Mitch CLARK rumour...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Good rumours are always true. Except when they aren't.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Bowey Boy wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Who is he?
er..me too?
They've got it all wrong. It's actually Xavier Clarke

Furtius Quo Rdelious
bergsone
SS Life Member

Kick a goal or two hey! wont fit in with our team plan then :twisted:

Saintersss
Club Player

Clark is a very promising player, however he is like Ben. His best position is the number 1 ruck role playing 80-90% in the ruck. He is currently being played up forward for the Lions (with the occasional run in the ruck), because they have Leunerberger playing very well there. However, as a key forward he isn't the absolute best, although still decent. Only kicked 19 goals this year playing up forward, not exactly the greatest return. A very good ruck though.

Anyways all the rumour is, is that we are talking to him. Doesn't even remotely mean he'll come to the Saints. Mostly likely, he'll end up back home in the West, or to GWS. Would be very unlikely for him to come to the Saints.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

would be the end of Kosi I think

where would u play him (Justin) too expensive for the reserves

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert + Armitage for Clarke and third round pick (in the 50's)

Stanley might also be thought of by Brisbane

I would do it....

Would leave Kosi in a precarious position
Perhaps an opportunity at GWS for Kosi, and Raph

Gram would also be on the thoughts of the stk list management committee, and for some reason I think Tom Lynch would be.....

Along with Clarke
I would speak to
Jack Trengrove-port
Steven Salopek-port
Matthew bate-Melbourne
Bernie Vince-adelaide
Xavier Ellis-hawthorn

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I would have said these guys are required players, but if Emma Quayle is right trades might need to be done. We might want to hold onto our first-round draft pick this year.
Some recruiters are struggling to find more than 30 players in this year's junior pool that they would have complete confidence in selecting.

The bonus for the Giants is that while this draft will kick them off nicely, it will keep most of their opponents where they are. If any make serious improvement out of this draft, given the lack of depth they will have done very well.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/t ... 1h2j8.html

I can see a few rookie upgrades in our near future.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I still wish we could get John patton to get on the booze and start acting like a twat then grab him like Jack Darling.

Mitch Clarke would be our dream player, I would give away our first round pick for him and a player, Voss is into our left overs.

Give them Rhys Stanley and a second rounder, they get a potential gun and a pick for the future -we get a Gun for now.

I still think Clarke will be at GWS but nice dream, he will probably go to Collingwood where his stupid tatts would be in vogue and they could pay him $3.50 per game while keeping other teams at bay by saying he will sit out of AFL for 10 years if he gets drafted. He would be 180 kgs and have veins popping out of his neck on their special program.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Would be nice Mitch Clark... But would be looking for a lot of cash...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gilbert + Armitage for Clarke and third round pick (in the 50's)

Stanley might also be thought of by Brisbane

I would do it....

Would leave Kosi in a precarious position
Perhaps an opportunity at GWS for Kosi, and Raph

Gram would also be on the thoughts of the stk list management committee, and for some reason I think Tom Lynch would be.....

Along with Clarke
I would speak to
Jack Trengrove-port
Steven Salopek-port
Matthew bate-Melbourne
Bernie Vince-adelaide
Xavier Ellis-hawthorn
No way. Why would we give up an inside mid and a running player for a ruckman? That's not even addressing a significant weakness and would stuff us up elsewhere. It would also derail Maca's development. And a pick in the 50s as well. Are you negotiating for them?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Arent we paying him?
that too, but wait Riewoldt goes onto the vet list so therefore all the problems of the world are solved?
Yep because the club would not have known that when doing other players contracts.
Agreed, the amount of planning gone into the contract lists and obligations mirrors John Beveridge's real idea of the football talent of Justin Sweeney...none.
add gwilt and sam fisher to that group :wink:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Why are we hypothetically offloading Gilbert now? It's a bit random, or are we assuming because he once lived in Queensland he'd automatically want to return?

Anyway, he would be a good get (I can't believe some of you guys haven't heard of him!). I'm proposing Raph Clarke, Cairnsman, our 7th round pick and a tin of magic beans for Mitch Clark. :P

PS: We can't trade Stanley, I already offloaded him, Kosi and a pick to my Port Adelaide mate for Trengove and Butcher...in light of Brogan's recent retirement, he has accepted.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:Why are we hypothetically offloading Gilbert now? It's a bit random, or are we assuming because he once lived in Queensland he'd automatically want to return?

