Collingwood's Draw

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tess
Opposition Fan

Mr Magic wrote:Why are you banned from Nick's?
Do you wash and therefore unrecognizable/undesirable to them?
I clash with Joffa, so in order for Nicks to get Joffa back on board I was not allowed to reply to him in anyway shape or form ..... after being goaded in a thread by him I eventually replied and BANG ..... Banned!

Now unfortunately their mods feel they can't lift the ban without looking bad.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Why are you banned from Nick's?
Do you wash and therefore unrecognizable/undesirable to them?
I clash with Joffa, so in order for Nicks to get Joffa back on board I was not allowed to reply to him in anyway shape or form ..... after being goaded in a thread by him I eventually replied and BANG ..... Banned!

Now unfortunately their mods feel they can't lift the ban without looking bad.
Mr Magic's theory is far more entertaining :wink:

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Far be it for my first post here - let alone one as an American! - to be solutions orientated, but the perception that Collingwood run the AFL has to be challenged.

The AFL could easily schedule a 4 week period where Collingwood has to travel twice, to say Perth or Adelaide both times, in that time with a blockbuster game against Geelong or someone in that block. It may only be a gesture, and Collingwood may win those games, but since the perception is out there, I'm not sure why they don't at least address it.

Just a slight tweak to the conversation, do you think playing a long career at Etihad affects your career in a way playing at the MCG doesn't? The harder surface, does that impact your chances of a long and fruitful career?

(Be gentle, I'm new!)

Becca

saint tash
Club Player

Anyone would have thought we won the last 13 straight with the amount of new forum members. :shock:

Oh when the saints go charging in!
PaytonPlace
Club Player

saint tash wrote:Anyone would have thought we won the last 13 straight with the amount of new forum members. :shock:
If it helps, I tried to register in January but it didn't work!

Long time reader, first time poster etc etc....

Becca

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:
saint tash wrote:Anyone would have thought we won the last 13 straight with the amount of new forum members. :shock:

Becca
And benefit of the doubt must always apply.

Welcome aboard PP/Becca :wink:

noreason41
Club Player

Does the forum actually have admin anymore?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

french collingwood trolls, american collingwood trolls, aint we popular.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Grantaire
Opposition Fan

desertsaint wrote:french collingwood trolls, american collingwood trolls, aint we popular.
French Collingwood trolls?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Grantaire wrote:
desertsaint wrote:french collingwood trolls, american collingwood trolls, aint we popular.
French Collingwood trolls?
You must have a really rich and fulfilling life.

Your club has just won a flag, and yet you appear to get enjoyment out going on to an opposition forum to stir up trouble...

I assume you don't have much going for you... pathetic.

I bet your hand even knocks you back.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:Far be it for my first post here - let alone one as an American! - to be solutions orientated, but the perception that Collingwood run the AFL has to be challenged.

The AFL could easily schedule a 4 week period where Collingwood has to travel twice, to say Perth or Adelaide both times, in that time with a blockbuster game against Geelong or someone in that block. It may only be a gesture, and Collingwood may win those games, but since the perception is out there, I'm not sure why they don't at least address it.

Just a slight tweak to the conversation, do you think playing a long career at Etihad affects your career in a way playing at the MCG doesn't? The harder surface, does that impact your chances of a long and fruitful career?

(Be gentle, I'm new!)

Becca
Welcome Becca!
To address the perception, tha AFL would first have to admit that there is that perception.
That they point blank refuse to do.

As to the Etihad/MCG question.

There is no doubt that in its first years (maybe 6/7) there was a general 'perception' amongst players, coaches and officials that the surface at Etihad was much 'harder' than at other grounds and that it was adding to some specific type injuries.
To be honest I haven't heard much complaining about the 'hardness' of the surface over the past couple of years (or the shifting surface which so seemed to plague the stadium).

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Oh now I get it...you think the new members are Collingwood fans baiting...

Right, with you now.

No, I'm a St Kilda fan. Reason being: I'm originally from the city of Gretna across the river of New Orleans, and obviously a New Orleans Saints fan and thus support in any league across the world support any "Saints", and now I live in Australia...

Well you get the idea! If you think I'm a troll, well, the early 90s I probably had big hair like a troll doll!

Sorry for any confusion, hope you let me stay!

Becca

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:Far be it for my first post here - let alone one as an American! - to be solutions orientated, but the perception that Collingwood run the AFL has to be challenged.

(Be gentle, I'm new!)

Becca
Welcome Becca!
To address the perception, tha AFL would first have to admit that there is that perception.
That they point blank refuse to do.

As to the Etihad/MCG question.

There is no doubt that in its first years (maybe 6/7) there was a general 'perception' amongst players, coaches and officials that the surface at Etihad was much 'harder' than at other grounds and that it was adding to some specific type injuries.
To be honest I haven't heard much complaining about the 'hardness' of the surface over the past couple of years (or the shifting surface which so seemed to plague the stadium).
Thanks mate! Nice to be here!

Just on the first point, it seems to me as though (and again, American, so correct as needed!) what's lost with a million things adding up is a lack of excitement for "the game" in general. I don't feel as passionately about watching, say, an exciting game between two neutral teams as I did maybe 5-6 years ago.

