Excuse For Kosi This Week? Surprise! Surprise!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:So what were your intentions in creating the thread Bernard?

The thread title reads something like 'what is the excuse for Kosi this week, surprise surprise'

Not 'Have we other options as I think Kosi is underperforming'

It just reads poorly IMO, especially given the circumstances.

You don't think that's a fair point?

You told me you don't like abuse of players that play for us, this thread just encourages it IMO.
SainterK I've got to be honest it wasn't until recently that I realised you were female. In hindsight it is obvious. Please don't take this post the wrong way as I'm just making an observation.
Seeing straight through you Cairnsman. And it's not pretty.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:Disgraceful thread full of hot air puffed out by some of the biggest Internet heroes this side of Facebook

Ill name names seeing as they all seem so keen to be blunt. Bernard, Dools and ace..there 3 for you..yes I know theres more..go take a good hard look at yourselves you bunch of alleged "supporters"

Good on those who have stuck by Kosi, and thats different to mindlessly defending him..shame a few cant see that

When the chips are down nice to see who your real friends are eh??
yeah good one Saints66au.

One thinks because he is a CS member, he can take pot shots at players is the most disgusting and demeaning of ways.
i dont take 'pot shots' at players because i'm a CS member, i have a go at players when they are letting us down and putting in F**K all effort.
It was great to see every player put in 100% on the weekend (...but wait, aparently i'm not a real supporter so what was i doing at subiaco???) but every player put in their all and we came away with a strong win, IMO if kosi was playing he would of done very little as usual.
Yes kosi has had brain scans, but hes been sh!t for a long time now, not just this week.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:Kosi is finished as a footballer in this league and has been for a long time. Move on.
He was great throughout 2009 with the exception of a wet & wild GF day.

It probably helped that he was getting the ball delivered nicely, which none of our forwards have enjoyed consistently since.
WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THE PAST? WHO CARES HOW HE PLAYED IN 2009? THAT WAS 2 YEARS AGO, I HAVE MORE CHANCE OF FLYING TO THE MOON THAN KOSI PLAYING LIKE HE USED TO. HE IS OVER, DONE, PAST HIS TIME. MOVE ON. STOP THINING ABOUT THE PAST

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:Disgraceful thread full of hot air puffed out by some of the biggest Internet heroes this side of Facebook

Ill name names seeing as they all seem so keen to be blunt. Bernard, Dools and ace..there 3 for you..yes I know theres more..go take a good hard look at yourselves you bunch of alleged "supporters"

Good on those who have stuck by Kosi, and thats different to mindlessly defending him..shame a few cant see that

One thinks because he is a CS member, he can take pot shots at players is the most disgusting and demeaning of ways.
i dont take 'pot shots' at players because i'm a CS member, i have a go at players when they are letting us down and putting in F**K all effort.
It was great to see every player put in 100% on the weekend (...but wait, aparently i'm not a real supporter so what was i doing at subiaco???) but every player put in their all and we came away with a strong win, IMO if kosi was playing he would of done very little as usual.
Yes kosi has had brain scans, but hes been sh!t for a long time now, not just this week.
Do you honestly think players dont put in an effort as best they can every week? I think Kosi is now a poor footballer and it looks like his effort may be down occasionly but I have no doubt he is trying 100%. Love to know a reason why he wouldnt be trying his best. One doesnt come to mind for me anyway. i suggest instead of having a go at Kosi for lack of effort, have a go at selectors for picking him.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Do you honestly think players dont put in an effort as best they can every week? I think Kosi is now a poor footballer and it looks like his effort may be down occasionly but I have no doubt he is trying 100%. Love to know a reason why he wouldnt be trying his best. One doesnt come to mind for me anyway. i suggest instead of having a go at Kosi for lack of effort, have a go at selectors for picking him.
maybe your right Plugger. what he is doing may be 100%, but if that is 100% for him, then maybe its time to move on and find someone to replace him. because thats not 100% at an AFL level.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The guy is coming back from major ankle surgery in the off season, he may not be up to playing like he did, but we have few options of guys that can play like him. If he is the worst player on the ground for us every week so be it but don't replace him until someone better takes his spot. I still see him as offering something long term. The umpires at least may have a look at Martin continually targeting another players head at the bounce, once is accidental twice is targeting. He actually looked pretty driven at the start of that game and was making contests and chasing, once he got tired from rucking and running forward and kicked in the head he dropped away. Every player on our list should be shown some respect by the piss weak snipers on here.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the coach says kossi is still worth his spot.....that's good enough for me...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The guy is coming back from major ankle surgery in the off season, he may not be up to playing like he did, but we have few options of guys that can play like him. If he is the worst player on the ground for us every week so be it but don't replace him until someone better takes his spot. I still see him as offering something long term. The umpires at least may have a look at Martin continually targeting another players head at the bounce, once is accidental twice is targeting. He actually looked pretty driven at the start of that game and was making contests and chasing, once he got tired from rucking and running forward and kicked in the head he dropped away. Every player on our list should be shown some respect by the piss weak snipers on here.
You honestly couldnt be serious that the ruckman targetted his head. I take it your parents wouldnt let you play the game.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I'm not abusing Kosi, just questioning his commitment and value to the team.
He's shown more commitment to the club than you Mr Shakey!
You need to stop justifying you own bulls***. Irrespective of his ability you have no concept of reality.

