Kosi 2 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:Yes, terrible tackle, could have led to lifelong injuries for Duncan.

A bit like the lifelong injuries Kosi received in 2006. Plugger66, can you please remind me how many weeks Gia got for that hit?

It's a crap decision. Kosi, of all people, should brief a barrister and threaten blow the whole crappy system wide open.
So we are now going to the Gia incident to talk about Kosi's tackle. That should work well if we take that to the tribunal. Thought you may be better than that.
All he asked was how many week did Gia get for fracturing Kosi's skull?

He did not ask to take that to the tribunal, but how many week a guy jumping and headbutting Kosi (and dont say that didn't happen, i was 20 metres from the incident with bigred and barks4eva), it was Gia's head that smashed into Kosi, so it was a headbutt.

Kosi was obviously hit high more than five metres off the ball and suffered a life threatening injury (or is a fracture skull no big deal?).

the AFL has let go Kosi's fractured skull, Lenny's broken arm (when A Scott threw him into a advertising board over the boundary line when the play had stopped, Riewoldt being attacked by rabid Lions players when he had a broken shoulder.

Name how many weeks ANY of these players got for these actions resulting in serious broken bones?

But a tackle is laid, the Geelong players shoulder hits the ground (and like Kosi his head then bounces), all the while holding the ball.

So from now on should a player touch an opposing players and say tag?

So answer the original question and then answer mine.

Then tell us why these incidents resulted in no penalty.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ace
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
SainterK wrote:If he goes for that, Corey goes for his.

I haven't watched the replay yet, but did the players still have possession of the ball?

Because, to my memory, Trengove carried out the tackle even after the guy had long disposed of the ball?
Both still had possession of the ball.
The tackles were different.
Kosi's tackle caused shoulder impact first with the head's momentum then jerking into the ground - this can and did cause concussion.
Corey's tackle up ended Armitage causing Armitage to land head first - yes that is what they call a spear tackle in rugby - this is less likely to cause concussion but can easily cause neck damage.

Both may be able to claim that they had no other means of competing for the ball as the ball was not released.
But based on the Trengove decision, I think they both will go.
Kosi will go for longer.

I look forward to Demetriou trying to explain why a tackle that can cause concussion is more severely penalised than a tackle that can cause neck injury.
He will try to say it is how the formula works BUT we all know he is responsible for the formula.
And we all know he is incompetent.
As I predicted elsewhere Demetriou's formula punishes a tackle that can cause concussion more harshly than a spear tackle that can cause a neck injury.
The spear tackler can accept a reprimand whereas the concussion tackle gets 2 or 3 weeks depending if it is contested.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:Yes, terrible tackle, could have led to lifelong injuries for Duncan.

A bit like the lifelong injuries Kosi received in 2006. Plugger66, can you please remind me how many weeks Gia got for that hit?

It's a crap decision. Kosi, of all people, should brief a barrister and threaten blow the whole crappy system wide open.
So we are now going to the Gia incident to talk about Kosi's tackle. That should work well if we take that to the tribunal. Thought you may be better than that.
All he asked was how many week did Gia get for fracturing Kosi's skull?

He did not ask to take that to the tribunal, but how many week a guy jumping and headbutting Kosi (and dont say that didn't happen, i was 20 metres from the incident with bigred and barks4eva), it was Gia's head that smashed into Kosi, so it was a headbutt.

Kosi was obviously hit high more than five metres off the ball and suffered a life threatening injury (or is a fracture skull no big deal?).

the AFL has let go Kosi's fractured skull, Lenny's broken arm (when A Scott threw him into a advertising board over the boundary line when the play had stopped, Riewoldt being attacked by rabid Lions players when he had a broken shoulder.

Name how many weeks ANY of these players got for these actions resulting in serious broken bones?

But a tackle is laid, the Geelong players shoulder hits the ground (and like Kosi his head then bounces), all the while holding the ball.

So from now on should a player touch an opposing players and say tag?

So answer the original question and then answer mine.

