To that lady

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Been in the Cheer Squad since i was a young boy, time for me to leave after this year. So much bitching and idiotic things go on. Got people yelling across seats during the game to get something to someone among other stuff. It always seems that we get touched by the opposition and it's a free kick. Frustrating to listen to this. Also surrounded by passionate but not overly bright people. In saying all that alot of them give their hard time to make the CS happpen and should be commended. Didnt really know what happened but i saw people going off at some lady a few aisles away.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Also surrounded by passionate but not overly bright people.
Glad you said it first. Passionate? Absolutely. And there's probably even some academic types in there for all I know...

But, *sigh*, you can't say the real reasons without being un-PC.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

All grounds should have a cone of silence which shields the players and umpires from crowd noise. Cheer squads and supporters can still make all the noise that they like but it won't affect the players or umpires - a true coned-level playing field. It's only fair. Individual supporters can arrange to have their own cone of silence if they wish. I have booked ICS-1.

I admire the CS and thank them for their work - it's a good part of our game. Clearly, some CSs are more "passionate" than others, but we are all a bit nuts in our own unique way. I've been a Saints supporter for over fifty years!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm a CS member who sits in the aisle 18/19 area of level one and I could hear the CS loud and clear!!! (we made a wee bit of noise ourselves too during the game :wink: :lol: :lol: ) My answer to that "lady" is "if you're not happy with the CS then JOIN and do a bit to change it" otherwise shut up! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
noddy04
Club Player

Personally I take my hat off to the people in the CS. Although not a huge number come to AAMI (at their own expense) they are always friendly and really do try to get the Saints people around them involved. I think all the knockers who seem to enjoy extracting the urine from the hard working guys and gals should maybe volunteer some of their time to support them. They all (the cs) meet weekly at their own expense to make banners etc so instead of knocking them give them some encouragement for a change

saint58
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
saintbrat wrote:why don't the " group of 15" someone mentioned move to another section of the ground and help make the noise 'surround' sound.
the best way to make noise expand is to have it reverberating around the ground- with many making an effort
How about a "Rebel Cheer Squad" like Hawthorn had in the 80's or 90's?
maybe the Docks squad- and make a spot near Victory room- or the Locker squad - near gate 1

'Grog' will not be acceptable, Rebel has connotations of being against - and I would hope they would be looking to work with the club and other supporters.

BRING BACK THE ANIMIAL ENCLOSURE FROM 80/90 MORRABBIN!!!!!!!!!!!They were feared by the opositon supporters and loved by ours!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
saintbrat wrote:why don't the " group of 15" someone mentioned move to another section of the ground and help make the noise 'surround' sound.
the best way to make noise expand is to have it reverberating around the ground- with many making an effort
How about a "Rebel Cheer Squad" like Hawthorn had in the 80's or 90's?
maybe the Docks squad- and make a spot near Victory room- or the Locker squad - near gate 1

'Grog' will not be acceptable, Rebel has connotations of being against - and I would hope they would be looking to work with the club and other supporters.

BRING BACK THE ANIMIAL ENCLOSURE FROM 80/90 MORRABBIN!!!!!!!!!!!They were feared by the opositon supporters and loved by ours!
YES! I loved the Animal Enclosure. The "C'mon the Saints" guy was legendary stuff. Sometimes I still see old members of that clan. They have incredibly loud voices and can yell out some crude, yet quite witty oneliners.

I remember after the re-location to Waverly, some of the younger members would stand up at the back fence of the unshettled bay on the outter wing area. They looked pretty threatening haha... That same group of hooligans can be seen occaisionally at Docklands around Row 35. Maybe members of that group sometimes post here. I suspect one of them is posting on here. Will not mention any names though.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: To that lady

saintdooley wrote:'That lady' who was more like some sort of an animal who came to the front of the cheer squad bay in the 4th quarter to abuse us and tell us that she couldn’t hear us or see us etc. She sure could dish it out and call us ever name under the sun, abuse defenceless old ladies who do nothing but live for the club, well done you filthy cow.
Maybe it was Kosi's mum and she's been reading what you've been posting about her son!

All aboard the Karma bus!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
saintdooley wrote:'That lady' who was more like some sort of an animal who came to the front of the cheer squad bay in the 4th quarter to abuse us and tell us that she couldn’t hear us or see us etc. She sure could dish it out and call us ever name under the sun, abuse defenceless old ladies who do nothing but live for the club, well done you filthy cow.
Maybe it was Kosi's mum and she's been reading what you've been posting about her son!

maybe, but jeez... stay on task! saint58 brought up the animal enclosure. let's talk about the animal enclosure :idea:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:

no, if it was Kosi's mum instead of walking down to the front of the cheer squad she would of tripped on the first step, rolled all the way down and crashed open th gate/fence and falled onto the ground, then attempting to stand up she would of fainted. remind you of anyone?

this lady did not faint or trip, no relation to kosi as far as i saw.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:this lady did not faint or trip, no relation to kosi as far as i saw.
Brutal!