Another opportunity awaits!
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:So what were your intentions in creating the thread Bernard?

The thread title reads something like 'what is the excuse for Kosi this week, surprise surprise'

Not 'Have we other options as I think Kosi is underperforming'

It just reads poorly IMO, especially given the circumstances.

You don't think that's a fair point?

You told me you don't like abuse of players that play for us, this thread just encourages it IMO.
SainterK I've got to be honest it wasn't until recently that I realised you were female. In hindsight it is obvious. Please don't take this post the wrong way as I'm just making an observation.
I've only just found out that you're a eunuch, but in hindsight it was obvious.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ace
Saintsational Legend

"I didn't get a touch versus Collingwood because I was playing for Sandringham.
But the Big Hamburger got selected and got a few because he is a better player than me".

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:the coach says kossi is still worth his spot.....that's good enough for me...
+1

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Leo.J
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:
stinger wrote:the coach says kossi is still worth his spot.....that's good enough for me...
+1
+2

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
saint66au wrote:
+1
+2
Horses for Courses

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
saint66au wrote:
+1
+2
+3

That's all that matters.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
You need to stop justifying you own bulls***. Irrespective of his ability you have no concept of reality.
Has he? I have been to more training sessions than you've had roast dinners in the past six years, and number 23 always looks like he doesn't want to be there. I'm sick of everyone making excuses for a bloke who is just not up to it. If I was being paid a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year for no discernible effort, I'd be very happy.
I'm not saying Kosi is not trying and I know he has physical and maybe mental problems, but he is a liability to the team at present.

It's time to give him a few games at Sandy to see what he can do.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote: SainterK I've got to be honest it wasn't until recently that I realised you were female. In hindsight it is obvious. Please don't take this post the wrong way as I'm just making an observation.
I've only lately realised that you're a troll - In hindsight it is obvious.....
Most on here would have you summed up :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Moccha wrote:
Has he? I have been to more training sessions than you've had roast dinners in the past six years, and number 23 always looks like he doesn't want to be there. I'm sick of everyone making excuses for a bloke who is just not up to it. If I was being paid a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year for no discernible effort, I'd be very happy. 
I'm not saying Kosi is not trying and I know he has physical and maybe mental problems, but he is a liability to the team at present.

Your post is confusing BS. 

You say Kosi looks like he doesn't want to be there. You say he's earning a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year for no discernible effort.

But you then go on to say "I'm not saying Kosi is not trying"

The previous comments suggest that's exactly what you are saying!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Has he? I have been to more training sessions than you've had roast dinners in the past six years, and number 23 always looks like he doesn't want to be there.
So now BS is questioning the wisdom of two head coaches, numerous assistant coaches, and two boards who have all kept a "non interested"player at the club.

