Jack Steven

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noreason41
Club Player

Jack Steven

Anyone else still think he's out of his depth?

With Lenny gone and Montagna missing for most of the Collingwood game, he's stepped up amazingly.
Almost overnight.

Wins clearances, kicks goals, tackles and breaks lines...

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

When I saw this kid, I knew he was going to be the goods! Watch this space, he's got all the makings of a star.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Milne
Club Player

Not a future superstar of the game but it's been him and armo who have stepped up this season. Gives me confidence for the future.

baf
Club Player

lets keep getting games into theses kids . its the way to go

saintbob
SS Life Member

Going very, very well.....

What a pity it took RL so long to play this kid preferring muppets like Eddy and Mini!!

noreason41
Club Player

Milne wrote:Not a future superstar of the game but it's been him and armo who have stepped up this season. Gives me confidence for the future.
Why not?
He's 21, he's started getting a typical midfielders possessions, winning clearances and kicks goals regularly.
What's stopping him?

Bardon Saint
Club Player

He is a gun. He and ledger (at this stage) will be the stars of our midfield in the future. Am hoping armo can get first use of the ball to these guys and that at least one more youngin' can come through. Crocker or a draft pick in future years.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

I was about to scold.

I thought you said does anyone think he is out of his depth....

:oops:

:wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is coming along nicely...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Played well again IMO....BUT falls over at crucial times way to often.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbob wrote:Going very, very well.....

What a pity it took RL so long to play this kid preferring muppets like Eddy and Mini!!
Ever think it's because Ross took the time to let him develop that he's now doing so well?

Cripps, Winmar, Siposs, Ledger etc all show potential but they are just kids and will only be able to give little glimpses of their potential until they've had a few of pre seasons.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To slow still.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Other than the fact that he can't mark, kick to a teammate or run, he's a gun. I saw more in Tom Ledger in one quarter than I've seen from Jack Steven in four years.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Other than the fact that he can't mark, kick to a teammate or run, he's a gun. I saw more in Tom Ledger in one quarter than I've seen from Jack Steven in four years.
23 disposals says he can find it, 13 contested possessions says he can put his head over it, 6 clearances says he can get through traffic.

However yes, he needs to work on his kicking efficiency.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Other than the fact that he can't mark, kick to a teammate or run, he's a gun. I saw more in Tom Ledger in one quarter than I've seen from Jack Steven in four years.
And that proves why you actually have no idea. See you later. Please quit this forum again.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

You're trying to be sarcastic like Plugger, aren't you. The game is up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

You're trying to be sarcastic like Plugger, aren't you
No he actually doesnt have a clue unlike myself who hasnt many clues.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

I have number 3 on the back of my 2011 guernsey....he is a gem!!

Sainter for life.
saintbob
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Ever think it's because Ross took the time to let him develop that he's now doing so well?

Cripps, Winmar, Siposs, Ledger etc all show potential but they are just kids and will only be able to give little glimpses of their potential until they've had a few of pre seasons.
Surely you jest, RL has practically admitted that he showed faith in some players for far too long.
The real development comes when kids like Steven get given an extended crack at the elite level.
Armo has proven that this year, as will Sipposs and Ledger.

Saintersss
Club Player

saintbob wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Surely you jest, RL has practically admitted that he showed faith in some players for far too long.
The real development comes when kids like Steven get given an extended crack at the elite level.
Armo has proven that this year, as will Sipposs and Ledger.
The bloke has had OP the past few years. Did you really want to rush him in and have another Luke Ball situation, where he can't run or kick in 6 years time.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The one massive positive to come out of tonight's game, was the performance of Jack. Get's in there and wins the bloody thing. Much prefer him in the guts than down in the fwd line.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand the criticism of him being slow, he seems one of our faster players and has got a pretty good tank too.

Nee!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

He's getting there.

Best inside mid on the night (not saying much).

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
stinger
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:I don't understand the criticism of him being slow, he seems one of our faster players and has got a pretty good tank too.

it's only one poster who says he is slow.....and he wouldn't know s*** from sugar..... :roll: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I was on the same plane as the saints coming home from Tasmania when we had just beaten Hawthorn after Jack Stevens first game. Jack ended up sitting next to me on the plane. I was pretty drunk and offerred him a beer, he refused it of course, but he was a nice guy and I really want him to do well and kick on and be the player we all know he can be!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss