Why only we get the rough end of the pineapple?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Mackaysaint's Rumour

Leo.J wrote:What did the medical report say? MRP is very inconsistent... The problem is that Zac's previous record contributed to this decision, and from memory they were just as random, and unjust. The inconsitency compounds. The system is shite, like so much in the AFL atm.
What are things that are so shite with the AFL at the moment. Certainly the game isnt. Probably going as well as it ever has part from lop sided results lately. More how it is played IMO.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:
Leo.J wrote:What did the medical report say?
Has nothing to do with anything in this case, and rightly so...

What he did was silly and illegal and he got his fair whack, medical report or not, free kick or not...

I understand that some on here think Roo got unfairly outed due to the medical report (which I dont think is the case), and if this were the case we are lucky he only got away with missing 1 week, cos the Crows player is now out for the rest of the year with a broken jaw...
Why is the medical report irrelevant in this case? It's been used to determine force in other cases all year. Why is this any different?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Leo.J wrote:What did the medical report say?
Has nothing to do with anything in this case, and rightly so...

What he did was silly and illegal and he got his fair whack, medical report or not, free kick or not...

I understand that some on here think Roo got unfairly outed due to the medical report (which I dont think is the case), and if this were the case we are lucky he only got away with missing 1 week, cos the Crows player is now out for the rest of the year with a broken jaw...
Why is the medical report irrelevant in this case? It's been used to determine force in other cases all year. Why is this any different?
It is used to determine the impact and that is why he got low impact. Dont confuse not enough force and a medical report to decide the impact once a charge has been laid. There have been plenty of suspensions because of low impact this year. Surely that isnt hard to understand.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

How do Chappy and Brown not get sighted then? There was no doubt they made intentional contact with low impact?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:How do Chappy and Brown not get sighted then? There was no doubt they made intentional contact with low impact?
Chapmans was a nothing at all and Brown made a much better attempt to at least try and punch the ball than Zac. Cant compare those 2. Zac deserved what he got. He has to be smarter than that if possible. Not sure it is though.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:How do Chappy and Brown not get sighted then? There was no doubt they made intentional contact with low impact?
Chapmans was a nothing at all and Brown made a much better attempt to at least try and punch the ball than Zac. Cant compare those 2. Zac deserved what he got. He has to be smarter than that if possible. Not sure it is though.
Dunn clearly hit Chapman with a punch to the tummy that seemed far more excessive than Gehrig's 2 week love tap to Cloke.

Baker got weeks for an 'attempted strike' which I assume no longer exists in this MRP era because it obviously doesn't have the force required to constitute a 'strike'.

Is that correct plugger - no more reports for attempted striking?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Zac was probably closer to hitting the ball than Campbell was.
In reality, neither should have gone as there was clearly not enough force in either one to constitute a strike. If anything Brown took more of a swing at Kosi than Zac did at Fraser.

The major thing that is wrong with the current system is there is not enough disparity between negligent and intentional conduct.

How Ottens and Riewoldt wound up with the same penalty beggars belief. Intentional conduct should not have any reduction for an early plea applied. If a player deliberately goes out to cause illegal harm to a player then they either accept the penalty as is or fight it. Record should, however, count to loading (good and bad)
Negligent conduct should attract a reduced loading.

The 1, 2, 3 weighting system is not broad enough. Maybe 1, 2, 4 or 1/2 , 2, 4 would be more appropriate.

The AFL should use the Riewoldt and Ottens example to tweak the system for next season.
In reality Roo should have received a reprimand and Ottens two weeks.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dunn clearly hit Chapman with a punch to the tummy that seemed far more excessive than Gehrig's 2 week love tap to Cloke.

Baker got weeks for an 'attempted strike' which I assume no longer exists in this MRP era because it obviously doesn't have the force required to constitute a 'strike'.

Is that correct plugger - no more reports for attempted striking?
There isnt many for attempted striking but there was one a couple of years back. Cant remember the players name. Gehrig wouldnt have gone now but bring it up anyway just to show we get the raw end of the deal. Dont worry that every other footy forum thinks the same of their club. What any of this has to do with what Zac did I escapes me. Maybe it is just our club being screwed again.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I'm actually relieved he got only 1 week and not 3 weeks.

