I love Ross, But..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Still have a feeling McEvoy may be a late out, and Blake may play in the ruck against Kepler.
Why?
He looks sore, even a bit injured late against the Suns.

Has Jolly, Mummy and Goldstein in the coming weeks....just a feeling.

Happy to be wrong.
Well be happy. Every player looks sore after a game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
SainterK wrote:Still have a feeling McEvoy may be a late out, and Blake may play in the ruck against Kepler.
I've already made mention of that in another thread, you copy cat.
I am not a copy cat, not intentionally anyway :wink:

Didn't see that comment, I agree with you then.

Just seeing the Freo ins, and Blake coming in, made me suspicious.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I don't think that Posters are putting Ross down, but the rising questions are - (i) when will Walsh get a game? & (ii) why isn't he getting a game, as it appears that his form has been good at Sandy? With Zac out this week, Walsh seems like a good match for the position.

Walsh has been with us for 4 years now. If he is "not good enough," I am ok with that. My question is, why haven't we tried him and what does it take for the timing to be right?

It just seems odd that several other young guys have been given an opportunity this year and Walsh has been playing well, yet can't get a game.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I don't think that Posters are putting Ross down, but the rising questions are - (i) when will Walsh get a game? & (ii) why isn't he getting a game, as it appears that his form has been good at Sandy? With Zac out this week, Walsh seems like a good match for the position.

Walsh has been with us for 4 years now. If he is "not good enough," I am ok with that. My question is, why haven't we tried him and what does it take for the timing to be right?

It just seems odd that several other young guys have been given an opportunity this year and Walsh has been playing well, yet can't get a game.
"In October 2009, Walsh finally agreed to sign a 2 year AFL contract in 2009, with St Kilda general manager Matthew Drain saying that "he has enormous talent to become an important player for St Kilda"

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:
Walsh has been with us for 4 years now.
This is his second season. He has yet to play 30 games of Australian Rules.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Thanks for the correction Joffa :
I pushed the wrong key and didn't check it before posting! I am not comfortable confusing things on matters of fact.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

The second most successful coach of St Kilda is??

People need to take the rose coloured glasses off when it comes to Walsh and Stanley - they may become champions but they are at best good players for Sandy - who are pretty average.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bowey Boy wrote:The second most successful coach of St Kilda is??

People need to take the rose coloured glasses off when it comes to Walsh and Stanley - they may become champions but they are at best good players for Sandy - who are pretty average.
yep...but they could play a lot better surrounded by guys who can actually play football.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Thanks for the correction Joffa :
I pushed the wrong key and didn't check it before posting! I am not comfortable confusing things on matters of fact.
Cool no worries, thought you may have seen the facetious post on this thread earlier about Walsh's four year apprenticeship.

Walsh could be a very good player for us. Came to us as a forward, was sent down back last season and this to learn the game, and has been again pushed forward.

Looking like they are grooming him where they origonally wanted him, up forward.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:So even after playing more first gamers than anyone apart from Gold Coast we still have people whinging and whining :roll:

Considering lyon watches the games every week, go to all training, and knows what the team needs more than some internet armchair experts, I put my faith in Ross.

Blake is a far better backman than Walsh, and is also more versatile.

Walsh is nothing special.
Stop talking sense!

We've won 5 in a row.

The wheels gave come off.

Hallalj#3
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Why?

Happy to be wrong.

Not every player is limping pretty badly though..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Why?

Happy to be wrong.

A hell of a lot are though.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
fingers wrote:...Why would Walsh get a game this week when we are battling for a spot in the 8? This is hardly the time to experiment.
Too obvious.
I'm not sure what that means?

bozza1980
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:So even after playing more first gamers than anyone apart from Gold Coast we still have people whinging and whining :roll:

Considering lyon watches the games every week, go to all training, and knows what the team needs more than some internet armchair experts, I put my faith in Ross.

C'mon, how can the man who's job it is to know the capabilities, fitness, attitude and performance level of these players know more than us who watch St Kilda play on the weekend and read Sandringham's best every week??

Every other club has shown a greater respect for youth, one of them even played more debutants than us.

Completely gutless of Ross to continue selecting the side he thinks gives our club the best chance of winning football games on the weekend.

Ridiculous!!

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Lyon talks about "Integrity with Selection" but that surely is just a crock of shyte reeking hypocrisy.

"Integrity with selection"

PERLEEEEEEEEEEZE

What a total load of bollocks!
You just love bagging don't you, first it was GT and the board, now they're gone you just move on to the next lot. Blake was the obvious replacement for Dawson, Walsh is going to be a player but in every game I have seen him play for Sandy, he still gives away too many free kicks and turns it over under pressure. He still needs a lot more time to develop his skills and reading of the game. We are in a precarious position and surely our first goal is to make finals not experiment

stinger
Saintsational Legend

yep...granted...ross knows more about footy than all of us...all coaches do.....that's why they get the gig in the first place.....none of them are above being out of touch though at some stage of their careers... or incompetent......that's why they get the sack......craig, bailey anybody???...

..ross never played the kids.....well not until this year....a fair few on here bagged him for that...as did the press...and the club was getting jumpy.......that's why i have a sneaking suspicion that a few got a game this year....not for long though...apart from armo and jack.....but then...what were the options.....i have a certain amount of respect for ross...but he is conservative in his selections...just like his former boss.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Hallalj#3
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Why?

Happy to be wrong.
yeah nah there not.. Most walk off comfortably, the next day might be different..

A hell of a lot are though.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

No Joffa that's crap. YOU MUST PLAY WALSH

**cue sarcasm music** :roll: :roll:

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Which of these "kids" actually DESERVE a game?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

In Ross we trust

villasaint
Club Player

Ross knows best that's for sure. Must say I can't wait for Walsh to get a game as he will be a player. Sad to see some supporters writing him off before he has even played a game.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Ross is the messiah

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:yep...granted...ross knows more about footy than all of us...all coaches do.....that's why they get the gig in the first place.....none of them are above being out of touch though at some stage of their careers... or incompetent......that's why they get the sack......craig, bailey anybody???...

Except of course when the coach/buffoon happens to appoint himself

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Bowey Boy wrote:The second most successful coach of St Kilda is??

yep...but they could play a lot better surrounded by guys who can actually play football.....
Precisely, many instances of players unable to get a touch at VFL level but suddenly given an opportunity surrounded by guns at AFL level and they flourish.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm absolutely astonished.

Where's the outrage for the 'dropping' of Lynch?
Surely Roo coulfd have played FB in place of the suspended Zac?