Then tell us why these incidents resulted in no penalty.
Go Joffa! :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Kosi and Bakes are the the trend setters for the AFL-
yet another one that changed AFTER the fact.

can we add this to their resumes.... they impacted the AFL for all time.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

When it comes down to it, it looks like this:

Kosi: negligent conduct (one point)
Corey: negligent conduct (one point)

Kosi: medium impact (two points) -due to medical report
Corey: low impact (one point) - due to Steven being uninjured & played on

Kosi: high contact (two points)
Corey: high contact (two points)

TOTALS
Kosi: Five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction.
Corey: Four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction.

Kosi has an existing poor record of five matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 50 per cent to 337.50 points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 253.13 points and a two-match sanction.

Corey has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

Only difference before pleas and bad records is the impact and due to Duncan being concussed/groggy is why Kosi is weighted more... If Kosi had a good record would be reduced to 1 week with early plea, which im sure most would accept..

We cant really criticize the MRP for the finding when you break it down because 1 reason and 1 reason only has got Kosi a extra week and thats his suspension from last year when he cleaned up a bloke.....

The fact Corey has a good record has saved him a 1 week suspension and Kosi's has cost him 1 week.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Does the bye count as a week for Kosi?

mordi
Club Player

Can someone with a legal eye answer me this. Is the point of the rule to stop "high contact" by the offender on the other player. I don't understand when the rule changed to the other player hits his head on something else eg the ground, another player, goal post.

What does the rule define "high contact" as?

What's the Point of it All?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Does the bye count as a week for Kosi?
no
roos and port - he wont have to travel.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:When it comes down to it, it looks like this:

TOTALS
Kosi: Five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction.
Corey: Four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction.

Kosi has an existing poor record of five matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 50 per cent to 337.50 points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 253.13 points and a two-match sanction.

Corey has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

Only difference before pleas and bad records is the impact and due to Duncan being concussed/groggy is why Kosi is weighted more... If Kosi had a good record would be reduced to 1 week with early plea, which im sure most would accept..

We cant really criticize the MRP for the finding when you break it down because 1 reason and 1 reason only has got Kosi a extra week and thats his suspension from last year when he cleaned up a bloke.....

The fact Corey has a good record has saved him a 1 week suspension and Kosi's has cost him 1 week.
I've just watched replays of both and tbh, I think Corey's action was much more dangerous than Kozi's.

Why would Kozi be assessed as High contact when he undoubtedly tackled his shoulder into the ground? Surely that is 'body contact' and not 'high'?
Corey slams Steven head first into the ground.

If I punch a player in the stomach and he collapses onto the ground head first, is that 'high contact' or 'body contact'?

On the face of this ruling I would be challenging it based on the following:-
It's not illegal
It's body contact not high
It's low impact not medium.

What's he got to lose - another week?

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

What a joke. What is this game coming to???? Oh and in advance...plugger66..shut the hell up!

Where can I get video footage of this. Yes I have seen it, but where can I see it? Thanks.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:When it comes down to it, it looks like this:

TOTALS

I've just watched replays of both and tbh, I think Corey's action was much more dangerous than Kozi's.

Why would Kozi be assessed as High contact when he undoubtedly tackled his shoulder into the ground? Surely that is 'body contact' and not 'high'?
Corey slams Steven head first into the ground.

If I punch a player in the stomach and he collapses onto the ground head first, is that 'high contact' or 'body contact'?

On the face of this ruling I would be challenging it based on the following:-
It's not illegal
It's body contact not high
It's low impact not medium.

What's he got to lose - another week?
Will be interesting to see if Geelong contest the grading of the high contact. And yea id be argueing it was low impact and not medium impact. But will he still cop 2 weeks with the loading of priors, not sure it will be enough to get it down 1 week or not.

Edit: also wonder if Sydney will challenge Mumfords tackle as that was the exact same as Kosi's, just really unlucky the bloke was knocked out...

ando051
Club Player

No Chance!

So can he play for Sandy?

The only way to get the penalty reduced is to get the impact down to low. That would be a huge risk. Duncan continued to play ( means he passed the concussion test). What is the difference because Jack Steven has a harder head and didn't wobble as much as Duncan, no injury occurred to either player.

I don't think a wobble is a medical problem. :lol:

mordi
Club Player

So does every legitimate act ( tackle, mark etc ) that sees a player get accidental bump on head, mean you get suspended? Very confused? AFL confusing outcomes with actions....

What's the Point of it All?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:What a joke. What is this game coming to???? Oh and in advance...plugger66..shut the hell up!

