Defensive BS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BonoRocks
Club Player

Defensive BS

Dear Ross.
All year we look like a rabble when we try to slow it up and chip it around and actually look ok when we play on and attack. Its what gets us in good positions, run with it, that last quarter is a crock of SH!T

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Did you hear his three quarter time speech?

BonoRocks
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Did you hear his three quarter time speech?
yeh good one, cause the players dont play to instruction.. He just goes out there at the breaks and shuffles names around the board doesnt speak to anyone.

SainterX
Club Player

There was a time a few years back we would DRILL teams into submission, now we just BORE them :P

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BonoRocks wrote:
yeh good one, cause the players dont play to instruction.. He just goes out there at the breaks and shuffles names around the board doesnt speak to anyone.
Could easily be lack of confidence. Do you think he said I dont want to score this quarter?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Come on, we won.

Week after the bye, guys were puffing.

Made sense, and it paid off in the end.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

People that don't think it is a tactic implied by Ross to shut games down need to get their heads out of the sand. Do you really think the players would consistently play against team rules by holding the ball up and kicking backwards. Not in todays game. Ross is a sound tactician and doubt that players would go against what he wants so often. Its not something like skills which are uncontrollable in the coaches box, its a game plan.

BonoRocks
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BonoRocks wrote:
Could easily be lack of confidence. Do you think he said I dont want to score this quarter?
they need to run to create space, not look backwards, like they did most of that quarter, they try to chip it around and eventually turn it over and most of the time ends in a shot on goal. go an have another look, pick almost any game all year not just the last quarter, when we play like that we look like rubish..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:People that don't think it is a tactic implied by Ross to shut games down need to get their heads out of the sand. Do you really think the players would consistently play against team rules by holding the ball up and kicking backwards. Not in todays game. Ross is a sound tactician and doubt that players would go against what he wants so often. Its not something like skills which are uncontrollable in the coaches box, its a game plan.
And people who think he said dont go forward have their head up their arse.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Would rather lose than play like that !

Would rather lose than play like that - the last quarter was disgraceful RL

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

would rather win anyway than lose.

But concur that was scarey :(

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Would rather lose than play like that !

WinnersOnly wrote:Would rather lose than play like that - the last quarter was disgraceful RL
Weird username then :shock:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:People that don't think it is a tactic implied by Ross to shut games down need to get their heads out of the sand. Do you really think the players would consistently play against team rules by holding the ball up and kicking backwards. Not in todays game. Ross is a sound tactician and doubt that players would go against what he wants so often. Its not something like skills which are uncontrollable in the coaches box, its a game plan.
Saints have played tempo footy under ross since he came to the Saints. Slowing the game down, chipping it around, keeping possession and not going forward at times is a tactic. Deal with simpleton.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints have played tempo footy under ross since he came to the Saints. Slowing the game down, chipping it around, keeping possession and not going forward at times is a tactic. Deal with simpleton.
I win. resorting to names. Who actually said we dont play tempo footy. My point is I reckon RL never said lets just play defensive footy. You should get to some games. It will help your knowledge.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The fact we had 4 extras behind the ball, tells us something.....you dont have to a genius to know that we attepted to stop them scoring.....and put less emphasis on scoring.....

But hey, plugger you know so much more than me.....so we should just believe that the player took it upon themselves to slow the game to a walk

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I win. resorting to names. Who actually said we dont play tempo footy. My point is I reckon RL never said lets just play defensive footy. You should get to some games. It will help your knowledge.
No I win because I wasn't playing a stupid game that who ever resorts to name calling losers a game.

There is coaches directions coming to players/the team throughout games by the runners and on the phone on the bench. I find it funny that you don't think that Ross directs players to slow the game down when they do. You aren't too sharp, mate.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The fact we had 4 extras behind the ball, tells us something.....you dont have to a genius to know that we attepted to stop them scoring.....and put less emphasis on scoring.....

But hey, plugger you know so much more than me.....so we should just believe that the player took it upon themselves to slow the game to a walk
This Plugger bloke is the dumbest poster on this forum. Easy to see it mate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The fact we had 4 extras behind the ball, tells us something.....you dont have to a genius to know that we attepted to stop them scoring.....and put less emphasis on scoring.....

I knew you would a negative. I was positive of that. Were you at the game?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I still don't know what is wrong with that though?

It was the week after the bye, players were puffing, they were winning in the middle (I'd say their mids got a scolding in the 3rd break)

We won.

If they choked their shots on goal, it was probably because of the high pressure game, which Saints helped create.

We won.

Oh, and we won. :wink:

noddy04
Club Player

WinnersOnly wrote:Would rather lose than play like that - the last quarter was disgraceful RL
WOW just WOW :oops:

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Were you at the game?
Why do you keep saying this crap. Seriously mate watching it on TV/going to the game, does not determine footy knowledge. Get real.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well that makes a lot of sense :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Were you at the game?
Why do you keep saying this crap. Seriously mate watching it on TV/going to the game, does that determine footy knowledge. Get real.
Well that sums up your footy knowledge. It is nil. How can someone say there were 4 extras behind the ball from watching TV. That is funny.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Were you at the game?
Why do you keep saying this crap. Seriously mate watching it on TV/going to the game, does that determine footy knowledge. Get real.
Well that sums up your footy knowledge. It is nil. How can someone say there were 4 extras behind the ball from watching TV. That is funny.
4 extras behind the ball? didn't say it so don't use crap to suit your argument. Shows how desperate you are and how much of an idiot you are coming across as. You make me laugh, fool.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

There were 2 bad choices in the last 1/4 - Armitage should not have passed, McEvoy should have taken a shot. Would have changed the way you are all seeing the game.