puts on 2012 and beyond vs trying to ensure we beat the Dees.

As Cripps, Polo and Sippos played last week the main possible I see outside the 22 are;

Lynch: But backline would need to be shuffled to fit him in. Gilbert to wing or midfield?

Johnno...would be an in if not injured.

Ledger...may not be ready yet after being injured. Expect to see him blooded soon.

Stanley...give him a run in the ruck. Has been better since being dropped.

Archer....a possibility...but would prefer Johnno.

Smith..with Geary injured smith is the logical replacement to be tried as a small backman.

Simpkin..worth a run

Heyne..has not been showing enough....byt we need to have a look at him at the higher level.

Walsh. Hope he gets some games before the end of the season, but there are more worthy candidates this wee.

Whereas:
Winmar has not yet done enough.

Don't want to see this week:
players like Raph and Gamble back..lets look at the youngsters.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Can someone please tell me about Winmars year, in a bit of detail, please.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Can someone please tell me about Winmars year, in a bit of detail, please.
Well it sarted in Perth on the 1st of January. On the 2nd he went out to the pictures.

Should I go on?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Can someone please tell me about Winmars year, in a bit of detail, please.
Well it sarted in Perth on the 1st of January. On the 2nd he went out to the pictures.

Should I go on?
:)

I am sure people said he put a few good weeks together, which is why he was named emergency for so many weeks. Now I hear he hasn't shown anything.

Just want to know which it is.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Should I go on?

I am sure people said he put a few good weeks together, which is why he was named emergency for so many weeks. Now I hear he hasn't shown anything.

My best guess is that he hasn't really done all that much but has shown flashes of brilliance, or at least potential.

Much like Cripps before he was selected.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Should I go on?

I have only seen him play 4 or 5 games this year and I have bugger all idea why he keeps getting named. Yes he can kick well. Problem is he only gets it a handful of times a game. Plus he cannot stick a tackle and is not going to help in the problem area which is clearances. He also doesn't appear to be overly quick nor does have great endurance.

I would love someone to tell me I'm wrong because we really need another couple of mids to come through

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Junction Oval wrote:No hope of winning the flag in 2012 plugger. As I have posted separately, the Club needs to decide whether to take a short, medium, or long term approach.

I totally agree that we are no hope next year unless we somehow in at least 12 games this year which isnt going to happen. Con though thinks we can somehow win bugger all this year and have a shot next year.

I still believe you just cant drop all your average experienced players at once no matter how bad they are going. Must be gradual so we at least have a chance of winning. 20 goal losses will not excite our stars no matter how much they are told about what our aims are.
Agree with plugger for once. Pick the team most likely to win each week. The kids that are good enough will find their way in.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Agree with plugger for once. Pick the team most likely to win each week. The kids that are good enough will find their way in.
only if they are given a fair go and picked ahead of some of the no- hopers who seem to get a game every week....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.