Realistically how far can we now go???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The best we can do is a prelim, but I don't think we will get that far. We could win the first final but would struggle to win a second, would be nice though after where we have come from.

I love this club
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:The best we can do is a prelim, but I don't think we will get that far. We could win the first final but would struggle to win a second, would be nice though after where we have come from.
This

Think we are at about 08 level,but we won't get lucky this year and fall into 4th. We are a fair margin behind the good sides.

Bring back the Lockett era
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Let's take a reality check here guys - we still have to play GCoast, Freo, Pies, Swans, North and Carlton.

Except for GCoast, the rest are finals contenders. If we win most and/or come very close, then I will start to get excited. Other than that, it will be one or two finals games and we are out, if we are lucky. Won't stop me from barracking hard though :!:

PJ
SS Life Member

One week at a time....how far we go depends on how we go from week to week.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Rosco
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:I like that there might be a bit of reckless about the boys come September, no second chances, no burden of expectation this time.
:D Reckless is good.
^ this, i think, is our greatest hope / advantage (been there before, know what the pain of the ultimate loss is, caution gets thrown to the wind in the finals)

having said that, getting there is still not certain - need to win 3, maybe 4, of the last 6 and four games are against teams above us on the ladder, with one (north) not far below us (and still raw from losing a game to us they were not far from winning)

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

PJ wrote:One week at a time....how far we go depends on how we go from week to week.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Cross each bridge as it comes at the moment but the guys seem to have that appetite for the contest back.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Gold Coast this weekend? :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

We can go , All the way baby !
we just need commitment.
Scribes were bagging the crows for there insipid performance on friday night , yet little credit was given to our ferocious attack on the ball all game , our best 4 quarter effort all year !

thefatdork
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:We can go , All the way baby !
we just need commitment.
Scribes were bagging the crows for there insipid performance on friday night , yet little credit was given to our ferocious attack on the ball all game , our best 4 quarter effort all year !
I agree but we still have a lot of work to do to get to the finals. My fear is injury - and possibly some dodgy Match review panel decisions (3 weeks for Roo - Really????!!! :shock: ) - will derail us.
I'm excited, though, with our boys' efforts and the week-on-week improvement is sensational. With momentum behind us - WATCH OUT.
GO SAINTS 8-)

Austinnn
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
I don't mean to sound wierd but I would rather lose a prelim (this year) than make the GF and lose that. 6th and winning one final would be a vg result considering all the sh!t that has happened this year.
Nothing weird about that.

Dont know if I can stomach 4 GF's in three years with no positive result. It would be just about the end of me.
I know exactly what your saying joff.

However we can never hope to win one unless we're prepared to lose another one.

The more times we get there and fall short the harder it is to keep going. But the more times we get there the more chance we'll finally win number 2.

So as much as it hurts to think we could get through this year only to lose to the Pies again, I'll take any chance we get to play on the big day.
+1 how many GFs did Blight's Geelong lose? It took them 15 or 20 years, but they finally got a couple of flags. Of course all personnel at the club had to change, but at least the supporters were still the same.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:We can go , All the way baby !
we just need commitment.
Disagree.

Our best 4 qtr effort was against Freo in Perth. Much better opposition in foreign soil and with a coach that was not Dead Man Walking.