Dean polo's handpassing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Haven't seen tonight's game yet but I have noticed through the year that he seems to be very good at chucking a hand out to intercept other's handballs, everyone pulls them off once in a while but Polo has done it more in one season than I have seen most players in a career.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

def worth the pic. any pic over 30 is just bonus time.
so him an gamble are worth late pics. good on him.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

i'm a big fan, kept blurting his name last night
POLO this and POLO that - his dexterity reminds me of Lenny
had the most contested possessions last night

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Polo has earned his position each week and has been getting better each week, as he setles in. He's not a star, but an important "good ordinary footballer," as they say.

Being new to the Saints, Posters want instant success. I think that a lot of credit for the improvement in Polo, Gamble, Clarke, Jones, Peake, needs to go to Ross and the assistant coaches :!:

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Polo looks like he's busting his guts to impress and cement a spot in the side... he seems to have a real appetite for it at the moment... I love that... shows he cares about his footy.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

A bit of Rob Harvey about some of those handballs.

The Craw
Club Player

He reminds me of Stephen Powell, not blessed with pace or skill but provides grunt. Good balance for the team.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The Craw wrote:He reminds me of Stephen Powell, not blessed with pace or skill but provides grunt. Good balance for the team.
Not a bad comparison.

I'd be quite happy if Polo could contribute as much as Powell did.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Tiges could use his grunt in the middle :shock:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hope he adds as much to the classic lines of AFL sledging as Powell. I still smile at his eloquence when addressing Cameron ling. -Yes he indeed got what he deserved.

savatage
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:Hope he adds as much to the classic lines of AFL sledging as Powell. I still smile at his eloquence when addressing Cameron ling. -Yes he indeed got what he deserved.
One of the greatest sledges of all time :)

Out of interest...find the footage of the Saints game a few weeks back VS Port when Riewoldt got a free-kick before the bounce. Listen to what Joey says :)

Rosco
Club Player

savatage wrote:
gringo wrote:Hope he adds as much to the classic lines of AFL sledging as Powell. I still smile at his eloquence when addressing Cameron ling. -Yes he indeed got what he deserved.

Out of interest...find the footage of the Saints game a few weeks back VS Port when Riewoldt got a free-kick before the bounce. Listen to what Joey says :)
what was it?

thequarry
Club Player

His performance on Friday night was a good four-quarter effort I thought. I was talking to Dad at the ground about it through the game, I don't think we really expected to be having that kind of conversation when we picked him up at last year's draft.

I really like his work with his hands. His setting up of Milne through traffic early set the tone for his night.

For anyone interested, we've just put up a piece about Polo at Red, White and Black: http://www.redwhiteandblack.com.au/2011 ... nd-chance/

savatage
SS Life Member

Rosco wrote:
savatage wrote:

what was it?
Pretty sure he said it twice...Well done ya big f#%@ing goose with a nice smart smile on his face....

savatage
SS Life Member

thequarry wrote:His performance on Friday night was a good four-quarter effort I thought. I was talking to Dad at the ground about it through the game, I don't think we really expected to be having that kind of conversation when we picked him up at last year's draft.

I really like his work with his hands. His setting up of Milne through traffic early set the tone for his night.

For anyone interested, we've just put up a piece about Polo at Red, White and Black: http://www.redwhiteandblack.com.au/2011 ... nd-chance/
Nicely written.

thequarry
Club Player

savatage wrote:
thequarry wrote:His performance on Friday night was a good four-quarter effort I thought. I was talking to Dad at the ground about it through the game, I don't think we really expected to be having that kind of conversation when we picked him up at last year's draft.

Nicely written.
Cheers for the feedback!

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Posts/attachments by Thequarry, Saintbrat and other Posters, provides access to information that most would never see/hear.

It is appreciated and contributes to the integrity of the SS site (which is occasionally brought down by idiots).

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Junction Oval wrote:Posts/attachments by Thequarry, Saintbrat and other Posters, provides access to information that most would never see/hear.

It is appreciated and contributes to the integrity of the SS site.
+1

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Did anyone see the highlight reel for Shane Tuck, he looked awesome and will still be delisted are we interested?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Did anyone see the highlight reel for Shane Tuck, he looked awesome and will still be delisted are we interested?
Not another poor disposer of the ball. Leave him for GWS.

Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Did anyone see the highlight reel for Shane Tuck, he looked awesome and will still be delisted are we interested?
Not another poor disposer of the ball. Leave him for GWS.
At least Tuck can score a heavily inflated contract and good on him. he is not that bad.