I'm rusted on to the struggles of my team, but a million little frustrations have got to be this year and for the first time in a long time I've stopped watching neutral games. The Collingwood draw is part of that, it's palpably unfair - it's not as annoying to me as the crackdown on tackling, but you wonder if a tipping point is coming where fans frustration at the game will cause changes? I mean runners are getting banned now? Come on!

I feel quite strange about AFL at the moment - love the club, hate the game!

Becca

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:

Becca
And benefit of the doubt must always apply.

Welcome aboard PP/Becca :wink:
Thanks for that! Appreciated!

Becca

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:

Right, with you now.

No, I'm a St Kilda fan. Reason being: I'm originally from the city of Gretna across the river of New Orleans, and obviously a New Orleans Saints fan and thus support in any league across the world support any "Saints", and now I live in Australia...

Well you get the idea! If you think I'm a troll, well, the early 90s I probably had big hair like a troll doll!

Becca
"Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints"

:D

PaytonPlace
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:

Right, with you now.

Becca
"Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints"

:D
I had a Who Dat St Kilda version T-Shirt made for the Grand Final...

I also used to go to the Superdome back in the days when the fans would wear paper bags on their heads to hide that they supported New Orleans...

One thing about the New Orleans Saints, you didn't support them for a bandwagon! I've got my Superbowl as a fan, now I just crave a Premiership...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so we know its a pie troll
its been banned from its own forum because of the biggest collingwood muppet in the entire universe

and we allow her to post here

seriously you admin shouldve taken stingers offer to buy this joint
as much as we clash at least we wouldnt have a f****** pies member/supporter here
and we might not have had so many trolls

f****** unreal
must mean open season then

f*** the troll idiot off!

PaytonPlace
Club Player

matrix wrote:so we know its a pie troll
its been banned from its own forum because of the biggest collingwood muppet in the entire universe

and we allow her to post here

seriously you admin shouldve taken stingers offer to buy this joint
as much as we clash at least we wouldnt have a f****** pies member/supporter here
and we might not have had so many trolls

f****** unreal
must mean open season then

f*** the troll idiot off!
Erm...I can go if you want?

Dunno what I did wrong though?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

errrrrr

maybe you need to read the post
and the thread

welcome to the forum 8-)

PaytonPlace
Club Player

matrix wrote:errrrrr

maybe you need to read the post
and the thread

welcome to the forum 8-)
Thanks mate! I just saw "her" and thought I'd done something wrong!

Was worried!

Nice to be here, I might be American but have been here long enough to know I have too many teeth to be a Collingwood troll!

Becca

matrix
Saintsational Legend

all good
the pie troll has been about a while.....

lol at too many teeth

Tess
Opposition Fan

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 6089255267
Industry debate once raged over whether the date belonged to Melbourne given several "moderate" attendance figures since 2006 when the crowd was 78,733.

However, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire was yesterday fully supportive of his club, at no financial gain, continuing to play the Demons on the Monday public holiday.

"We want to do the right thing by helping Melbourne and maximising the benefits for the whole competition," McGuire said. "In fact, we've lobbied the AFL hard to maintain the game as Melbourne's home game."
Schwab acknowledged the generosity of Collingwood, allowing the Demons to retain home-team status where they keep the gate receipts.

He said the Melbourne-Collingwood fixture was by far his club's most profitable game of the season.

This year, the round-12 game reached blockbuster status by drawing 75,998, and will earn revenue for Melbourne of almost $630,000.

The game has gradually been building since 59,548 attended in 2008. The next season attracted 61,287 before 67,454 last year.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 6089255267
Industry debate once raged over whether the date belonged to Melbourne given several "moderate" attendance figures since 2006 when the crowd was 78,733.

However, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire was yesterday fully supportive of his club, at no financial gain, continuing to play the Demons on the Monday public holiday.

"We want to do the right thing by helping Melbourne and maximising the benefits for the whole competition," McGuire said. "In fact, we've lobbied the AFL hard to maintain the game as Melbourne's home game."
Schwab acknowledged the generosity of Collingwood, allowing the Demons to retain home-team status where they keep the gate receipts.

He said the Melbourne-Collingwood fixture was by far his club's most profitable game of the season.

This year, the round-12 game reached blockbuster status by drawing 75,998, and will earn revenue for Melbourne of almost $630,000.

The game has gradually been building since 59,548 attended in 2008. The next season attracted 61,287 before 67,454 last year.
So I gather down at the Remand Centre this is considered as travelling interstate?

Ajer
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Shame they have a very good playing list with a very good game plan.
I don't think anyone's denying that.
We Drew with them in a Grand Final.

Drew. Scores tied. Dead level.

I wonder, just wonder if had the fixturing been even remotely fair and even, could that have given us a 1 point advantage over Collingwood?

Infact, I don't wonder about it. I know the answer.
Wait, let me get this right. The Pies had a favourable draw in regular season so the drawn final should have gone to us?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Shame they have a very good playing list with a very good game plan.
I don't think anyone's denying that.
We Drew with them in a Grand Final.

Drew. Scores tied. Dead level.

I wonder, just wonder if had the fixturing been even remotely fair and even, could that have given us a 1 point advantage over Collingwood?

Infact, I don't wonder about it. I know the answer.
Wait, let me get this right. The Pies had a favourable draw in regular season so the drawn final should have gone to us?
Yes you did get it right, travelling interstate could have a cumulitive effect, therefore doing it twice as often as your opponent could become a disadvantage… even if less than 1%