Collingwood fans show their good sportsmanship.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mullet
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:Congrats to Kathy who just rang SEN to complain about the chanting.

I'm in Aisle 38 and could hear that chant directed toward Joey in the first quarter and fair and square it was coming from the mob directly behind the goals in the first 20 or so rows, so therefore from their cheer squad.

Wonder what dimwit will say about it in an upcoming segment on SEN? He'll put his head in the sand and say it's a great game we play and everyone is entitled to an opinion, blah, blah, blah
didnt even bring it up, even though they said they would

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Brought it up with Harry O.

What's he going to say?

They were going to talk to Andrew about it, and didn't.

Weak.

Even if they don't like Milne, or feel uncomfortable being a champion of sorts for him, the underlying issue is that it's anti social behaviour that chidren just shouldn't be exposed to.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The Moorabbin WIng was no better, not helped by Etihad decision not to have any Aisle attendants on L3 (or certainly none around the MW)

Time and again Bogan Pies fans would come and sit or stand at the top of the steps to 35 and abuse us...makes it easy when theres no stadium presence at all. TIme and again a patron who has paid to watch the game would have to go and find a security person to tell thses dills to go back to their seats.

For 3 quarters it went on, until security finally got the police to come sort it out. It was then that one of the ferals made a claim that one of our own (a lady who wont see middle age again...and Im sure she wouldnt mind me saying that) had slapped him. So because of this outrageous lie the police decide on reconcilation, explaining that not everyone gets on at football games, its hard when alcohol is served..blah blah blah..instead of just tossing the 3 ringleaders out

Oh and to top it all off..Policewoman admits shes a Pies fan!!!

The trouble now is that too many bogan Pies fans belive their own publicity..that they are the most feral oafish fans in the AFL..so they think that gives them licence to act like that

Theres some really decent Pies fans..I have numerous friends who are...but I didnt see too many of em last night...sadly the mob ruled

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mullet
Saintsational Legend

The trouble now is that too many bogan Pies fans belive their own publicity..that they are the most feral oafish fans in the AFL..so they think that gives them licence to act like that
This is it. They think they are excused from common courtesy. They won a grand final FFS they werent ordained

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:The Moorabbin WIng was no better, not helped by Etihad decision not to have any Aisle attendants on L3 (or certainly none around the MW)

Time and again Bogan Pies fans would come and sit or stand at the top of the steps to 35 and abuse us...makes it easy when theres no stadium presence at all. TIme and again a patron who has paid to watch the game would have to go and find a security person to tell thses dills to go back to their seats. 

For 3 quarters it went on, until security finally got the police to come sort it out. It was then that one of the ferals made a claim that one of our own (a lady who wont see middle age again...and Im sure she wouldnt mind me saying that) had slapped him. So because of this outrageous lie the police decide on reconcilation, explaining that not everyone gets on at football games, its hard when alcohol is served..blah blah blah..instead of just tossing the 3 ringleaders out

Theres some really decent Pies fans..I have numerous friends who are...but I didnt see too many of em last night...sadly the mob ruled
And of course Australia's First President Eddie continues to bury his head in the sand on the issue.

It's okay for him to feign outrage at a non controversial comment by a Saints supporter regarding Krakouer.

It's okay for him to comment on social issues confronting our nation.

But he happily let's this crap continue, all in the name of record memberships, profits and AFL dominance.

Greatest sporting team in the world? Put it back in your pants Fat Boy :roll:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:
ando051 wrote:
mullet wrote:What they were chanting last night was a disgrace. Could you imagine the uproar that would occur if the chant referred to someone's race? I cannot believe that nothing is being reported in the press over this. Dermott Brereton on SEN was disgusted last night. Our own "supporter" Mark Fine did all he could to say it wasnt the collingwood cheer squad then refused to discuss it with callers.

Eddie made such a big deal over the "borderline racist" remarks, this is far worse.
I heard Dermott and Finie after the game and Finie stated it was the supporters that stand behind the Cheers Squad in the standing room sections (Grog Squad). This has gone on long enough our President has to open his mouth here and stick up for Milniey or better still Eddie should tell his supporters to pull there head in.
Mark Fine was talking about the last quarter. He said he came down in the last quarter. In the first quarter the chant went up when Joey was going for goal. It came from the collingwood cheer squad. Mark Fine had this pointed out to him by a caller last night, but would not listen to them.

