Long time stalker, 1st time poster

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Carpet_Snake
Club Player

Long time stalker, 1st time poster

Jack Steven: Breaking the lines, working the clearances, kicking for goal on the run and his disposal can either be terrible or excellent, that's what makes him exciting.

Big Ben: Contested marking, his workrate around the ground, and whether he's going to get 30 hitouts or 3.

Raph: Running into packs at full stretch, and of course his rebound out of the backline which lately has been excellent.

What players do you look forward to seeing play and why?

Love you Lenny
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stop posting positive, encouraging, optimistic posts Mr Snake, otherwise you wont fit in at all well on here :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm really REALLY enjoying Polo and Gamble improve.

The former is tough as teak.

The latter is bit by bit assuming the kind of accountability expected of a bloke in his role at our club.

I know it ain't de rigeur to take delight in the efforts of the recycleds over the development of more youthful options, but a la Cadel Evans I really enjoy watching 'all but washed up' guys grab a chance and have a real dip at taking it. I hope they continue upwards and onwards.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I'm really REALLY enjoying Polo and Gamble improve.

The latter is bit by bit assuming the kind of accountability expected of a bloke in his role at our club.

I know it ain't de rigeur to take delight in the efforts of the recycleds over the development of more youthful options, but a la Cadel Evans I really enjoy watching 'all but washed up' guys grab a chance and have a real dip at taking it. I hope they continue upwards and onwards.
And I'm really enjoying Peakie's totally unexpected resurgence :D

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

That's old news Doc!

Yes, Peakey's been great. Got a bit of anger in the gut. Watch him kick the first last weekend. Crazy eyes. Love it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

yes to all that plus Gram kicking the bloody thing we all know he can, and Raph stringing together some good games (and being singled out by Rossy in yesterdays presser for praise).

Polo
Gamble
Peake
Gram
Raph.

Peake, Raph and gram were all dropped earlier this season. When they were brought back, I said this was probably make or break, dropped again and they were probably finished as AFL footballers.

All three have shown they are capable and are playing possibly their best football every, certainly Raph and Peake are.

I like what I am seeing with Gamble and Polo as well.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The_Carpet_Snake
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Stop posting positive, encouraging, optimistic posts Mr Snake, otherwise you wont fit in at all well on here :wink:
yeah sorry, ummmm back... off ...man, or i'll call you out at games and ummmm trade goddard for a second round pick to GWS, he's a rubbish player

Love you Lenny
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Stop posting positive, encouraging, optimistic posts Mr Snake, otherwise you wont fit in at all well on here :wink:
Show some respect Joffa.... :P

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Let's just hope he hasn't hit his Peake... :P

They walk amongst us...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Let's just hope he hasn't hit his Peake... :P
Nah, I reckon he’s still a few Sherpas short of the Summit :wink:

SunburySaint
Club Player

Is this still Saintsational??? :P

All this positivity is confusing.... 8-)

But yes.... To have a positive discussion around our so called " lesser likes " is great to see. I for one think that our bottom 6 have improved dramatically this year. Or they have changed and I'm none the wiser due to my blindness :?:

Now lives in Geelong...
Rosco
Club Player

i'd just love to see roo kick 5+ and not put any into the man on the mark

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Milney

every time he gets near the ball i get excited.

by far, the most underrated player in the AFL.

if it wasn't for him i doubt we would be talking or thinking about Finals at the moment.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Milney

if it wasn't for him i doubt we would be talking or thinking about Finals at the moment.
yep....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Have loved Clint Jones of late, I think he's back to his very best form.

Steven is terrific, love watching him go about it.

Dempster has been fantastic too and I've really enjoyed watching him. Unbelievably tough.

Those are the 3 who might not be household names but whose footy I've really enjoyed watching this year.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Milney

was lookng last night at the rce for Coleman and realised he is only 6 goals behind the ' amazing Cloke' and maybe that is why some of the media are finally on his bandwagon.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Really loved the few games Siposs put in this year. Where the hell is he? Is he injured? Hope so, cause he deserved to keep playing.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I love all of the above "heartening" perspectives.

Does that mean we are now a chance for the flag :?: :?:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Really loved the few games Siposs put in this year. Where the hell is he? Is he injured? Hope so, cause he deserved to keep playing.
shin splints..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Your lack of knowledge on footy is only surpassed by your no knowledge of cycling. Cadel was World Champion last year, won a handful of major races in Europe before the tour and was always a favourite for the tour.

Polo and Gamble are very ordinary footballers, always have been and always will be.

Jack and Ben are part of our future, we need more of this young blood, not recycled nobodies.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Tell us what you really think...Lol

saintjake
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Your lack of knowledge on footy is only surpassed by your no knowledge of cycling. Cadel was World Champion last year, won a handful of major races in Europe before the tour and was always a favourite for the tour.

Polo and Gamble are very ordinary footballers, always have been and always will be.

Jack and Ben are part of our future, we need more of this young blood, not recycled nobodies.
Go Crawl back in the cave you came from. Finally there is a positive post about our players and you again take it to shoot down someones opinion like you are some sort of king or something around here. Piss off you big oaf.

The_Carpet_Snake
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Do we need the nastiness? Don't you go for the same team? I don't like keyboard warriors that project their problems on other people.

Love you Lenny
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

You are contorting my sentiments to suit your own anger. Why you are doing that is your problem. Friendlessness comes to mind. Or you may well be drunk. Whatever.

To be more succinct for you:

Polo and Gamble are busting their arses to be in the ones. Anyone who watches the games could plainly see that. No, they are not the most gifted, but it's their effort that I find impressive, and it's an opinion that is n ot only valid but one to which I'm perfectly entitled. Personally I thought my original post made it abundantly clear.

As for Cadel, for the guy to haul himself up from the disappointment of recent Tours to have a) the twelve or so months he has and b) to show the kind of steel required to climb cycling's biggest mountain when PLENTY thought him incapable of mounting the kinds of 'in the moment' challenges required (ie his solo effort in the mountains) was frankly extraordinary. It is not beyond the pale to use him as an example for people who achieve beyond expectations. Or would you prefer I simply stick to Lazarus or Cinderella?

And in future: the use of 'xxxx' around a set of words is often an indication that the writer is describing things figuratively.

Now go get a needle, whack it in your Kosi voodoo doll, then toddle off to bed with a Horlicks.

Note also the use of the word 'improve'.

Note also Contador was 'a' favourite. So was Schleck. Fat lot of good it did them.

Sweet jesus...

saint tash
Club Player

Re: Long time stalker, 1st time poster

The_Carpet_Snake wrote:Jack Steven: Breaking the lines, working the clearances, kicking for goal on the run and his disposal can either be terrible or excellent, that's what makes him exciting.

Big Ben: Contested marking, his workrate around the ground, and whether he's going to get 30 hitouts or 3.

Raph: Running into packs at full stretch, and of course his rebound out of the backline which lately has been excellent.

What players do you look forward to seeing play and why?
I'd rather hear from your brother "The Trouser Snake". :P

Oh when the saints go charging in!