Winmar.

A little bit raw, but showed enough to get a crack again next week.

I thought Winmar did Ok. He moves well and is a good kick. Definately a plus in this side

Quixote

Really hope the shoulder comes up!!

Moods wrote:Needs to harden up a bit - copped two hits and both times went down in a screaming heap.
bit harsh mate....had his ams pinned to his body in one and was driven head first into the turf and artificial turf....

Winmar7Fan

Moods wrote:Needs to harden up a bit - copped two hits and both times went down in a screaming heap.
bit harsh mate....had his ams pinned to his body in one and was driven head first into the turf and artificial turf....
Bloody hell the expectations of some of these guys is insane. I thought I was tough but then again with this kid I'm probably going to be a bit bias.

Also as much as in one way it doesn't please me to say it the number 7 is coming up available soon. I hope no other players have any plans for it because quite simply IT'S TAKEN..............

From what I've read, he is his own man, can't imagine he would want #7, but who knows… lets not right off the current 7 too quickly either!

Winmar7Fan wrote:
Bloody hell the expectations of some of these guys is insane. I thought I was tough but then again with this kid I'm probably going to be a bit bias.

Also as much as in one way it doesn't please me to say it the number 7 is coming up available soon. I hope no other players have any plans for it because quite simply IT'S TAKEN..............
Don't be too sure about that.

He probably won't want it.

Considering he's Nicholas and not Nicky, and that he's had little to do with his famous second cousin.

And considering he wants to be his own player

http://m.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints ... -jwzl.html

Winmar7Fan wrote:

Considering he's Nicholas and not Nicky, and that he's had little to do with his famous second cousin.

and nicky is actually neil elvis... :wink:

Yes very harsh - so is AFL footy. My concern is that his body may not be ready to play against fully developed men just yet. Standing next to Maloney at a throw-in - I was scared for the kid. Someone mentioned earlier that he had only ever played 6 games against men in his life. If you're a kid who's first experience playing footy against men is AFL players, then that would be fairly intimidating I would imagine. I reckon it showed on the weekend - that's all.

Let's hope he burns up Subi this week and manages to find some space. I get the feeling if ever a ground was suited to his game, subi would be it. In front of his own family and familiar surroundings, with a game under his belt - who knows?

Winmar7Fan

Winmar7Fan wrote:

Stop spoiling it for me I don't care what he wants this is my dream.

Nick or Nicholas is going it's going to be "Nicky" and he's going to be forced to wear the number 7 if need be. :wink:

Dr Spaceman wrote: He probably won't want it.
…he wants to be his own player
we're like some kind of separated conjoined twin type freak-show that still thinks the same things… and then posts it on a nasty footy forum. weird.

Winmar

It was a reasonable debut for Nick, but certainly nothing special. I hope he can build on it and finish the season with half a dozen games.

I admire the way Cripps manages to be in the right place at the right time. You can't really teach that sort of thing.

Siposs hasn't had a heap of it but blimey he uses it well. Gives hope for the future at least!
Winmar7Fan wrote:Stop spoiling it for me I don't care what he wants this is my dream.

Nick or Nicholas is going it's going to be "Nicky" and he's going to be forced to wear the number 7 if need be. :wink:
Haha that's the spirit!

Winmar7Fan

Winmar wrote:It was a reasonable debut for Nick, but certainly nothing special. I hope he can build on it and finish the season with half a dozen games.

I admire the way Cripps manages to be in the right place at the right time. You can't really teach that sort of thing.

Siposs hasn't had a heap of it but blimey he uses it well. Gives hope for the future at least!
Winmar7Fan wrote:Stop spoiling it for me I don't care what he wants this is my dream.

Haha that's the spirit!
Actually for all of us older sentimental supporters all we need is to lure back Tony Lockett and we have the main ingredients for a step back in time.

Lockett, Winmar and getting belted every week. It don't get more 80s than that. :wink:

Winmar7Fan wrote:
Winmar wrote:It was a reasonable debut for Nick, but certainly nothing special. I hope he can build on it and finish the season with half a dozen games.

Haha that's the spirit!
Actually for all of us older sentimental supporters all we need is to lure back Tony Lockett and we have the main ingredients for a step back in time.

Lockett, Winmar and getting belted every week. It don't get more 80s than that. :wink:

As long as I can buy VB cans and go to the Saints disco you've won me!

Winmar7Fan

tony74 wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:

Haha that's the spirit!

As long as I can buy VB cans and go to the Saints disco you've won me!

Ha Ha nice one we might even see if we can get Rick Watt there one night as well even though pluggers right cross might not be what it once was.

Winmar7Fan wrote:
Ha Ha nice one we might even see if we can get Rick Watt there one night as well even though pluggers right cross might not be what it once was.

Good times, glad we've moved on though. Was amateur hour to say the least.

Does anyone think Winmar did enough to keep his spot for another week?
I don't think not playing much, a few weeks ago, has done him any favours and then we picked him after a couple of games where he apparently didn't do much for Sandy, so maybe he'd benefit from some more games for Sandy, to get back into ball-winning form?
He also looks like he's going to do a shoulder every time he gets tackled to the ground. He could do with a kilo or five.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sat 28 May 2011 8:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint tash

Sub next week me thinks.

Oh when the saints go charging in!

Looked OK at times. Still getting use to the pace of the game at this level. Would like to see him get another run next week, even if it is as the sub, although Sippo could get that job !!

Eastern wrote:Looked OK at times. Still getting use to the pace of the game at this level. Would like to see him get another run next week, even if it is as the sub, although Sippo could get that job !!
Not sure if we can carry both Sippa and Cuz against the Pies.