Ins/Outs for Rd 16 v Port

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
spert wrote:
spert wrote:Out: Gram, Polo (probably Roo after the MRP get a look at his incident)
In: McQ, Johnson, Raph
I meant Raph stays in..
We play 1 man short?
You've got 3 going out and only 2 coming in?
Yeah- so I failed maths!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
spert wrote:
spert wrote:Out: Gram, Polo (probably Roo after the MRP get a look at his incident)
In: McQ, Johnson, Raph
I meant Raph stays in..
We play 1 man short?
You've got 3 going out and only 2 coming in?
Yeah- so I failed maths!
So who's your third player in given that you're contemplating Roo being suspended?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

No change.

St Nick

Hoping for....

In
Tommy Walsh
Rhys Stanley

Out
Ledger (injured)
Raphael Clark (omitted)

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Ledger pop a hammy? Out for the year I was told.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:Hoping for....

In
Tommy Walsh
Rhys Stanley

Out
Ledger (injured)
Raphael Clark (omitted)
I'm not going to even bother detailing how this would be impossible.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Nick wrote:Hoping for....

In
Tommy Walsh
Rhys Stanley

Out
Ledger (injured)
Raphael Clark (omitted)
Stanley isn't even training yet, been out with a hamstring injury (which you have been alerted to many times) and Ledger wasn't in to be out.

Clarke is with an E

noob
Club Player

IN: Johnson
OUT: Gamble

SaintSimmo
Club Player

OUT: Raphael Clarke, Dean Polo
IN: Tom Simpkin, Tom Ledger (if fit)

Others in contention:
Walsh - tough ask to play on Jay Schulz on debut, he is in good form

Johnson - will play if Riewoldt is suspended.

Siposs - not doing enough at vfl (imo)

Crocker - a chance but i think he needs a few more good games in the vfl before he really warrants a selection

Geary - might need another week or two in the vfl, looking forward to his return tho.

Sainter for life.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

No change unless forced. Walsh/Johnson next cabs off the rank.

Raph in starting line up on the wing

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Out : Gamble, Polo

In : Johnson, Geary

Wonder how Blake is tracking?

older saint
SS Life Member

Do not drop players that played well.
Polo shut down North's bets mid this year in Swallow. You send a very bad message if you drop him.

Gram - i am a huge critic of him as i see him a under achieving for his talents but he played his role perfectly yesterday against the worst kick in the AFL Thomas. Had many one on ones in forwad 50 and won or negated them all.

In: Walsh ( form deserves a game and we need a back up ruck to give mac a cut out for 5 min a quarter

Out : Gamble

Push Gilbert forward with Lynch or even Walsh and Walsh can ruck a little especially now with no Brogan.

Sub not Raph, perhaps Armitage.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:Do not drop players that played well.
Polo shut down North's bets mid this year in Swallow. You send a very bad message if you drop him.

Gram - i am a huge critic of him as i see him a under achieving for his talents but he played his role perfectly yesterday against the worst kick in the AFL Thomas. Had many one on ones in forwad 50 and won or negated them all.

In: Walsh ( form deserves a game and we need a back up ruck to give mac a cut out for 5 min a quarter

Out : Gamble

Push Gilbert forward with Lynch or even Walsh and Walsh can ruck a little especially now with no Brogan.

Sub not Raph, perhaps Armitage.
You say dont drop guys that do their job but then after Gilbert has his best game for the year you want to push him forward. That is the last thing he needs. I actually dont think there will be a change but if there is going to be one or 2 then Raph and Gamble are the only possibilities.

older saint
SS Life Member

I thought Gilbert was average at best .

Not sure how positional moves and dropping a player is the same argument?

Point was we need another marking option forward if Gamble out, and consensus seems to be to play Walsh back .

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:I thought Gilbert was average at best .

Not sure how positional moves and dropping a player is the same argument?

Point was we need another marking option forward if Gamble out, and consensus seems to be to play Walsh back .
I thought he was better than that but let down by two spine chilling kicks, one of which was at a critical time.

Overall, however, his attack on the man and ball, spoil, and run was - I thought - a bit of a highlight.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I agree that Siposs isn't doing enough at VFL, but did he deserve to go back there? Just an interesting thought, is it confidence, does he prefer the big stage? Not sure... anyway, ins and outs...

I would like to see one of Ledger or Crocker play as the super-sub for the rest of the year.

Not based on form but I'd like to see;
In: Ledger (if not fit Crocker), Siposs (or Johnson)
Out: Clarke, Gamble

What is more likely is no change.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

there doesn't seem to be much point picking raph if he's only going to be the sub. thus far he's picked up 9 possessions in total across the three times he's been sub, so it's not helping him find touch or match fitness, and he doesn't have much impact when he's subbed on.

i wouldn't be surprised to see geary as sub next week, he was emergency for the first two rounds and has had a couple of games back at sandy. but he did miss eleven weeks and might need another full game at vfl level.

otherwise there are a few more options, though whether they're pushing for selection at vfl level i don't know. crocker, winmar, smith. even mcqualter was ok in that role when he played it.

apart from that, polo was ok but he needs to get a bit more of it. lynch was ok. gram, jones and dempster played roles. armitage and gamble fairly quiet but both gave something intermittently in the forward line. i can't really see any of them losing their spots straight away, though i guess gamble has had three games this stint without setting the world on fire, so he's the most likely. could be ably replaced by johnson or siposs without too many issues, but won't be.

OUT: Clarke
IN: Geary/McQualter

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i thought clarke showed a bit when he came on.....at least he played the ball forward, and added a bit of run..no-way will he be dropped....imho....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Raph to get a full game this week and Armo to come in as the sub. No other changes imo.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Out Westhoff In Cornes

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/w ... 6087966795

Does this mean it's a farewell game for a club champion?

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Out : Gram, Gamble

In : Geary, Johnson

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Out : Gram, Gamble

In : Geary, Johnson
I see a few people putting up the name Geary. Can I, politely, ask why?

Many perceive him as having deficiencies, particularly in regards to his disposal skills.

But leaving that aside, Jarryn sustained a hairline fracture of his tibia on 2 April while playing for Sandy. Clearly he wasn’t in our best 22 at that stage. He then missed an enormous amount of football while recuperating. He’s finally made it back on the field and played, what is it, one or two games with Sandy?

Why we would be considering taking him to Adelaide for what is likely to be a hard slog in adverse conditions?

I’ll freely admit that I don’t get to see Sandy play apart from the couple of matches televised each week. And I am unable to get to training at all. However I do however closely follow the postings of those who do get to those events.

I have nothing against Geary, I just don’t see how he would come into calculations given the limited football he has played in recent times.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Gears was regularly listed in our best for Sandy up until his injury, but I agree with the rest of your statement, Doc.

No change, however, as Port just lost their best forward it'll be interesting to see what they'll do, and how we'll match up.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Gears was regularly listed in our best for Sandy up until his injury, but I agree with the rest of your statement, Doc.

No change, however, as Port just lost their best forward it'll be interesting to see what they'll do, and how we'll match up.
Well seeing as he was injured in Round 1, I assume you're talking about 2010 :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
degruch wrote:Gears was regularly listed in our best for Sandy up until his injury, but I agree with the rest of your statement, Doc.

Well seeing as he was injured in Round 1, I assume you're talking about 2010 :wink:
Haha! I agree with that statement too...seems I confused K. Geary with J. Geary, and probably Seniors with Reserves!