Robert Eddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
gringo wrote:I would think Archer may get promoted for an extra tall come finals if he isn't already. You guys are awesome another guy to retire after being injured for large parts of this year.

Eddy may not make it but he has been a loyal servant and played with 100% effort in our colours. You guys are cheap shot heroes ready to bag guys the moment things are going badly. Fans have taken to blaming him for being selected in the GF? He played on with broken bones and if we had won would have been talked about in terms of his bravery, now he is just another whipping boy for the forum. Did anyone see Dempster coming on? Peake, have some respect he is a better player than most of the people on here ever were or will be.
We say it as we see it Gringo.

But wiser heads than us will make the decision at the appropriate time.

Basically, we're just flapping our gums talking footy here.

I don't think our opinion on an unofficial Footy Forum is going to hold much weight somehow.
Agree 100% with Gringo.

You seem good as saying it as you see it GO. And it gives the rest of us a good insight into how you see things.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

savatage wrote:His disposal isn't even VFL standard.
This is pretty much it. I've been to quite a few Sandy games. Recently against the Bullants I think it was, Eddy took a nice little mark in the back pocket to repel an attack, only to turn it over directly to an opponent at half back straight away. He almost immediately repeated this on the next forward entry for the Bullants.

Eddy chases, tackles, runs all day. I think when you've got a good side, you can get away with an Eddy being your 16th,17th or 18th best player on the field. Though when the going gets tough, I don't think he can hold his own that well.

Carpe Diem
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

If poor disposal is his only fault he's in pretty good company (12) :roll:

Winmar
Club Player

He was a late draft pick who got more than most out of the ability he had. Can't really fault him for that. Not everyone was born with the talent of Nicky Winmar.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

The only reason he was rookied this year was to see out his contract. We've seen the last of him. Personally I like his attitude, he just can't back it up in the seniors.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
rexy
SS Life Member

From what I saw on Saturday I would say Winmar would be in front of Eddy for a run in the seniors should we need another mid? Don't like the chances of Eddy or Mini surviving the first Pelchen cull IMO!

Maybe this year?
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

AFL is a tough business. We cannot hang on to favourites just because they are favourites. We have to look ahead to see what they can give us over the next couple of years and make judgements accordingly.

I think both Mini and Eddy have reached their peaks in terms of value to the team, and have begun the slide downwards. The list has to be turned over reguarly to ensure we retain a prominent position on the ladder, and there are plenty of players their size.

If either were 200cm+, they'd be retained. The harsh reality of football.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:We say it as we see it Gringo.

We're the wisest heads going round.

8-)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

evertonfc wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:We say it as we see it Gringo.

We're the wisest heads going round.

8-)
I was trying to be modest......

It's not easy when you are as intelligent and talented as I am.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

:shock:

Badlands
Club Player

Rob Eddy got picked regularly because Ross knew he was going to extract 100% effort from him every time he took the field. If the same could be said for 22 other listed players blessed with greater natural footballing talent, Eddy would never have got a look-in. I don't think we'll see him take the field for the Saints again, but I respect what he's already achieved.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.