Colin Sylvia in the market

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Make it happen!!

I was just saying to my mate the other day I would kill to have Sylvia at the club.

We should easily be able to fit him into the cap IMO.

I would hope that we will very heavily pursue one of Colin Sylvia, Patrick Dangerfield or Mitch Clark, add any of those three and our lineup has a completely different look to it.
Love to know how we could fit a 450k player under our salary cap. Would need to trade or not resign a fairly highly paid player.
Who knows how our salary cap is looking for next season? I doubt anyone here does.... Are we still paying out Lovett next season? Does Riewoldt go on to the vets list? Will Baker, Blake and Gardiner all be there next season? Will every player who is currently on the list be there next season? Will we lose someone to GWS?

There can always be some creative list management anyway.... Perhaps Brendon Goddard can take a voluntary pay cut? he may be more inclined to offer this option to the club if he was offered a job at a certain truck company...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I would just like the idea of Sylvia Saint at the club.

Would make the Kim Duthie scandal pale into insignificance :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:Make it happen!!

I was just saying to my mate the other day I would kill to have Sylvia at the club.

We should easily be able to fit him into the cap IMO.

I would hope that we will very heavily pursue one of Colin Sylvia, Patrick Dangerfield or Mitch Clark, add any of those three and our lineup has a completely different look to it.
Love to know how we could fit a 450k player under our salary cap. Would need to trade or not resign a fairly highly paid player.
Who knows how our salary cap is looking for next season? I doubt anyone here does.... Are we still paying out Lovett next season? Does Riewoldt go on to the vets list? Will Baker, Blake and Gardiner all be there next season? Will every player who is currently on the list be there next season? Will we lose someone to GWS?

There can always be some creative list management anyway.... Perhaps Brendon Goddard can take a voluntary pay cut? he may be more inclined to offer this option to the club if he was offered a job at a certain truck company...
We have no idea but we do know we are 100% and we do know we havent lost one of our stars even though we have made the last 2 GF's. Rooy I believe is on the vet list but that obviously is known beforehand so players would have been paid accordingly. Those players retiring give us a bit but hardly huge amounts and from what was written Lovett have some small amount on this years cap.

Like you said who would know here but you were the one who said we should easily be able to fit him under the cap. I just doubt that.

gosaints
Club Player

Ralphy wrote: Lovetts money
Whatever Baker s on.
same as blake
same as gardiner
also riewoldt will be vet listed etc
so easliy done.
I'd say we'd have a few blokes due a pay rise next season...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I would just like the idea of Sylvia Saint at the club.

you dirty dirty man. :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is he really that good???

Is he really worth big$$$
What has he ever achieved???

matrix
Saintsational Legend

for 450?

yeah
i think its worth it

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Worth it, get him!

axcellence
Club Player

Another girl basher.... Don't want him.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't matter now we don't wear old school jumpers and dwell in Frangers no one will ever want to play with us again.

GoSaints11

In my opinion, we don't need a player in the mold of Silvia. Jack Steven is already our Colin Silvia-type.

Would much rather see the club use that sort of money (or less) to get a forward/ruck like Jessie Smith, Mitch Clark, Hamish McIntosh.

By the way - whilst i'm here - how good has Clinton Jones been lately? he's unbelievable at winning the contested ball and impacting the stoppages (tackles/sheppards/clearances). Kicking isn't flash but well and truly makes up for it with his 4 qtr effort and impact.

Good work tonight Saints. keep it up.

St Kilda is a great club - don't ever forget it. It's the peope (supporters, players, coaches & staff) that make it great.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Jones is very under rated and would be a star at a bigger club.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

GoSaints11 wrote:In my opinion, we don't need a player in the mold of Silvia. Jack Steven is already our Colin Silvia-type.

Would much rather see the club use that sort of money (or less) to get a forward/ruck like Jessie Smith, Mitch Clark, Hamish McIntosh.

By the way - whilst i'm here - how good has Clinton Jones been lately? he's unbelievable at winning the contested ball and impacting the stoppages (tackles/sheppards/clearances). Kicking isn't flash but well and truly makes up for it with his 4 qtr effort and impact.

on the money with every word.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: We may have room in our salary cap for that, but is he worth it?
No

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

GoSaints11 wrote:In my opinion, we don't need a player in the mold of Silvia. Jack Steven is already our Colin Silvia-type.

sure. if those guys are available. im happy to get a class tall at a reasonable price. but lenny is almost done. we should look at him.

saint58
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
jonesy wrote:In a heartbeat,but can't see how,or it happening
He'll only be moving for big bucks.