The chant in the first quarter was as loud as their collingwood chant. It came from the cheer squad.

Regardless of where it came from it is a disgrace and should be highlighted.

Mark Fine also said that Kosi was at fault for the hit he got from tarrant because he doesnt have the "vision" to protect himself. WTF
Well I think he is 100% right with the last call. I reckon Kosi was the only one at the stadium who didnt know that was coming. Highlighted later on when Milney was chasing someone and he picked obviously out of the corner of his eye that the was going to picked off legally so he moved at the last second to avoid it.
Kosi needs to grow eyes in the back of his head evidently.

Tarrant leapt from the ground and launched from a blind side.

If Kosi didn't bounce up, he'd be in significant trouble.

Unncecessary force. The idea is to shepherd, not destroy. And frankly excessive force in that situation is cowardly. It's the very definition of a cheap shot.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

People spoken to in our area by security - But as I saw it happening ( they had used the words after Milney kicked the goal-) I said they wont remove them as it was to close to end of game
Saints fans did also address these persons But.....
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 13 Aug 2011 1:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mullet
Saintsational Legend

I thought Tarrant was reported for it

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:What they were chanting last night was a disgrace. Could you imagine the uproar that would occur if the chant referred to someone's race? I cannot believe that nothing is being reported in the press over this. Dermott Brereton on SEN was disgusted last night. Our own "supporter" Mark Fine did all he could to say it wasnt the collingwood cheer squad then refused to discuss it with callers.

Eddie made such a big deal over the "borderline racist" remarks, this is far worse.
Mark Fine is an apologist - happy to pot his own club but wont go near Ed cause Marky boy knows his career would be limited.

Clown of the highest who speaks like a hill billy.

Turn him off everytime.

“Yeah….nah””
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

unfortunately all of this is enough to put one off from going to the game
just not prepared to be subjected (or my wife) to such low behaviour from feral p*ssheads
certainly not for the kids
i don't think alcohol helps and think it needs to be band at games
i know it's a minority blah blah but the fact is;
d*ckheads can't handle their drink and carry on too much
it's just not acceptable

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
georgie girl
Club Player

millarsaint wrote:unfortunately all of this is enough to put one off from going to the game
just not prepared to be subjected (or my wife) to such low behaviour from feral p*ssheads
certainly not for the kids
i don't think alcohol helps and think it needs to be band at games
i know it's a minority blah blah but the fact is;
d*ckheads can't handle their drink and carry on too much
it's just not acceptable
You are so right!
I live for the Saints and look forward so much to going to every game in Victoria.
On Friday night, I really felt that I didn't want to go. (I did go of course!). I can handle the thought of being beaten as I have watched the Saints in the years when we didn't win a game all season. But the thought of all those feral and arrogant supporters really dulled my usual enthusiasm and enjoyment in watching the Saints play.
My kids are older now but I would be concerned with the language and atmosphere if they were little again. The AFL need to be more pro-active in making this a family atmosphere once again.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:The Moorabbin WIng was no better, not helped by Etihad decision not to have any Aisle attendants on L3 (or certainly none around the MW)

Getting in someone's face is threatening behaviour and unacceptable. It's just a football game FFS. You would think they would be happy with the way they are going but it's just making them even more arrogant. If I was a Collingwood supporter, I would be ashamed the behaviour of some of these disgusting flogs.

The Collingwood flogs do not understand that the team you happen to follow is arbitrary and that common decency and respect has nothing to do with football but about being a decent human being.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sat 13 Aug 2011 3:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint tash
Club Player

I did warn all those concerned about Aisle 42. Seems it raised its ugly head again.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I've heard this isn't going away, expect it to be in the headlines.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It's funny. I stood with my in laws last night who are all pies fans. I also stood with my best mate who is mad saints fan. My in-laws are pretty vocal at the footy but even they were taken aback at how many d**khead pies supporters there were last night. I stood behind aisle 9. Wasn't till my mate inquired with this psychotic pies fan if he had turrets syndrome and even some pies fans started laughing did he quieten down. Just an angry abusive aggressive idiot who wanted to scream obscenities at any saints player as soon as they got near the ball. Backed up by his psycho family who looked like they wanted to fight anyone who barracked for the saints.

