Next seasons home games.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Nick

Next seasons home games.....

Depending on our contract with Etihad, this is what I would like to see...

* Three home games at the MCG, (Magpies, Cats & Blues)
* One home game in Darwin, (Suns or Lions).
* One home game in Canberra, (Giants or Swans).
* Six home games at Etihad, (the rest).

I know this would not appeal to most supporters but for the sake of our club's finances we should seriously look at it.

What do people think??

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i wouldnt mind going to Darwin. Never been there before so i wouldnt mind that. but Canberra???? that place is to depressing for me

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

We went down this road with Tassie....

But GT changed his tune from "anytime, anywhere" to "its costing us games"

The decision to abandon tassie, helped us win more indoor games, but hurt in finals....and cost the respect of many, many tas fans....and we have an army down there....

It did not hurt hawthorn...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stupid idea. 2 at the G at the most as our fans have proven they dont like going to the ground and 9 at Etihad because it appears to be the only ground we will go to.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

What's wrong with our club's finances?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Next seasons home games.....

St Nick wrote:Depending on our contract with Etihad, this is what I would like to see...

* Three home games at the MCG, (Magpies, Cats & Blues)
* One home game in Darwin, (Suns or Lions).
* One home game in Canberra, (Giants or Swans).
* Six home games at Etihad, (the rest).

I know this would not appeal to most supporters but for the sake of our club's finances we should seriously look at it.

What do people think??
home game in darwin...???.another in canberra....???..ffs.....get real....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Nick

GrumpyOne wrote:What's wrong with our club's finances?
At the moment they are ok. Next year though will be a different story. We are going to lose at least 5000 members and I am pretty sure we will be making a loss. If the team goes the way I think it will, we will be making losses for the next 3 years at least. I hope I'm wrong.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Is this Trollsational?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

school holidays...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

i'd like 11 home games at Etihad on Saturday afternoons. But hey i only want to take my son who has been a member 4 yereas and can't go to any games because of all the night games!

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:i'd like 11 home games at Etihad on Saturday afternoons. But hey i only want to take my son who has been a member 4 yereas and can't go to any games because of all the night games!
Take your son to night games. He will get used to it. We took our Daughter from the age of 2 weeks and she went with us until she was to cool for her parents which was last year.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

we had two home gamesa t the G this year and there were huge gaps everywhere in the saints reserved seat area.

many I know have felt that this eyar there has been no consistency in attendance ( which has not helped in feeling connected) due to there being no sequnce of games at Etihad
just as well it wasn't conpunded by excessive Sunday afternoon games

yes we're all becoming soft but Etihad is HOME..

yes we are about 3,000 down on last years numbers but no reason with good PR and promise we can atleast remain stable..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
ThePunter
Club Player

11 games at Etihad. We don't need to sell games right now, and while it is good to play at the MCG, it is not our home ground and we are forfeiting an advantage to play home games there.

BTW, since 2000, we have played home games against Richmond at the MCG in 2006 & 2010, while Richmond have hosted St Kilda at Docklands in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008 & 2010.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:we had two home gamesa t the G this year and there were huge gaps everywhere in the saints reserved seat area.

many I know have felt that this eyar there has been no consistency in attendance ( which has not helped in feeling connected) due to there being no sequnce of games at Etihad
just as well it wasn't conpunded by excessive Sunday afternoon games

yes we're all becoming soft but Etihad is HOME..

yes we are about 3,000 down on last years numbers but no reason with good PR and promise we can atleast remain stable..
Sorry but the membership will not stay stable. A pathetic result this year as far as memberships are concerned as even last year was when you think about it. We arent a big club and the last 2 years memberships proves it. We will drop about 5k next year.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

A home game in canberra and darwin... FFS what a fkn troll :roll:

Piss off you fkn Essendon trolling dickwad.....

Mods please ban this troll who has been banned from here numerous times in the past.

Fkn Idiot :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saints Angel
Club Player

Home games at Etihad. Forget about Darwin and Canberra. Agree some good old Saturday afternoon football would be great. Hate Friday night games - so rushed getting there from way out of town when you don't have public transport.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i wouldnt mind going to Darwin. Never been there before so i wouldnt mind that. but Canberra???? that place is to depressing for me
Yep. Lets have games in those cities that you like. What about Bagdhad? Fukushima?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
jays
Club Player

would be good

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Stupid idea. 2 at the G at the most as our fans have proven they dont like going to the ground and 9 at Etihad because it appears to be the only ground we will go to.
Yeah, I could live with 2 x Home games at the G and the other nine at Etihad. I even go 1 step further and request that 1 of the G games be v Collingwood. Might as well take their money !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

doppler effect
Club Player

Re: Next seasons home games.....

St Nick wrote: * One home game in Canberra, (Giants or Swans).
This I like :D

Bring your sleeping bags and y'all can stay at my place

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

how about banning the bloody troll? :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saintdooley wrote:i wouldnt mind going to Darwin. Never been there before so i wouldnt mind that. but Canberra???? that place is to depressing for me
Yep. Lets have games in those cities that you like. What about Bagdhad? Fukushima?
I've always wanted to go to NY, Ho Chi Minh and Hon Kong. If we had time Paris would be ideal also.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Saints Angel wrote:Home games at Etihad. Forget about Darwin and Canberra. Agree some good old Saturday afternoon football would be great. Hate Friday night games - so rushed getting there from way out of town when you don't have public transport.
agree ! it was so refreshing to go to the melb game . thats what i'd like to see 3 - 4 sat avro , 3 - 4 sat nite , and a couple of fri , and sun .
The last few years are draw has been all over the place ( afl FIX ture of course ! lots of interstate games , lots of 6 day breaks . ) then look at up coming draw , the next 7 weeks we play 6 interstate sides , 3 at home that we'll lose money on , The only game we will make money on is the game against the pies , we've got more chance winning it at docklands , however if it was at the G and even if the crowd figures were the same , we'd probably make more money due to our shite stadium deal !!!!!
FFS i carn't believe that the $8 i pay for a drink in the social club , the club gets nothing !!!!!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I've always wanted to go to NY, Ho Chi Minh and Hon Kong. If we had time Paris would be ideal also.
la paz has my vote - and the benefits of high altitude - massive home advantage, plus a higher red blood cell count (honest - it's our high altitude training to blame for the high count).
do it!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dragit
Saintsational Legend

StNicks threads are like dog turds on the footpath, they stink and sooner or later someone will step in them.
Maybe we could just relocate to Auckland?