How much would you want to pay him?
We would want to pay him a lot however we dont have a lot to pay him.
Would love to take him if we had had the cash.

But we can get the cash and lest just thing outside the square?

Hobart they are looking for a nother team what about 5 games there each would be a sellout and would allso get members from tassie.

Even if we got 5 thousand members in a city of 200 thousand that should be obtainable.
People jumed off there teams in Launceston to follow the hawks so it hopefully should happen for us if we do the promotion well enough.

The other option is to play interstate teams out our gound in Seaford,with the right seating in place.We could get more then the 26 thousand that we got at telstra dome and all the revenue would be the clubs.

With gws and GC now in playing them at telstra dome we would not make anything i suspect.We could play 5 or 6 games there and even sell some to other victorian clubs for there interstate games!

IT would be like geelong and the profits they make are unbelivable some times.

I would like to know how much we make from last nights game if anything!!!

But this is a long term idear but if we run our own Vfl side soon they could play there as well.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint58 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
jonesy wrote:In a heartbeat,but can't see how,or it happening
He'll only be moving for big bucks.

How much would you want to pay him?
We would want to pay him a lot however we dont have a lot to pay him.
Would love to take him if we had had the cash.

But we can get the cash and lest just thing outside the square?

Hobart they are looking for a nother team what about 5 games there each would be a sellout and would allso get members from tassie.

Even if we got 5 thousand members in a city of 200 thousand that should be obtainable.
People jumed off there teams in Launceston to follow the hawks so it hopefully should happen for us if we do the promotion well enough.

The other option is to play interstate teams out our gound in Seaford,with the right seating in place.We could get more then the 26 thousand that we got at telstra dome and all the revenue would be the clubs.

With gws and GC now in playing them at telstra dome we would not make anything i suspect.We could play 5 or 6 games there and even sell some to other victorian clubs for there interstate games!

IT would be like geelong and the profits they make are unbelivable some times.

I would like to know how much we make from last nights game if anything!!!

But this is a long term idear but if we run our own Vfl side soon they could play there as well.
I'm pretty sure you've floated this idea about playing at Seaford before?
If not you then certainly someone else has.
I believe the response every time it has been raised has been along the lines of:-
who is going to pay the tens of millions of dollars (if not 100 million dollars+) to upgrade Seaford into a ground capable of playing an AFL match at?

And
we are contracted to play a set number of games at Etihad.
I believe we are 'guaranteed' a certain minimum amount for each game, no matter the size of the crowd.

shmic_s
Club Player

Sylvia still yet to sign a deal with Melbourne, hope the club is sniffing around.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/d ... 6111258781

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

SILVIA is he better than ARMITAGE?

SILVIA is he better than ARMITAGE?

He obviously is another young man with 'ego' issues do we really want him at the club.

I would rather develop a younger mids and go after a tall goal kicking forward without the baggage as previously mentioned -

Mitch CLARK
Callum WILSON
Jesse WHYTE

OR if any of the touted Adelaide Crows mids came up they would be a much better trade target than Silvia IMO.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
longtimesaint
Club Player

He will probably go to Collingwood for about pick 30 -they seem to be able to organize that sort of thing.

One year will be our year
noob
Club Player

Generally the players that are talked about here don't end up coming here. Its usually a player from left field (during trade week).

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

longtimesaint wrote:He will probably go to Collingwood for about pick 30 -they seem to be able to organize that sort of thing.
Sadly you probably are not far off.

He will most likley go to Essendon, Collingwood or Carlton. For next to nothing. The AFL has designed situations like this to fit the powerful and rich clubs down to the ground.

That being said if we can stick it up those bastards and snag him id be a happy camper

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Can't kick on left and average on right. Perhaps we should get him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I would just like the idea of Sylvia Saint at the club.

that is a good one :lol:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I like him but there seems to be concerns regarding his attitude... his form seems to correlate with his work (from the outside anyway).

don't know if we need that

if we're going for that type of player, I think Dangerfield may be the guy to go for

him and Mitch Clarke