NO CHANGE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
bob__71 wrote:I think this will be the day that Ben shows the footy world what hes got. I think he has the engine to ruck 90% and ruck well.
He's more of a ruck rover. We'll lose the majority of the hit outs, we've conceded that. I doubt having Kosi in would have changed that outcome. McEvoy will be there to create a contest and ensure WC don't hit to many to advantage. We are looking to have the extra run in our smalls / mediums with the one ruckman.
I would like to think that Ben hasnt conceded the hitouts just yet.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:The only change is Baker into the emergencies. Who has he replaced? Siposs!
Siposs has shin splints.

What's your point?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:Kosi will play !
No he will not.

Betcha my signed dan fogelberg poster he does !

jays
Club Player

bit shocked kosi not in

Quixote
SS Life Member

mr six o'clock wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:Kosi will play !
No he will not.

Betcha my signed dan fogelberg poster he does !
OK I'm convinced - Kosi plays.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:This is the third actual contender we have played in the last Seven games

Contenders in the top 8

Collingwood.....loss
Geelong.....2 losses
Hawthorn.....loss
Carlton......loss
West coast.....????
Sydeny........????
Fremantle.......win. (no sandilands, their record withot him his hideous)
Essendon.......loss

One win from Seven
If Essendon are a contender then so are North, Melbourne and the Dogs
Add 3 wins and perhaps mention that 2 losses were under a goal…

dragit
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:If McEvoy were to pull out before the game, our tallest emergency is Geary. Not very bright.
Is it possible to bring in a player not named as an emergency in any circumstances? With an ensuing fine perhaps?

goddardisgod
Club Player

dragit wrote:
borderbarry wrote:If McEvoy were to pull out before the game, our tallest emergency is Geary. Not very bright.
Is it possible to bring in a player not named as an emergency in any circumstances? With an ensuing fine perhaps?
We can. It's a pretty big fine however. Last year, North wanted to bring in someone who was playing the next day, having already used the other 2 emergencies. But they couldn't afford to cop the fine, so Hale, who had already played a full game for North Ballarat had to play. It probably ended up costing them the game.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BigMart wrote:This is the third actual contender we have played in the last Seven games

Contenders in the top 8

Collingwood.....loss
Geelong.....2 losses
Hawthorn.....loss
Carlton......loss
West coast.....????
Sydeny........????
Fremantle.......win. (no sandilands, their record withot him his hideous)
Essendon.......loss

One win from Seven
If Essendon are a contender then so are North, Melbourne and the Dogs
Add 3 wins and perhaps mention that 2 losses were under a goal…
Are you suggesting there's an alternative view to that espoused by BM?

Come on.

Surely you jest.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Kosi wont play and truthfully...he wasnt going to even up ruck...BUT he would give is another fwd target.....

Odd selections.

The emmergencies are hardly "lightning" (Geary ok)

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Are you suggesting there's an alternative view to that espoused by BM?

Come on.

Surely you jest.
I do like to 'cut loose' occasionally.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

we are obviously going small to their tall.

gang-banging Natinui and Cox is the only solution around the ground to conserve Ben's energy for the centre contests.

surprised about some of the Kosi comments suggesting he should play. if we externally recruited Kosi begining of last year we would all be calling him a dud. but we all want Kosi to improve (but in the twos first surely).

reckon Geelong gave us a blueprint last weekend how to beat the Eagles. In the second half they changed their game plan to man up and beat them one on one, which they did (Cats) but couldn't get across the line.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam Fisher at centre bounces (not in the ruck) to mitigate against Nic's follow up ruck work (or charge in from CHB). Also, Ben is good below the knees and tackling, which will help too!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Ross often gets criticized got being too safe with selection. The 'safe' option would have been to bring Kosi in and try and match tall for tall. But he's kept Lynch in - which I think is awesome. Kosi brings no forward pressure to the side which is the linch-pin of any good side these days.

Good on Ross for rewarding the players that have played well the last few weeks instead of reverting to the Kosi & Roo forward tandem.

