Gold Coast Function and get togethers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Hope the Liars bar is open late. A mate of mines wife went last week to the Collingwood game and took just under 2 hours to get back to broadbeach because there just werent enough buses. Is there any other way. I was thinking of going to Royal Pines and call a cab. Is that a good idea?
Not any more... :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ando051
Club Player

What time is everyone getting to mermaid beach lifesaving club. I was thinking a heap of us could jump into a taxi bus. $44 bucks yesterday to get to broad beach from airport.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I have young kids so won't be at any bars pre-game( I don't drink anymore anyway!)
Always get to Metricon by 5 on gameday - Auskick have activities for the kids behind the main scoreboard at northern end.

Any SAINTERS who see me, feel free to yell out! I'm a tall lanky streak of s***, with shaved head and grey goatee. Will be wearing my Saints jumper - an older mortgage homes one with sigs on the front. Also be wearing my denim shorts, runners and San Francisco Giants cap(black and orange)

Will be with missus and two young kids. Just yell out Stevie or Macca and I'll be happy to have a chat!

Saint Pup
Club Player

Any saints up in surfers tonight that are having a beer tonight? The misses and myself need sone drinking partners.

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
saint tash
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:Bev, Roughly how much is it from Surfers to the Airport early morning?

One of my mates who went up for the GC v Pies game last week said it was about $50? just confirming as he is a pies fan, so i have very little trust in him

So let me try and understand this Dools. He is a mate, ok a mate but because he is a pies fan u dont trust him? Crikeys.

Do u have a girlfriend? No. I thought as much..... 8-)

Oh when the saints go charging in!
saint tash
Club Player

Oh and just letting u know it is mid strength bevo's all round. Outside the ground at the Mid Bar and all throughout the ground.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Saint Pup
Club Player

Anyone keen for a beer?

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Hope the Liars bar is open late. A mate of mines wife went last week to the Collingwood game and took just under 2 hours to get back to broadbeach because there just werent enough buses. Is there any other way. I was thinking of going to Royal Pines and call a cab. Is that a good idea?
Yes, Liars Bar is open very late, and yes getting away from Metricon can tke time that is why I recommended not hanging around for a drink. Getting a taxi is a nightmare unless prebooked.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Zac Attack
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
I get to meet you all tonight. He/she/gt thinks this should be interesting.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I am told that the Liars Bar is quite old and a bit grubby. The Envy is a modern facility (2 yrs old) in the Broadbeach Mall, about 2 doors up from Mc Donalds, towards the beach. There "may be" a cover charge.

Regarding getting away from Metricon, it will be a nighmare for all. The buses are the best bet. The taxi rank will take forever. The Royal Pines Resort (10 min walk) does not encourage people using it for taxis, and may prevent "casuals" from doing so on what will be a busy night for taxis.

I am on the Coast now and this info. provided by a "local." The weather will be almost perfect for football tonight - mild, no wind, no rain, but no Riewoldt!

I trust that this helps. Go Saints :lol:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I am told that the Liars Bar is quite old and a bit grubby. The Envy is a modern facility (2 yrs old) in the Broadbeach Mall, about 2 doors up from Mc Donalds, towards the beach. There "may be" a cover charge.

Regarding getting away from Metricon, it will be a nighmare for all. The buses are the best bet. The taxi rank will take forever. The Royal Pines Resort (10 min walk) does not encourage people using it for taxis, and may prevent "casuals" from doing so on what will be a busy night for taxis.

I am on the Coast now and this info. provided by a "local." The weather will be almost perfect for football tonight - mild, no wind, no rain, but no Riewoldt!

I trust that this helps. Go Saints :lol:
I'm at home for this one JO but appreciate the weather forecast :)

ando051
Club Player

Ground was good for watching footy. I thought prices were bad at Ethiad until I got to Metricon Stadium. $9.50 for a scotch and coke and that was mid strength. I have never had a light scotch before. We had no problems at all with the buses. Great service for free. Hope we play up here again next year, we will be back up here like a shot. Maybe for a bit longer than 4 days.

ando051
Club Player

Ground was good for watching footy. I thought prices were bad at Ethiad until I got to Metricon Stadium. $9.50 for a scotch and coke and that was mid strength. I have never had a light scotch before. We had no problems at all with the buses. Great service for free. Hope we play up here again next year, we will be back up here like a shot. Maybe for a bit longer than 4 days.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no trouble with emerald lakes golf club bev...plenty of sainters there too...we just pre booked there for a meal...rocked up at 5,30 parked the car....gate guy had a list of names....had a great pizza then ambled over to the ground...great view level two row b...great stadium...pity about the game...but a win is a win is a win....throw in a weeks holiday, with a couple of days on the beach with no arseholes to annoy me.....what more could you want??.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

thinking of buying a unit up there too......for the winter months... :wink:
Last edited by stinger on Thu 04 Aug 2011 4:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:no trouble with emerald lakes golf club bev...plenty of sainters there too...we just pre booked there for a meal...rocked up at 5,30 parked the car....gate guy had a list of names....had a great pizza then ambled over to the ground...great view level two row b...great stadium...pity about the game...but a win is a win is a win....throw in a weeks holiday, with a couple of days on the beach with no arseholes to annoy me.....what more could you want??.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

thinking of buying a unit up there too......
Go ahead that would be great. Hopefully it doesnt have the internet so arseholes dont annoy you and better still ........................................ us.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:no trouble with emerald lakes golf club bev...plenty of sainters there too...we just pre booked there for a meal...rocked up at 5,30 parked the car....gate guy had a list of names....had a great pizza then ambled over to the ground...great view level two row b...great stadium...pity about the game...but a win is a win is a win....throw in a weeks holiday, with a couple of days on the beach with no arseholes to annoy me.....what more could you want??.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go ahead that would be great. Hopefully it doesnt have the internet so arseholes dont annoy you and better still ........................................ us.
I have to say, you two do appear to get to the same places at the same time quite a lot...

It's like you are married, it would explain a lot....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have to say, you two do appear to get to the same places at the same time quite a lot...

have a look at his posts mate....the guy stalks me...with attempted put downs....i never reply to him...haven't for months since he bragged on here about rooting my missus.....of course he has never met either of us...he had his chance at the melbourne game...he had tickets to the same function...but wimped out of course...my missus was going to rip him a new one too.... 8-) 8-)...sad case there....

anyway...the missus and i never even argue fwiw..... :lol: :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

have a look at his posts mate....the guy stalks me...with attempted put downs....i never reply to him...haven't for months since he bragged on here about rooting my missus.....of course he has never met either of us...he had his chance at the melbourne game...he had tickets to the same function...but wimped out of course...my missus was going to rip him a new one too.... 8-) 8-)...sad case there....

anyway...the missus and i never even argue fwiw..... :lol: :wink:
That is a disgraceful lie. I am going to sue you for defamation and i am also going to report you to mods for lying. I am disgusted by that comment. You make me sick.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:...great view level two row b...
Was that in front of the Virgin Lounge Sting?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gawd, i hope he does sue me..i have the posts bookmarked.....the missus wants a new car too.....