I say we take this one on the chin and look forward to facing Freo.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
mohannair
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:I'm actually relieved he got only 1 week and not 3 weeks.

I say we take this one on the chin and look forward to facing Freo.
I agree Sainternist, but why the others when do the same like our players get away with it.

Brown & Roberton did excatly what Zac did & got away, now Brown has got no clean record but still got away.

Brad Ottens did some big hit behind play & gets only a week, Roey hit Symes (due to his size difference) & with a clean record got rubbed out for a week.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Brown was Kosi's arms length away from the ball... If you believe that he was trying to spoil the ball, you are most probably on medication.

While I thought Zac's was a bad attempt to spoil, his fist only missed the ball bya few inches, as it was his elbow that hit Fraser's head.

Fraser didn't appear to be injured, Kosi appeared to be more shaken by the punch to the face he recieved.

I'm not suprised Zac went, but again the inconsistencies of the MRP is almost unbelievable.

The reason it's not unbelievable is that it is run by the AFL.

And again I'm not suprised that Plugger the umpire is agreeing with the AFL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:Brown was Kosi's arms length away from the ball... If you believe that he was trying to spoil the ball, you are most probably on medication.

While I thought Zac's was a bad attempt to spoil, his fist only missed the ball bya few inches, as it was his elbow that hit Fraser's head.

Fraser didn't appear to be injured, Kosi appeared to be more shaken by the punch to the face he recieved.

I'm not suprised Zac went, but again the inconsistencies of the MRP is almost unbelievable.

What has an umpire got to do with MRP. Still havent seen all your other faults of the AFL. Pretty lucky you dont follow Soccer, Basketball, NRL or Rugby in Australia. We are just unlucky or picked ont. It is obvious. No other club would think they get picked on. Talking of medication, have you had your today as you need to calm down.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Leo.J wrote:Brown was Kosi's arms length away from the ball... If you believe that he was trying to spoil the ball, you are most probably on medication.

What has an umpire got to do with MRP. Still havent seen all your other faults of the AFL. Pretty lucky you dont follow Soccer, Basketball, NRL or Rugby in Australia. We are just unlucky or picked ont. It is obvious. No other club would think they get picked on. Talking of medication, have you had your today as you need to calm down.
The umpire thing makes sense as you support the establishment in every discussion.

Umpiring, the Fixture, 3rd party deals, the bump, Anzac day, The price of finals tickets, the corporatization (spelling) of the GF, thats just a few to get you started.

Regarding medication, I'm off the grog during the week, so maybe I am a little bit cranky.

AlpineStars
Club Player

So by not charging Brown the AFL are saying its okay to punch someone in the head if your trying to spoil????????

I am farking confused.

Wake me up when September ends.
Leo.J
SS Life Member

AlpineStars wrote:So by not charging Brown the AFL are saying its okay to punch someone in the head if your trying to spoil????????

I am farking confused.
Me too.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

LLS - I like your more sensible loading idea but I fear it is too clever for the AFL, and probably too hard for Anderson to comprehend.

mohannair
Club Player

I had started this topic last week but had to write more today after seeing the match review panels report.

McPhee getting one week & Adam Goodes not even getting a reprimand really sucks.

This puts more to believe that we are really singled out here, watch out next few weeks we will cop more suspension if we even touch any opponents.

Sorry guys had to vent my furstration hence thought of writing something.

:cry: :cry:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:I had started this topic last week but had to write more today after seeing the match review panels report.

McPhee getting one week & Adam Goodes not even getting a reprimand really sucks.

This puts more to believe that we are really singled out here, watch out next few weeks we will cop more suspension if we even touch any opponents.

If Goodes went for what he did the system would really be stuffed.

mohannair
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
mohannair wrote:I had started this topic last week but had to write more today after seeing the match review panels report.

Plugger ,Goodes had 66 carryover points so should have got atleast a week. (my opinion)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plugger ,Goodes had 66 carryover points so should have got atleast a week. (my opinion)
What for? Hitting a guy in the upper chest. When has that been a problem?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

mmmm.... pineapple.

mohannair
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
mohannair wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What for? Hitting a guy in the upper chest. When has that been a problem?
Sorry Plugger may be I did not see it correctly. Do you agree that McPhee should have got more than a week even Robbo twitted that he was surprised that he got only a week.