PJ
SS Life Member

This just highlights how desperately we need another mobile tall. I thought Kosi would have got the gig but I'm not surprised to see us go unchanged. It will just mean a different role for a couple of our players to influence Nat and Cox's output.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

How are we faveorites for this game?

Sure we have won 5 of the last 7, but WCE have just beaten Geelong and Carlton (at Etihad). I just dont see why the bookies have saints at $1.65 and WCE at $2.15.

I am quite happy with our form, and think we are heading towards the form of previous years, but realistically I think the Eagles are just a notch above us at the moment.

I beleive this is a winnable game for us, I just don't think we deserve to go in as faveorites.

Carpe Diem
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:Ross often gets criticized got being too safe with selection. The 'safe' option would have been to bring Kosi in and try and match tall for tall. But he's kept Lynch in - which I think is awesome. Kosi brings no forward pressure to the side which is the linch-pin of any good side these days.

Good on Ross for rewarding the players that have played well the last few weeks instead of reverting to the Kosi & Roo forward tandem.
Don't disagree with what you're saying QOA.

My only concern, and perhaps the concern of a few others, is in regards to the 2nd ruck option. Once upon a time it would have been Blake but he's not there now. And of course if something was to happen to Ben, then the 2nd ruck problem becomes the 1st ruck problem.

Anyway let's hope Ben gets through and does really well, that whoever gives him a breather at least breaks even and that Lynch plays his best game to date. :)

Helen
Club Player

Re: NO CHANGE

saintspremiers wrote:
Helen wrote:
Sam23 wrote:Lynch stays in ahead of Koschitzke.West Coast
In: Lynch, Waters, Gaff
Out: Kerr, Swift, McGinnity
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES!!!!!

Helen is official faked in the head!!!
You should get a warning for tricking the swear filter. There are kids on this forum!!!!!

shmic_s
Club Player

Unforgiven wrote:How are we faveorites for this game?

Sure we have won 5 of the last 7, but WCE have just beaten Geelong and Carlton (at Etihad). I just dont see why the bookies have saints at $1.65 and WCE at $2.15.

I am quite happy with our form, and think we are heading towards the form of previous years, but realistically I think the Eagles are just a notch above us at the moment.

I beleive this is a winnable game for us, I just don't think we deserve to go in as faveorites.
The bookies are obviously holding more money on the Saints.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Jones will go to an outside damaging mid.......he never tags an insider

Thomas, harvey orwells, hill, murphy, stanton etc...
...Ablett, Ling, Judd...probably Priddis. We'll see.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
QuestionOfAccuracy wrote:Ross often gets criticized got being too safe with selection. The 'safe' option would have been to bring Kosi in and try and match tall for tall. But he's kept Lynch in - which I think is awesome. Kosi brings no forward pressure to the side which is the linch-pin of any good side these days.

Don't disagree with what you're saying QOA.

My only concern, and perhaps the concern of a few others, is in regards to the 2nd ruck option. Once upon a time it would have been Blake but he's not there now. And of course if something was to happen to Ben, then the 2nd ruck problem becomes the 1st ruck problem.

Anyway let's hope Ben gets through and does really well, that whoever gives him a breather at least breaks even and that Lynch plays his best game to date. :)
You make a good point, Doc.

I guess, either way you're going to have your work cut out against Cox/NicNat, so I like the fact that he's stuck with a forward structure that's looked cohesive.

A break-even result from Big Ben would be a massive effort. He has the tank to get around the ground with Cox/Nic Nat so I hope he can neutralize them in the stoppages.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: NO CHANGE

Helen wrote:You should get a warning for tricking the swear filter. There are kids on this forum!!!!!
You should be banned again after subverting all of your previous bans by creating new logins.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:What's the bet we'll see Lynch at a couple of centre bounces! Oh the humanity.
saw this last week and had to rewind the tape!!

missed him going into a centre bounce while watching at the ground

DWOODROW
Club Player

Are we still 100% sure there are no late changes??????

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:Are we still 100% sure there are no late changes??????
Heath Shaw's out :wink: :lol:

mohannair
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:Are we still 100% sure there are no late changes??????
Lyon playing the cards very close to his chest. In the Hun he is quoted that we will have to wait till the bounce to find out the team.