I know all supporters have idiot supporters. I go to many pies games b/c of the wife and daughter who barrack for the pies - but last night was different again. Why the hatred twds the saints? They beat us last year FFS. They used to be reasonably humble as self deprecating about their history I found. Now they are unbearable.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Some farktards in the men's toilet Level 3 Aisle 36 were abusing the crap about Kosi.

I've never snotted anyone, bar my bro as a kid, but was very tempted last night.

Bunch of arseholes.

EDIT: no wonder the rioting in England has settled a bit, they were all at Jihad!
Last edited by saintspremiers on Sat 13 Aug 2011 8:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Moods wrote:turrets syndrome
Is that where you turn in a circle firing random pot-shots at the people around you?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
Is that where you turn in a circle firing random pot-shots at the people around you?
Yes. That it's exactly.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Moods wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
Yes. That it's exactly.
Thought so.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
eel33
Club Player

If the AFL/Etihad wanted to get serious about stopping antisocial behaviour at the football, by identifying at least some of the participants, it wouldn't actually be that difficult.

1. There are security cameras covering the crowd in its entirety.
2. Last night's game was fully ticketed.
3. A good proportion of tickets are bought using credit cards.
4. Look back at the security tapes and identify at least some of the low-life idiots, or who bought their ticket for them.

Of course, security present and actually doing their job would be good. I find it laughable how quickly they identified two Bomber supporters near us on level 3 at the game last year who were sneaking drinks from cans of VB they had snuck in (took about 3 minutes for security to arrive and their removal), but won't tackle other more blatant abuses and behaviours.

ark
Club Player

Yep, I hated being around those supporters. I did get one back when one yelled out - "Hey Gilbert where's your girlfriend" I replied - "with Dayne Beams". It earned a laugh, even from some pies supporters.

Their hypocrisy and hubris is nauseating.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

For this reason I can't go to a Saints vs Filth game - in all honesty it upset's me.

I have been sexually assaulted and find the whole atmosphere uncomfortable and I find the abuse directed at Milne upsetting - I love the little tiprat.

The Mr and I took our 4yr old to the game vs Melb and it was a great atmosphere to introduce him to football ( he was shattered that Roo couldn't hear him screaming out his name) - no way would I ever take him to a game vs filth.

Watching on TV and seeing the cheersquad and the feral's, not only that but the children with the screaming ferals well hate breeds hate and right there is the future filth being trained by the best.

No one should feel intimidated by attending a sporting event and I don't care if you are blue, orange, short , tall, fat or ugly a code of behaviour must be followed and it's high time Eddie speaks out - but the sad thing is he won't and it will go on.

The Mrs

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Some farktards in the men's toilet Level 3 Aisle 36 were abusing the crap about Kosi.

I've never snotted anyone, bar my bro as a kid, but was very tempted last night.

Bunch of arseholes.

EDIT: no wonder the rioting in England has settled a bit, they were all at Jihad!
If you did over a football match and a footballer i assume you have no personal relationship with i would think thats just a bit far.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:It HAS to stop.

How many kids are exposed to this rubbish, including his.
You said it right there, K!

I mate of mine, who is a Roos fan, once watched a game at the old Arden Street when he was a whipper snapper back in the 80's. That day North were playing Geelong. The Cats had a player who allegedly was involved in something along the lines of what Milne gets berated for. Anyway, my friend was at age where it really wasn't necessary for him to be exposed to such graphic hyperbole from the yelling at the Geelong player in question that afternoon. Kids don't need to hear that kinda stuff.

In Round 11 Eddie McGuire seemed eager to make a public statement against racism.

But does he have the intestinal fortitude to make a public statement against slander? I highly doubt it.

Also, kudos to fellow Sainters for not heckling Beams.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:I did warn all those concerned about Aisle 42. Seems it raised its ugly head again.
Well you'd know. You're part of the filth. You're even worse than the genetically challenged animals that follow your club. You pretend to follow someone else. Then again, pretending not to be one of them shows you acknowledge what a disgraceful rabble they are. P*ss off back to where you belong and take your irrelevant, ignorant pro-filth crap with you, Filth Trash.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!