Do we need a donation drive?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sam23
SS Life Member

Do we need a donation drive?

I love the hard work the mods put on here and I'm more of a reader then a poster (#7 member of all time :), so that explains the high post rate)

But lately this site has been struggling in a big way.

Often doesn't load.

Often double posts

Very slow at times

Like tonight, sometimes posts threads twice/three times/ten times

Do we need to chip in some money too improve the server a bit? Because I don't want it crashing again, and me possibly losing my status as the #7 member ever :p, I love lenny.

Goddard.
battye
Saintsational Legend

I haven't noticed the slow speeds myself, but that could be the time difference as I'd normally miss the peak periods by a few hours. I have noticed the double posts so I don't doubt there is a problem.

We will need to do another donation drive before the end of the year, the funds that were raised a few years ago have finally run out. The current webhost gave all of their clients (including us) a few months extra for free as a result of the incredible amount of downtime that we experienced earlier this year. So that means we have until about January or February to figure out whether we should stay with the current host (either on the same package or an upgraded one if the slow load times persist) or move to a different host (the size of the database is a major consideration for a similar reason to why it is difficult to update to a newer forum software).

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Never fear for we have so many new quality contributors who will all donate big coin. Pffft I bet I know who it will all be left to.

But we'll raise it, guaranteed. In return, please bring in a system that identifies the trolls ip's and permanently bans them. Way too many lately

Sam23
SS Life Member

It took this thread around 30 minutes to post and it posted twice haha.

Goddard.
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

How much can i get for sandy duncan's glass eye ?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

how about a private area for saints members???