Anyway, he would be a good get (I can't believe some of you guys haven't heard of him!). I'm proposing Raph Clarke, Cairnsman, our 7th round pick and a tin of magic beans for Mitch Clark. :P
I like it. Throw in Saintdooley as well.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:Why are we hypothetically offloading Gilbert now? It's a bit random, or are we assuming because he once lived in Queensland he'd automatically want to return?

I like it. Throw in Saintdooley as well.
:lol: Deal. That's fixed our onfield woes, tidied up the forum and the cheersquad too! Vossy will need those magic beans.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Justin Sweeney may not have gone on to an AFL career, but I think saying he was untalented is a bit rich. Players don't make it for a lot of reasons, sometimes just because a spot never opens in time, Harvey may have retired earlier which got games into sweeney and resulted in a different outcome. Other players got going ahead of schedule and pushed him out. If they got drafted to the best comp in the land it wasn't lack of talent.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Always love how BF's reputation here is directly proportional to the said rumour being good or bad news for St Kilda lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Justin Sweeney may not have gone on to an AFL career, but I think saying he was untalented is a bit rich. Players don't make it for a lot of reasons, sometimes just because a spot never opens in time, Harvey may have retired earlier which got games into sweeney and resulted in a different outcome. Other players got going ahead of schedule and pushed him out. If they got drafted to the best comp in the land it wasn't lack of talent.
Sweeneys talent wasnt the issue....it was his attitude

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saint66au wrote:
gringo wrote:Justin Sweeney may not have gone on to an AFL career, but I think saying he was untalented is a bit rich. Players don't make it for a lot of reasons, sometimes just because a spot never opens in time, Harvey may have retired earlier which got games into sweeney and resulted in a different outcome. Other players got going ahead of schedule and pushed him out. If they got drafted to the best comp in the land it wasn't lack of talent.
100% right.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
PLUGGER14
Club Player

saint66au wrote:
Well because of young Justin I picked up a Harve 324 jumper for $125.00. :)

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sweeney had nothing wrong with his attitude, or so i was told on here.....by the usuals....who always no better.

Armo is not a hard running mid...... He is a defensive hff, he just plays his role nowadays...

Gilbert is a talented player, has weaknesses and is in a position we can cover

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gilbert + Armitage for Clarke and third round pick (in the 50's)

I would do it....
Wow!!

That is one unequal trade.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not really SR

Clarke is an all australian......kpp/ruckman

He is better than

Gilbert......a talented hbf

Armitage......a fringe mid

Is better than

A third rounder........

But by about the same as the gap between clarke and gilbert.....

We would want the deal to happen, therefore would have to make it very appealling to brisbane, who would surely want a lot for an all australian. They would see gilbert as compensation, and armo as a sweetner......armo would be a great replacement for black.....you would think the same for lenny, but obviously not....

I dont reckon ross rates armitage at all.....

You have to understand, sometimes you have to give up players to pick up players....

Name another deal that would land Clarke.....without breaking the golden rule of trading...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not really SR

Clarke is an all australian......kpp/ruckman

He is better than

Gilbert......a talented hbf

Armitage......a fringe mid

Is better than

A third rounder........

But by about the same as the gap between clarke and gilbert.....

We would want the deal to happen, therefore would have to make it very appealling to brisbane, who would surely want a lot for an all australian. They would see gilbert as compensation, and armo as a sweetner......armo would be a great replacement for black.....you would think the same for lenny, but obviously not....

I dont reckon ross rates armitage at all.....

You have to understand, sometimes you have to give up players to pick up players....

Name another deal that would land Clarke.....without breaking the golden rule of trading...

Clark isnt an All Australian.... Got into the 40odd list but never made the team.

Lets not forget that he has only had one exceptional season.

Gilbert probably had two.

And most importantly Saintsationals ability to rate players playing for teams other than St Kilda is poor, both overrating, and underrating.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

In this case, seriously overrating Clark, and underrating Gilbert and Amro!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I would suggest the opposite....

If armitage does not improve his form, he will be dropped soon....

Gilbert has had a poor 2011, compared to 2010.

And clarke did miss aa selection in 2009..... What a joke that was.... Figure that out.