Thoughts from Gusto

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Thoughts from Gusto

There will be a massive clean out at the end of this season. Massive.

Fevola is not completely off the table for consideration.

We will target an established mid (or two).

Just MY thoughts...

8-) 8-)

#1 Ryder fan
spert
Saintsational Legend

If Fev rents a house in Seaford, then I think we'll know the answer to that one. A big cleanout of small and middle size players on the fringe will happen and I reckon speed and skill by hand and foot will be a priority as will recruiting key position players.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Will be a clean out but not sure how big. Target players who can kick

Don`t target fev, that would be a huge mistake

I love this club
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Gusto says the clean-out will be between 6-9 players

the fev is potentially on like donkey kong.

it may sound funny but very little downside to the fev. Pick 99 in the PSD...one fack up and he is gawn etc.
On the flipside no more double teaming rooey. A power forward who can kick straight and loves kicking them against the pies. All of a sudden a very dynamic forward line.

#1 Ryder fan
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So we are going to have a massive cleanout of players in the weakest all time draft?

If so look for a Saints tilt at the flag about 2016-2017, might as well trade Roo, bj, Joey, and Dal as they wont be part of the next tilt, and look forward to battling out for the spoon with Port.

Fevola joining us after such a cleanout would just be the icing on the cake.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Gusto says the clean-out will be between 6-9 players

the fev is potentially on like donkey kong.

it may sound funny but very little downside to the fev. Pick 99 in the PSD...one fack up and he is gawn etc.
On the flipside no more double teaming rooey. A power forward who can kick straight and loves kicking them against the pies. All of a sudden a very dynamic forward line.
The last time I saw footage of Fev he looked like he could not run around a letterbox.
Maybe if he came to us in the way you said it would be ok, but I would not want to pass up on any talented kids

I love this club
paddy
Club Player

Fev and Bakes seem to be buddies.....

Maybe he can be convinced...

Might be a good short term fix for a 2012 flag!

Solid pre-season in Fev for fitness... would be interesting (a la Big Bazza last season)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:Fev and Bakes seem to be buddies.....

Solid pre-season in Fev for fitness... would be interesting (a la Big Bazza last season)
I dont think Fev needs convincing but if we did it they would have to convince the supporters to not jump off the saints. There arent many moves i could think of that could be worse for the club.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I thought the club was pushing really hard for Mitch Clark. Although it's tough to compete with the $$$$ in the marketplace at the moment

Mind you Fev's ability with a footy in his hand has never been questioned. It's his life choices that have gotten him in strife. I'm all for giving people another go and he already is great mates with a large number of the playing group... But sadly I feel his race is run.

Joffa 5
Club Player

Could you imagine Fev getting the delivery Roo has to put up with? He'd be sooking in the goal square flailing his arms around like he used to with the blues

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

A massive clean out will leave us with a team , half good experienced players , half inexperienced rookies .
not a good look

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thoughts from Gusto

MC Gusto wrote:There will be a massive clean out at the end of this season. Massive.

Just MY thoughts...

8-) 8-)
Would we have to give uanything for him or could we get him in the draft?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ThePunter
Club Player

Regarding the cleanout, Ross has said as much. Blake, Baker and Gardiner likely to retire, McQualter to be delisted, Heyne, Cahill and Smith in some trouble, Walsh likely to be promoted.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:There will be a massive clean out at the end of this season. Massive.

Just MY thoughts...

8-) 8-)
Would we have to give uanything for him or could we get him in the draft?
Brisbane might want more of our perpetually injured players, they might demand Stanley & Eddy.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Hate to burst your bubble McGusto, but for the last couple of years we have turned over 6 players, so not a massive turn over at all.
My tip is 6 players to retire/go. 1 to be traded for, three picked up in draft, and 2 rookies upgraded.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
paddy wrote:Fev and Bakes seem to be buddies.....

I dont think Fev needs convincing but if we did it they would have to convince the supporters to not jump off the saints. There arent many moves i could think of that could be worse for the club.
Agree. The damage the recruiting of Fev did to AFL up here, not to mention Brisbane will take years to fix. Vossy is very lucky to still have a coaching job. One of the biggest recruiting stuff ups of all time.

Why, all of a sudden is Fev going to change at St Kilda? Because he plays a bit of poker with Bakes !! I dont think so.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Regarding the cleanout, Ross has said as much. Blake, Baker and Gardiner likely to retire, McQualter to be delisted, Heyne, Cahill and Smith in some trouble, Walsh likely to be promoted.
I agree about Baker and Gardi: it's time for them. I think it would be a shame to see Blake and McQualter go if they don't want to go. I don't understand what is driving the thoughts of a massive cleanout: I can't really see that selecting a lot of late picks in such a weak draft is good idea.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The only reason for a massive clean out would mean there is no use in getting Fev. We are either rebuilding or challenging.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Just MY thoughts...

8-) 8-)
I certainly hope so. I also agree that whilst exercising an abudance of caution, we should still keep and eye on Fevola.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fevola, he's filling in his on line application now....

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
jays
Club Player

no to fev

markp
Saintsational Legend

Fev is a tool, but nowhere near the tool that Cousins or Lovett are/were....

Would cost virtually zero, has stared career oblivion in the face, loves the Saints, and would surely be on a one strike contract.

If he could demonstrate that his body and mind were truly right, then the potential upside is massive, and the cost minimal... and he's not likely to be charged with rape or go on an ice binge.

He's only a year older than Roo, and a freakish talent.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:.

If he could demonstrate that his body and mind were truly right, then the potential upside is massive, and the cost minimal... and he's not likely to be charged with rape or go on an ice binge.

mind? he has a mind?

wasn't there an allegation he made inappropriate sexual advances to a reporter who didn't want to pursue the issue?

wasn't there another issue where he got drunk and flashed?

fevola is a dumber more selfish more arrogant and less talented version of spider.

kicking 3 or 4 goals against D grade VFL sides is not a sign he is ready for AFL footy.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Cousins had a fair career for a tool

Rising Star
4 best and fairests
Club Captain
Premiership
Brownlow
Aflpa mvp
250 games

Champion at WCE

Very credible at Richmond

markp
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
markp wrote:.

mind? he has a mind?

wasn't there an allegation he made inappropriate sexual advances to a reporter who didn't want to pursue the issue?

wasn't there another issue where he got drunk and flashed?

fevola is a dumber more selfish more arrogant and less talented version of spider.

kicking 3 or 4 goals against D grade VFL sides is not a sign he is ready for AFL footy.

I reckon he's probably an ok bloke, who should never ever drink... I've known a few people in my time who are totally transformed into total headcases when they drink, and he's evidently the same.