Saints are $6.80 on Fridee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saints are $6.80 on Fridee

Is that a good bet? Say a lazy 100 large?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints are $6.80 on Fridee

Cairnsman wrote:Is that a good bet? Say a lazy 100 large?
Not for you, you've said we have no chance…

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

What would be the $ amount for you to place money on us this week?
For me it would be $9.
If we played them 27 weeks in a row I think we would win three.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Not for you, you've said we have no chance…
We don't but I don't know if I'm on my own but I've always put a decent wager on the boys when we look like dead ducks. It always makes for a better build up to the game and you should see the aftermath if they come home.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Drop a thousand then…
I think we'll win, you can shout me a bottle of moet if you collect…

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Mind you, I use the orifice rather than the oracle…

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I say go for it. If you lose it you can just dock your deckhands like you usually do.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint_winston
Club Player

hold on to the hard earned lads. realistically we all know we have no chance of beating them this fri night. i would be more than happy to see any blokes with a niggle here or there rested this fri night, take our medicine and then move onto the swannies fit and ready to win the game that will decide whether we get a home final. hate them as we do, they are simply a machine that malthouse flicks the swich to every weekend and then basically just sits back for a couple of hours and enjoys the show. 6.80 is unders in my book

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saint_winston wrote:hold on to the hard earned lads. realistically we all know we have no chance of beating them this fri night. i would be more than happy to see any blokes with a niggle here or there rested this fri night, take our medicine and then move onto the swannies fit and ready to win the game that will decide whether we get a home final. hate them as we do, they are simply a machine that malthouse flicks the swich to every weekend and then basically just sits back for a couple of hours and enjoys the show. 6.80 is unders in my book
Wow, who is your favourite pies player?
The problem with most trolls is that they tend to only comment on threads involving 'their' side… 90% of yours give your stink away…
GF'd

saint tash
Club Player

dragit wrote:
saint_winston wrote:hold on to the hard earned lads. realistically we all know we have no chance of beating them this fri night. i would be more than happy to see any blokes with a niggle here or there rested this fri night, take our medicine and then move onto the swannies fit and ready to win the game that will decide whether we get a home final. hate them as we do, they are simply a machine that malthouse flicks the swich to every weekend and then basically just sits back for a couple of hours and enjoys the show. 6.80 is unders in my book
The problem with most trolls is that they tend to only comment on threads involving 'their' side… 90% of yours give your stink away…
GF'd
Be careful as Saint Winston might interpret the GF'd to mean Grand Final'd not Get F**ked. :wink:

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

If the Saints can't get close to Collingwood on Friday night, what's the point of worrying about a home final?

If we can't compete this week, we can't compete full stop.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:
dragit wrote:
GF'd
Be careful as Saint Winston might interpret the GF'd to mean Grand Final'd not Get F**ked. :wink:
Wink wink ey?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
If the Saints can't get close to Collingwood on Friday night, what's the point of worrying about a home final?

Give that man a lolipop. A very realistic view on where it's at. All this talk about us being flag contenders is interesting.

Bring on 2012.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Cairnsman wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Give that man a lolipop. A very realistic view on where it's at. All this talk about us being flag contenders is interesting.

Bring on 2012.
So you don't think we can compete this week?

I agree that if we can't compete this week then we wont go deep into September/October, however I genuinely believe we can compete.

I hate the term 'honorable loss' but i think this week if we don't win but have an honorable loss then it gives hope for the finals.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:

Bring on 2012.
So you don't think we can compete this week?

I agree that if we can't compete this week then we wont go deep into September/October, however I genuinely believe we can compete.

I hate the term 'honorable loss' but i think this week if we don't win but have an honorable loss then it gives hope for the finals.
Yeah, I'm not saying we can't be competitive this Friday night - I'm saying that if it turns out that we aren't, then I think we're wasting our time worrying about where we finish.

We were beaten badly by Geelong, Collingwood and Hawthorn. So unless we show we've improved enough to get within a goal or two on Friday, the evidence suggests we're simply not good enough this year.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I have extreme doubts about our ability to defend like frenzied mosquitos THEN play on and run at every opportunity when we have the pill for four quarters .

I'm happy to be blown away with surprise - this group never cease to amaze with their ability to give effort - but it seems to me to be a massive ask.

Time will tell, I guess.

All that said, my hunch gland is very active. Something about us being due to take a scalp and off a full rehab week and them being due to drop one on the back of a wet AAMI game (however easy).

I'm not a betting man, but I've put a hunjie on us, by the way. Money and mouth now on the same page.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I have extreme doubts about our ability to defend like frenzied mosquitos THEN play on and run at every opportunity when we have the pill for four quarters .

I'm happy to be blown away with surprise - this group never cease to amaze with their ability to give effort - but it seems to me to be a massive ask.

Time will tell, I guess.

All that said, my hunch gland is very active. Something about us being due to take a scalp esp off a full rehab week and them being due to drop one on the back of a wet AAMI game (however easy).

I'm not a betting man, but I've put a hunjie on us, by the way. Money and mouth now on the same page.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I have extreme doubts about our ability to defend like frenzied mosquitos THEN play on and run at every opportunity when we have the pill for four quarters .

Time will tell, I guess.

All that said, my hunch gland is very active. Something about us being due to take a scalp esp off a full rehab week and them being due to drop one on the back of a wet AAMI game (however easy).

Only a hunjie? Come on man. Surely not all of your hard earned is going into your lavish coast lifestyle?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:I have extreme doubts about our ability to defend like frenzied mosquitos THEN play on and run at every opportunity when we have the pill for four quarters .

Time will tell, I guess.

Only a hunjie? Come on man. Surely not all of your hard earned is going into your lavish coast lifestyle?
After the coconut oil and the surfboard wax I've precious little left.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Time will tell, I guess.

I didn't think that surfboards bolted to the roof racks needed wax.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Time will tell, I guess.

Well I don't suppose they do. So what's your point?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Time will tell, I guess.

Well I don't suppose they do. So what's your point?
I'm suspicious the wax has nothing to do with a surfing.