Team vs Collingwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Rooey's in for a tough night on Ried, Maxwell, tarrant

Armo will play as a defensive hff and have a minor impact.....imo.

Count the defensively minded players in the team
I have 10

They only have to shut bj down and we will struggle...
It troubles me too. Mind you Kosi will attract one of those mentioned assuming Blake will be second ruck. Still...

There's gotta be a smokey move in there somewhere.

Maybe it's Gilbert or Fisher upfield? Clarke?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

And the pointer- Raph

Rosco
Club Player

don't think we can afford to, but having either fish or BJ in the fwd 50 with roo & kosi is the only way we can stop their talls from zoning off. pretty unlikely this will happen, i reckon.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Rooey's in for a tough night on Ried, Maxwell, tarrant

Armo will play as a defensive hff and have a minor impact.....imo.

Count the defensively minded players in the team
I have 10

They only have to shut bj down and we will struggle...
If Colonwood play all three of them on Roo and we go to him, then yes, we will struggle. But Roo will probably play deep. There's also Schneids, Milne and Kosi who could cause a bit of damage.

Saying Amo will have minor impact is very hard. You're just guessing.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I am hoping Tommy Walsh becomes a gun but why would you try him out for the first time against the best team in the comp at the moment? He will get a game when it looks like he has a spot and his form justifies it. So far the selection committee has got it right this year. regular games for three guys with minimal experience and experience for others.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:I am hoping Tommy Walsh becomes a gun but why would you try him out for the first time against the best team in the comp at the moment? He will get a game when it looks like he has a spot and his form justifies it. So far the selection committee has got it right this year. regular games for three guys with minimal experience and experience for others.
Totally agree. Remember when we played Lynch and Fletcher towelled him up- set him back months

happy feet
Club Player

League teams tonight

Did anyone catch Brian Taylor's little whinge on league teams tonight - I think he said Etihad was a strange choice of venue given the AFL's best fit policy.

I suppose evey Collingwood game should be played at the G and we should all be greatful for the fact the Eddie and his beloved club are just so wonderful.

Unreal. Let's hope the Colliwobbles kick in come September. Nothing nicer that seeing their complete arrogance come unstuck.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

gringo wrote:I am hoping Tommy Walsh becomes a gun but why would you try him out for the first time against the best team in the comp at the moment? He will get a game when it looks like he has a spot and his form justifies it. So far the selection committee has got it right this year. regular games for three guys with minimal experience and experience for others.
I agree, although it's interesting that they were willing to test Simpkin out against the league's best in his debut game earlier this year.

Either way, I think it's a real disappointment (and missed opportunity/mistake) that Tommy Walsh won't make his debut this year (most likely). It would be a massive shame to lose him next year; to get a proper game or two under his belt would've been a massive boost for him in terms of showing him where he needs to improve and so on.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Gilbo will play forward at least for a bit. The idea being that the Pies will respect his forward prowess based on the Grand Finals.

I strongly hope the idea isn't to play Blakey up there. The bloke is simply not a forward. He's a solid defender and very occasional stop-gap ruckman. That is all.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:Blake was impressive last week so happy to see him retained with Dawson thrown in.

Reckon Clarkeo will get a go on the wing/forward flank. I dreamt it last month.
Agreed with sentiments on Blake. I thought he was very effective last week. Glad to see him stay in to be honest.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I remember Blake being a fantastic kick for goal, or at least he used to be. One of those that kicks it straight as a dye.

PJ
SS Life Member

They iced his ankle up immediately...so i would say yes.
Have a look at Tuesday's wrap - Dave Misson clearly says no injury.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:I remember Blake being a fantastic kick for goal, or at least he used to be. One of those that kicks it straight as a dye.
that may or may not be true, but it's pretty hard to get the ball in st kilda's forward line unless you're riewoldt or milne.