Milne - heart and soul of this club

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Nothing to do with his playing ability I know, but I loved the way after the match he took the flag out of the package and ran over to the crowd waving it and then gave it to a kid in the crowd.

I just thought that was fantastic

I am easily amused I know but all the other players just hand the flags in the packaging to the kids (nothing wrong with this)

Buckets
SS Life Member

Re: Milne - heart and soul of this club

Solar wrote:Can't help but love how milne is carrying himself and helping this team and club.

He is so passionate, seems to be really embracing the young players and being the glue of this team.

Is he the most under rated saint?

It said it all when in the last term he had broken the tackle and had the opportunity to kick the goal he gave it off to ledger and his arms went up in celebration before the goal had been kicked! Milney has been very underrated this year!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Had an interesting group I sat with last night - a Pie, a Lion and a Tiger.

Every one of them cannot stand Milney (but none would use audible derogatory comments) but each one would love to have him in their team, if he'd started with them, but not now with his "reputation".

And each seemed to have the perception that Milney can really rip their team apart.

When I rattled off a few stats about Milney and the fact that he butters up to the uncalled-for abuse every week, and that his little bloke turns up week in week out with Go Dad painted on his face hearing the abuse his dad cops, they saw a different side of him.

Or they just wanted me to STFU about my love for Milney... :lol: 8-)

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Milne is a shining light of the stkilda football club.

The guy has a will of titanium with the s*** he has to cop all the time.

Kicked and kicked and kickd again in the guts and just fights on endlessly. You have to admire that quality to never let anything break you.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

A very good player for a long-time. Incredible spirit. Much more consistent than he ever was since 2008. Although only in 2009 could I ever say that he has done enough defensively. Still an incredibly potent footballer who would be one of the best blokes at the club in making sure that there are always smiles about.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Fav player, hope he can go for a few more years yet! Always gives a thumbs up, claps and has the biggest smile when he runs towards the CS before the first bounce.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
roskilde
SS Hall of Fame

has been my favourite player since gehrig retired. our only magical attacking player. To see him rally around Ledger last night, he understands the gravity of the situation. Special moment! He's really been trying to step up and take a bigger leadership role this season. All the best to the best small forward of a generation and probably beyond.

This was my father's belief
And this is also mine:
Let the corn be all one sheaf--
And the grapes be all one vine,
Ere our children's teeth are set on edge
By bitter bread and wine.
asaint
Club Player

For the 2nd year running,he is bursting his gut and trying to drag the team along with him. Love him.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

The only thing i dislike about Milney , : :shock: is the way he gets shafted by the umpires each week !!! :wink:
I've probably watched live around 150 of his games and im amazed by the fact when he has the ball opponents barely have to touch , to get a holding the ball decision ( ablett judd & co get 10 seconds or more )
Being small gets allot of head high contract yet rarely gets a free , and whilst the media love to point out if he stages for a free , barely mention players like swan johnson selwood who have perfected the art of knee drop to draw the head high or in the back free !!!!!
Last night is was great to see him really happy , this can be infectious in drawing out the confidence of the team , If where confident we can beat anybody anytime ! I hope his happiness was in regard to chapter of his life being closed for good .