Bernard Shakey wrote:I'm sick of everyone making excuses for a bloke who is just not up to it.
And by the sounds of it most people on this thread are sick of your gutless cowardly pots shots at a player.

You go to training all the time (as you constantly tell us). How many time s have you faced up to kosi to tell him he is hopeless?

Have you the courage of your convictions in person, or are you just a coward behind a computer?
Bernard Shakey wrote: If I was being paid a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year for no discernible effort, I'd be very happy.
No discernible effort, doesn't want to be there. Both your quotes, then you have the nerve to say
Bernard Shakey wrote:I'm not saying Kosi is not trying
incredibly pathetic and gutless :roll:
Bernard Shakey wrote:It's time to give him a few games at Sandy to see what he can do.
regardless of how you back away from this at a million miles an hour, you have been shown for the coward and piece of excretia that you are.

Wow you get to training :roll: . Most of us have to work. Whats your excuse?

Now go and face kosi and tell him how brave you are slagging him on an internet forum.

Coward.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Moccha wrote:

Your post is confusing BS. 

You say Kosi looks like he doesn't want to be there. You say he's earning a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year for no discernible effort.

Most defensive posts are when one has been cornered like a rat.

Love it when cowards are hoist with one's own petard.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Moccha wrote:

I go to training a lot too. I can tell you the boy from Brocklesby loves being there.( Trust me on this one )

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Moccha wrote:

I go to training a lot too. I can tell you the boy from Brocklesby loves being there.( Trust me on this one )
Thanks mate :)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote: Your post is confusing BS. 

As you say, I said he looks like he doesn't want to be there. I don't know what's actually going on between his ears, so I can't say he's not trying.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Your post is confusing BS. 

As you say, I said he looks like he doesn't want to be there. I don't know what's actually going on between his ears, so I can't say he's not trying.
But by saying "If I was being paid a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year for no discernible effort, I'd be very happy" you are, IMO, implying that this is what Kosi IS doing.

Further more you are implying he IS aware of it.

Otherwise why would you add that comment?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Has he? I have been to more training sessions than you've had roast dinners in the past six years, and number 23 always looks like he doesn't want to be there.
So now BS is questioning the wisdom of two head coaches, numerous assistant coaches, and two boards who have all kept a "non interested"player at the club.

Bernard Shakey wrote:I'm sick of everyone making excuses for a bloke who is just not up to it.
And by the sounds of it most people on this thread are sick of your gutless cowardly pots shots at a player.

You go to training all the time (as you constantly tell us). How many time s have you faced up to kosi to tell him he is hopeless?

Have you the courage of your convictions in person, or are you just a coward behind a computer?
Bernard Shakey wrote: If I was being paid a couple of hundred thousand bucks a year for no discernible effort, I'd be very happy.
No discernible effort, doesn't want to be there. Both your quotes, then you have the nerve to say
Bernard Shakey wrote:I'm not saying Kosi is not trying
incredibly pathetic and gutless :roll:
Bernard Shakey wrote:It's time to give him a few games at Sandy to see what he can do.
regardless of how you back away from this at a million miles an hour, you have been shown for the coward and piece of excretia that you are.

Wow you get to training :roll: . Most of us have to work. Whats your excuse?

Now go and face kosi and tell him how brave you are slagging him on an internet forum.

Coward.
Well aren't you a hero and a very violent one at that.
I post an opinion that you don't agree with and all you can come up with is go and face him and tell him. I have spoken to Kosi many times, but why would I want to add to his problems. Told him a couple of years ago that I'd backed him for the Coleman. He suggested that was a bad move.

This is a footy forum where people exchange thoughts, ideas and opinions. If you don't like my posts just ignore them. I'm not going to praise all Saints players just because they are Saints players.

Oh, by the way I have spent over 40 years in the work force and am now retired and spend my time with my family and my footy club, not that it's any business of yours.