ALEX.CATCHME.OO

[quote="Mr Magic"][quote="stkildathunda"][quote="noreason41"]From the wing, i could hear it...towards the end of the 3rd quarter.[/quote]

Sure you werent mistaken for the group of about 15 that were making noise behind the cheersquad???

Serious question though. Why didnt the cheersquad join in with this group whenever they started chanting and cheering? The CS just sat there with dumb looks on their faces. Is it arrogance that they dont want another group to start chants or something?[/quote]

Was that group waering orange hats?[/quote]

Thought you had more class than that, Mr Magic. Poor form.

ALEX.CATCHME.OO

[quote="Dr Spaceman"][quote="stkildathunda"][quote="Mr Magic"][quote="stkildathunda"][quote="noreason41"]From the wing, i could hear it...towards the end of the 3rd quarter.[/quote]

Sure you werent mistaken for the group of about 15 that were making noise behind the cheersquad???

Serious question though. Why didnt the cheersquad join in with this group whenever they started chanting and cheering? The CS just sat there with dumb looks on their faces. Is it arrogance that they dont want another group to start chants or something?[/quote]

Was that group waering orange hats?[/quote]

Nope no orange caps that i saw, arent they on level 3...[/quote]
But was "that lady" wearing an orange hat  :wink:[/quote]

Hedging your bets, Mr Houseman?

ALEX.CATCHME.OO

Still can't move on, can you guys?

You actually are looking and sounding like babies.

The other page doesn't even mention you people, they focus on footy and St Kilda.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

saintdooley wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

no, if it was Kosi's mum instead of walking down to the front of the cheer squad she would of tripped on the first step, rolled all the way down and crashed open th gate/fence and falled onto the ground, then attempting to stand up she would of fainted. remind you of anyone?

The cheer squad stayed right through the rant. They didn't leave when the going got tough. It couldn't have been our cheer squad.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ALEX.CATCHME.OO wrote:Still can't move on, can you guys?

The other page doesn't even mention you people, they focus on footy and St Kilda.
So you don't even enjoy ironical humour over on saintsfooty facebook?

Are you the 'designated spy' who has to report back all mentions of your site?

Did you report back on the 'interesting revelations' about the Sponsorship Prize that seemed to not be raffled off?

Or do you only report back those comments that do not raise any questions about the administration and/or running of the site?

I was a solid supporter of your admin when he was active on here, but I have 'concerns' about any site that doesn't appear to accept criticism of any sort.
So I don't join it.

And yet you feel comfortable coming on here posting criticism of this forum, whilst at the same time not allowing any negative posts on your own?

You doin't find that a tad hypocritical?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:

So you don't even enjoy ironical humour over on saintsfooty facebook?

Are you the 'designated spy' who has to report back all mentions of your site?

Did you report back on the 'interesting revelations' about the Sponsorship Prize that seemed to not be raffled off?

Or do you only report back those comments that do not raise any questions about the administration and/or running of the site?

I was a solid supporter of your admin when he was active on here, but I have 'concerns' about any site that doesn't appear to accept criticism of any sort.
So I don't join it.

And yet you feel comfortable coming on here posting criticism of this forum, whilst at the same time not allowing any negative posts on your own?

You doin't find that a tad hypocritical?
And also attempting to reveal a poster's ID over a comment about an orange hat!

I'm sure that's against forum rules and the appropriate complaint will be lodged.

It seems you're the one who can't get over things AC!

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Seems like your the one that cant move on. Technically we havent mentioned the name of his page at all. Why do you care so much? Are you his little miss piggy or something or are you infact Andrew?? Im 100% certain if he or anyone on there wanted to talk about SS or TS we really couldnt give a rats tossbag about it.

You've posted on here 17 times and 99.99% of those are about that orange page ;) Doesnt seem like your too focused on the footy or StKilda, so why do you even come on here? Its clearly not to talk football, is it just to spy on what others say about your precious little page is it?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

My challenge to you is to identify yourself to Kosi and the club and tell the man face to face what you are saying about him and his family on here. It is well known that Kosi has a brother who has had life long health issues and your comments are not only extremely insensative, they should see your membership of the Cheersquad & the club cancelled !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:

Well, there is one known fact among all this speculation...She was not a member of the cheer squad because you saw and heard her!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dools, those comments are really bad :?

Have some class, please.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that's only because twits like you are on here annoying the true supporters......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

maybe it's because the "Lets Go Sainters, Lets Go" chant makes me squirm every time it's chanted, I tend to hear the cheersquad a lot

Whatever happened to the wide array of interesting and decidedly less gay chants and calls from the late 70s and 80s cheersquads?