Where can I get video footage of this. Yes I have seen it, but where can I see it? Thanks.
http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/co ... fault.aspx

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Generally, if a players attempts to bump another player, and collects their shoulder first and brushes up toward, and makes head high contact, the incident is thrown out as initial contact was on the shouder...

Is this not the same situation as Kosi's, as initial contact was clearly on the side/shoulder, and the head hit on the turf was a secondary, unintentional result??...

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

ando051 wrote:
No Chance!

So can he play for Sandy?

The only way to get the penalty reduced is to get the impact down to low. That would be a huge risk. Duncan continued to play ( means he passed the concussion test). What is the difference because Jack Steven has a harder head and didn't wobble as much as Duncan, no injury occurred to either player.

I don't think a wobble is a medical problem. :lol:
No cant play football anywhere...

Duncan injury has not been looked into which i think is a disgrace.. All reports after the game say he had concussion and now a medical report kills Kosi and a chance at a reprimand... If he was concussed he should never have taken any further part in the game... Hope the AFL looks into this.. i watched the replay today and he was clearly dazed and confused...

jays
Club Player

lol what crap

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Yep the game is so soft. Yes he could have bumped him but not in the head or he could have tackled him but not slung him.
So just grab him, and stand there holding him?

Is that the rule now?

God I hope not. Seriously.

I actually thought Kosi showed as much care as he could by dropping his knees as he made the tackle to reduce the chance of the blokes head hitting the ground.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Nothing will change so all we can do, which is what we always do, just bend over, touch the toes and unclentch! :shock:
Yes, the key is to relax. The AFL should be done with it and ban tackling and bumping all together - too much risk of a head injury and contentious suspensions. Shepherding and blocking also presents huge risks to the noggin. In fact, standing the mark can also result in a Sherrin being planted straight in the Chevy Chase and result in injuries including a broken nose and constant headaches. The basketball style steal should be the new defensive weapon for AFL teams. The AFL has a responsibility to do everything in it's power to stop head injuries, including banning Kosi from high fiving his team mates.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:Nothing will change so all we can do, which is what we always do, just bend over, touch the toes and unclentch! :shock:
Yes, the key is to relax. The AFL should be done with it and ban tackling and bumping all together - too much risk of a head injury and contentious suspensions. Shepherding and blocking also presents huge risks to the noggin. In fact, standing the mark can also result in a Sherrin being planted straight in the Chevy Chase and result in injuries including a broken nose and constant headaches. The basketball style steal should be the new defensive weapon for AFL teams. The AFL has a responsibility to do everything in it's power to stop head injuries, including banning Kosi from high fiving his team mates.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Solar wrote:Joke, Im over it.

Perfect tackle thrown onto his side (shoulder).

So you get more weeks for doing the team thing but only one for punching players either in their groin or in their head.

The AFL can go screw themselves. I can't be stuffed caring anymore.
Read the rule book.

It wasn't the perfect tackle.

bulls***. Never played a game I take it. Did everything your taught to do when tackling. Wrapped his arms around Duncan, then dropped and rolled him. Dont give me this duty of care bulls***.

The player got high contact after he landed. It's illegal.
Last edited by CURLY on Mon 20 Jun 2011 8:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Kosi's was a tackle that took the player to the ground. Joel Corey's was a sling to the ground. The law was introduced to outlaw the second not the first, of which there seemed to be hundreds of examples on the weekend.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Solar, I agree....should challenge....I don't think there is a chance of more weeks.

Too much grey area, think they have a chance.
There is no grey area. If you choose to sling tackle and hurt the player you get reported. Everyone knows it. Challenge and you get more points and more whinging about how weak the game is. I suggest all those who think it is now a weak game go and talk to some players one day about the game.
Do you even know what the f*** your defending or just enjoy pissing people off. In what way is it a sling tackle? Both arms wrapped around him rolls to the ground in the one action. Cant believe our games come to this a legit fair tackle gets you two weeks.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

If you don't take the player to the ground they rarely pay holding the ball

and just watching highlights of Dogs/ crows game- - one of these tackles incldued- was anyone reported from that game?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

when will people realise plugger66 just delights in perverse antagonism? Its that simple., just ignore him.