raph bashers-shame on you

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

asaint
Club Player

raph bashers-shame on you

Disgusted at some of our fans and the abuse they yelled at Raph. No good comes from this. They should go barrack for Essendon,we don't want them.

georgie girl
Club Player

Re: raph bashers-shame on you

asaint wrote:Disgusted at some of our fans and the abuse they yelled at Raph. No good comes from this. They should go barrack for Essendon,we don't want them.
+1

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Yeah , told a guy last to support him ,not bag him ! thought he was rock solid last night , efficiency was over 80% last night yet allot of others continually turned the ball over , and this clown behind me bemoaned his every disposal.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

asaint wrote:Disgusted at some of our fans and the abuse they yelled at Raph. No good comes from this. They should go barrack for Essendon,we don't want them.
They won't want to. Essendon has lots of Indigenous players.

Racist scumbags........

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Totally agree.

He is undeserving of the vitriol he cops from those supporters in desperate need of having someone as a whipping boy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:

Racist scumbags........
The people I hear bagging Raph certainly dont sound racist to me, they just think he cant play. We have just as many Kosi threads and he aint aboriginal.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Raph can do some good things, but sometimes tries to do a bit too much. I think he just needs to relax a bit more, and be prepared to take the simpler, safer option. Too many times he passed up an opportunity for a pass, and ended up just bombing it to a contest down the line.

The Saints are coming!
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

I don't think he should be in the senior team, but I don't bash him. I think there's a difference between bashing, and criticising. It seems like Raph is the favourite whipping boy of a lot of 'supporters'.

St Lenny
Club Player

To me Raph's biggest problem is his decison making, to slow. He has good skills though when not under the pump. People see this and it frustrates the billio out of them. He made his usual shockers the other night that ended up as goals for the oppo. This is Raphs what, 8th year, not good enough, he has been given PLENTY of opportunity.

However, having said that, there is a time and a place and screaming abuse at the footy is not on in my book.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He made his usual shockers the other night that ended up as goals for the oppo.

What makes him different to Dawson and Gilbert then?

St Lenny
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:He made his usual shockers the other night that ended up as goals for the oppo.

What makes him different to Dawson and Gilbert then?
He hes had 8 yrs with us, they havn't.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:To me Raph's biggest problem is his decison making, to slow. He has good skills though when not under the pump. People see this and it frustrates the billio out of them.
This is correct generally, from what I've found. The racist card is a bit of a cheap shot (unless you hear the words pouring out of their mouths). I don't necessarily agree with the rest of St Lenny's assessment, but I know what he/she is getting at...I just don't agree Raph's mistakes are any less significant than Gilbert's, Gram's or Goddard's in the defensive 50. However, these guys have the added benefit of another side to their game that Raph doesn't seem to have.

Happy to see Raph in the team next week.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

We should never bag never bag our players out loud at a match. Saintsational is here to help serve that purpose :lol:

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:

Racist scumbags........
The people I hear bagging Raph certainly dont sound racist to me, they just think he cant play. We have just as many Kosi threads and he aint aboriginal.
QFT

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!