Luke Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Do you think he would have left had he not been able to get a 3rd party deal?
Where is this famous 3rd party deal you go on about? I think you look over your shoulder far to much.
So you don't think there's one?
I have no idea but you are the one saying there is one. Instead of asking questions how about give us some real facts on the crap you keep saying.
Why would a player leave one club to go to another for the same salary.

It hasn't been printed, but what was mentioned on SEN today is that there are from memory 140 3rd party deals.

None of which I have a copy of, I find it strange that he would leave for the same money, and the similar opportunity.

Zac Attack
Club Player

blah blah blah ffs ffs emoticon.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

BigMart wrote:At least attempt to open two eyes when giving a comment....

Sounds like childish dummy spits to me.....

Keep on convincing yourselves that the club managed the situation well....

Collingwood.....luke ball

Stk......Zero

List management team sacked......
Agreed, our club is not perfect, it was a balls up. Whilst he may have been asking for too much or spat the dummy, the fact we got nothing was a c**k up of the highest order. And he was a fine player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Do you think he would have left had he not been able to get a 3rd party deal?
Where is this famous 3rd party deal you go on about? I think you look over your shoulder far to much.
I have no idea but you are the one saying there is one. Instead of asking questions how about give us some real facts on the crap you keep saying.

It hasn't been printed, but what was mentioned on SEN today is that there are from memory 140 3rd party deals.

None of which I have a copy of, I find it strange that he would leave for the same money, and the similar opportunity.
He got much more money in his first 2 years at the pies and got much more opportunity.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He got much more money in his first 2 years at the pies and got much more opportunity.
Opportunity?

Show me where this is printed?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Luke was offered 300k pa over three years....about a 50% pay cut from 2009, by st kilda....when his party knocked back the offer because collingwood had made a far larger counter offer (500k pa for two years) stk took the offer off the table...to make a statement. A costly one....

Leo.J
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Luke was offered 300k pa over three years....about a 50% pay cut from 2009, by st kilda....when his party knocked back the offer because collingwood had made a far larger counter offer (500k pa for two years) stk took the offer off the table...to make a statement. A costly one....
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... 1d31w.html
The three-year total averages out at $340,000-$350,000 - virtually the same as the three-year contract St Kilda offered him before he walked out on the club after the 2009 grand final.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
BigMart wrote:Luke was offered 300k pa over three years....about a 50% pay cut from 2009, by st kilda....when his party knocked back the offer because collingwood had made a far larger counter offer (500k pa for two years) stk took the offer off the table...to make a statement. A costly one....
Yep but that hasnt happened yet so he is well in front. Anyway I have always claimed that he left for more opportunity afterall the guy got dropped twice 2009 and then played well in the GF but still only got abouy 50% of game time.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
...I think you look over your shoulder far to much.
Not at all I read between the lines Plugger and I don't take whats written in the HS as gospel.
Neither do I but I dont make up things just to get people on here agreeing with you when you actually have no idea at all.
plugger66 wrote:... You can bet Rooy has a good contract outside the club.
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=70839

Do you have a copy of this contract?

So I'm not allowed to make a statement unless I can provide a reference now?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
Yep but that hasnt happened yet so he is well in front. Anyway I have always claimed that he left for more opportunity afterall the guy got dropped twice 2009 and then played well in the GF but still only got abouy 50% of game time.
So how much game time has he been averaging at the Filth since being there?

And how much game time did he average at the Saints?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
...I think you look over your shoulder far to much.
Not at all I read between the lines Plugger and I don't take whats written in the HS as gospel.
Neither do I but I dont make up things just to get people on here agreeing with you when you actually have no idea at all.
plugger66 wrote:... You can bet Rooy has a good contract outside the club.
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=70839

Do you have a copy of this contract?

So I'm not allowed to make a statement unless I can provide a reference now?
No i dont. Well alright Rooy doesnt have a contract outside the club. Does Ball have one?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

I believe he does.

I haven't read the contracts.

I've been told he does.

I can't prove it on here, so your can believe me or not.

We may differ in opinions regularly plugger, but I don't bullsh!t, and I think if you read what I write I rarely if ever write anything I can't back up.

This one of these occasions.

So I'm happy to leave myself open on this one, because I'm comfortable with what I know.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

I still think he should be known as Luke "Bloody" Ball

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

F***. hes gone. move on. get over him.
who gives a crap about luke ball

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

That's Luke "Bloody" Ball Mr. Gorozidis

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Leo.J wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
so you know there's not one for Roo?

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

He's mates with this guy now…
Enough said

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id question your sources mate cause they're rubbery.

And again, Ive not read 1 POSTER say we managed the Ball deal well or did well out of it...thats a seperate discussion to his OWN conduct on his departure.

You cant blame Lyon for it all....or maybe YOU can.

“Yeah….nah””
Winmar
Club Player

I had Collingwood supporters I was with getting tonight getting orgasmic over him. I never want to hear his name again.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Daisy is a great bloke..

I think those figure are pretty well understood....

Teflon, like it or not Ross was a part of a decision....which i felt at the time was a poor one, and posted as such...and you know, because you had a fair whack at me, yes....this was nov 2009.

With benefit of hindsight, the decision has been undoubtedly seen as a disaster....it could not have turned out worse
1. He got to collingwood.....we got zero
2. He played a huge role in their win over us i the gf
We lost lenny hayes.....whom he would have replaced
3. He has been outstanding in the midfield as they go from strength to strength....we have fallen away, esp in the midfield
4. He is getting his power back
5. He's fitting in at collingwood
6. He's succeeding at collingwood

The truth is difficult to stomach, but clear.....thats why drain, peake...gone

Grantaire
Opposition Fan

Winmar wrote:I had Collingwood supporters I was with getting tonight getting orgasmic over him. I never want to hear his name again.
Can you blame us? He's turned into a vital cog in our midfield, and is an integral part of the new 'machine'.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Grantaire wrote:
Winmar wrote:I had Collingwood supporters I was with getting tonight getting orgasmic over him. I never want to hear his name again.
Can you blame us? He's turned into a vital cog in our midfield, and is an integral part of the new 'machine'.
The Rat deserves to be at Collingwood, fit's right in with that other Rat Didak.
Scum club with scummy supporters.

Grantaire
Opposition Fan

The Fireman wrote:
Grantaire wrote:
The Rat deserves to be at Collingwood, fit's right in with that other Rat Didak.
Yep, he's deserved everything he's got with us. The scumbag.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I am very sure he is comfortable (now) with his decision......

Why are stk supporters not so happy....really

I wonder why?

perhaps because we mocked hima nd collingwood when he left..

He had just strugged through 09......we had belted the in a couple of finals series....it was no biggie...

But then...

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Grantaire wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
Grantaire wrote:
Yep, he's deserved everything he's got with us. The scumbag.
yep he's paid the price, he is now a skunk.
He now belongs to such a rotten organisation followed by the most obnoxious supporters in the league by a country mile.
He is a mercenary who has let his supporters down and certainly belongs there.