Who comes in for Zac & other team changes v/s Freo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintjake
Club Player

Should we make the finals we should Deffiently look to giving Mcevoy a rest for a week and Gards a farewell game. The young bloke has shouldered the load much of the year and a rest would do him wonders I think. Especially of he has to come up against big Mumford in week one.

Middo
Club Player

BigMart wrote:In
Baker, gardiner, blake, gallagher

Out
Lynch, armitage, mcevoy, steven
Side Splitting .... :lol: :lol:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Seeing Walsh get a game would absolutely bring the 'saintsational' house down… history says probably not but it would be pretty exciting.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintjake wrote:Should we make the finals we should Deffiently look to giving Mcevoy a rest for a week and Gards a farewell game. The young bloke has shouldered the load much of the year and a rest would do him wonders I think. Especially of he has to come up against big Mumford in week one.
Don't forget the two byes we've had during the season and the game/s he was dropped from earlier in the year. And a rest might have the opposite effect. Until he starts to play poorly (if he does at all) then I say don't rest him. Obviously injuries come into it as well.

If Gardy was going to play a farewell game you would have thought it would be against the Suns. From here on out our run home is tough, we can't make any unnecessary changes.

mohannair
Club Player

Anyone knows if the "walking lamp post" will be playing for the Dockers.

Last week J Griffin pulled out last minutes & that left Z Clarke to ruck by himself.

But if the lamp post is not expected then we can give Ben a rest & get Gardi to ruck though he did not have a good game against the Werribee, however he did O.K. the week before.

Superboot
SS Life Member

mohannair wrote:Anyone knows if the "walking lamp post" will be playing for the Dockers.

Last week J Griffin pulled out last minutes & that left Z Clarke to ruck by himself.

But if the lamp post is not expected then we can give Ben a rest & get Gardi to ruck though he did not have a good game against the Werribee, however he did O.K. the week before.
Blake has a 100% record against the Lamp Post.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:Anyone knows if the "walking lamp post" will be playing for the Dockers.

From their injury list as of Aug 1st
"Aaron Sandilands- toe: 1-2 weeks"

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

BigMart wrote:I dont BS...

I only state FACTS
Ant the fact is.. YOU'RE A TOSSER!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mohannair
Club Player

dragit wrote:

From their injury list as of Aug 1st
"Aaron Sandilands- toe: 1-2 weeks"
Thanks dragit,

So he will not play, also they have another couple of good players out, Mane, Palmer, Hayden etc. But should not underestimate them as we did against the Suns.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Who underestimated the Suns?
Given what Hawthorn did to Freo on their own dungheap last week (especially until the heavy rain evened things up) and how easily we beat Freo earlier in the season, I expect this week will be an easier game than last week was. That's just being honest, not "underestimating" them. And considering we won reasonably comfortably without Roo last week I would be very comfortable with us giving one or two, who are in need of a break, a week to freshen up this week.
If we're not good enough to beat an injury ravaged Freo, who are coming off a 6 day break, on our own home ground, without another one or two of our best 22, then we need not worry about the finals, as we won't be going too far in them.
This is surely our best week to rest one or two who need it, otherwise fresher and less injured Geelong or Collingwood would probably rip us to shreads if we got that far in the finals.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Correct, we are playing the bye this week.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I reckon it'll be Simpkin to come in this week.

I'd suspect for various reasons Walsh isn't considered ready to play in the big league. However, he may get a call up if we have yet another injury (fingers cross we don't) or Ross decides to rest a handful of players towards the end of the season if we happen to consolidate a place in the finals.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

The big question is…
Who will play on the rampaging john anthony?
This guy was tearing sheet apart last week with 2 marks and 5 kicks,
Could this be a job for T-Walsh?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

gees I'd love Walshy to play...

mohannair
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Who underestimated the Suns?
Given what Hawthorn did to Freo on their own dungheap last week (especially until the heavy rain evened things up) and how easily we beat Freo earlier in the season, I expect this week will be an easier game than last week was. That's just being honest, not "underestimating" them. And considering we won reasonably comfortably without Roo last week I would be very comfortable with us giving one or two, who are in need of a break, a week to freshen up this week.
If we're not good enough to beat an injury ravaged Freo, who are coming off a 6 day break, on our own home ground, without another one or two of our best 22, then we need not worry about the finals, as we won't be going too far in them.
This is surely our best week to rest one or two who need it, otherwise fresher and less injured Geelong or Collingwood would probably rip us to shreads if we got that far in the finals.
Gee, APS I like your confidence.

Hope we come with a good win & set up a mouth watering clash with Pies the following week.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I see 3 scenarios.
Reiwoldt for Dawson, Lynch goes to half back
Reiwoldt and Blake for Dawson and Lynch RL sticks too a trusted defender.
Reiwoldt and Walsh for Dawson and Lynch, Walsh wins for his consistant good performances at Sandy.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Bardon Saint
Club Player

I'd like to see:
In Roo, Walsh

Out Dawson, Geary

What will probably happen:
In Roo

Out Dawson