Milney and Schnadzo seem to be escaping criticism.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clisaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
clisaint wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:
clisaint wrote:A 'big game' is a game against a top of the ladder side which we go into with at least some chance of an upset. Geelong's most important player was out, they lost another key player early. Milne and Schneids failed yet again.

Another big game- the last three grand finals. They're both serial offenders when it comes to choking in big games.

how many small fwds have had great grand finals??
How many small forwards have fluffed as many 'gettable' shots at goal at crucial moments in multiple grand finals / not gone when they should to kick the match winning goal?

It's not about dominating the match, it's about making the most of your opportunities- which the subjects have both failed to do.
So what would you do with Milne?
That's the question, isn't it? Very tough call. Are his cards marked? Can he be a realistic part of our next premiership tilt? I don't pretend to know the answer. Maybe some time to reflect would do him good.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
clisaint wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:
clisaint wrote:A 'big game' is a game against a top of the ladder side which we go into with at least some chance of an upset. Geelong's most important player was out, they lost another key player early. Milne and Schneids failed yet again.

Another big game- the last three grand finals. They're both serial offenders when it comes to choking in big games.

How many small forwards have fluffed as many 'gettable' shots at goal at crucial moments in multiple grand finals / not gone when they should to kick the match winning goal?

It's not about dominating the match, it's about making the most of your opportunities- which the subjects have both failed to do.
That's the question, isn't it? Very tough call. Are his cards marked? Can he be a realistic part of our next premiership tilt? I don't pretend to know the answer. Maybe some time to reflect would do him good.
If we are dropping guys because they may not be part of the next preimership side then we may end up with no players. Milney has had a good year and certainly deserves his spot. And last night he was far from the only forward stuggling. The question is are the forwards stuggling because of their form or because of the way we play.

mcadam05
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
clisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
clisaint wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:

If we are dropping guys because they may not be part of the next preimership side then we may end up with no players. Milney has had a good year and certainly deserves his spot. And last night he was far from the only forward stuggling. The question is are the forwards stuggling because of their form or because of the way we play.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so could it be that the ball droping short or going over the forwards head like it did 90% of the time last night was the reason we lost hmmmmmmmmmm so if that is the case Milne had nothing too do with the lost and this post is quite pointless :roll:

so its not just collingwood fans who hate Milne it seems like a fair few of St Kilda fans dont think much of him either what a sad state we are in

he is one of the BEST forwards this club has ever had

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
clisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
clisaint wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so could it be that the ball droping short or going over the forwards head like it did 90% of the time last night was the reason we lost hmmmmmmmmmm so if that is the case Milne had nothing too do with the lost and this post is quite pointless :roll:

so its not just collingwood fans who hate Milne it seems like a fair few of St Kilda fans dont think much of him either what a sad state we are in

he is one of the BEST forwards this club has ever had
You are agreeing with me but say my post is pointless. Dont get that.

mcadam05
Club Player

Blaming Milne and Schneider is pointless not your post

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

2 of our best this season ...strange thread :/

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

LaUrEnCe wrote:2 of our best this season ...strange thread :/
Milne has been one of our best this year. To my eyes, Schneider has looked slow, unfit and disengaged.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Both were woefullast night.Invisible.

Schneider is a fav of mine but hes been ordinary for way to long.

Id spell him. Ledger in.

“Yeah….nah””
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think every game is a big game.

It is, after all, an elite competition.

Milne is doing what he always does - see stats - and is still a valuable piece of our machinery.

On the Australian cricket selector logic shown by many on this site West Coast would be dropping Embley, Cox and Kerr.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

There's an interesting stat...
VFL/AFL:11111th player to appear
He has something about consecutive numbers.

They walk amongst us...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Who was on Schneider?

13 possessions, 12 uncontested, no scores, no assists....and a ridiculously long run up.

Milne I'm not too surprised, I've said before that Hunt traditionally does pretty well on him. I think that's because he is one of the only true small defenders left and Milne does better when he can run rings around someone who is a mismatch in size.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I cant be bothered looking at stats. But for whatever reason Milney and Schneids play poorly in big games and especially against the Cats. Not sure why people want to deny it.