Apparently Kane Cornes sacked

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Apparently Kane Cornes sacked

It seems that Kane Cornes is sacked though Primus is not admiting it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... 6115429585

Any value to the Saints? or is he also a sook like his brother?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Would be very good for us.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

They are saying on the radio Kane still has 2 years left on his contract, i've read
that the Cornes brothers were a bad influence around the club,don't know why or if that story has any creedence......

he might not be suited to the way AFL footy is currently played, it may highlight his weaknesses

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

then again apparently NOT sacked

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/k ... 6115429585

maybe G Cornes is dong not so subtle back stabbing.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I get the feeling (may be completely wrong) that 'mum and dad' have too much involvement, they still appear to be fighting the brothers battles for them?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

The South Australian version of the Clokes :wink:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

We don't need him or want him.

mohannair
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Would be very good for us.
He is 28 yrs old & a change of environment will benefit him & will add a great value to our mid field. Will also come at a cheaper cost as his reputation is tarnished.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

mohannair wrote:
He is 28 yrs old & a change of environment will benefit him & will add a great value to our mid field. Will also come at a cheaper cost as his reputation is tarnished.
What exactly would he add to our midfield?

He's one paced, average foot skills, doesn't seem to be as good a stopper as he used to be, and is getting worse. Also has question marks over his attitude.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

#1 Gill
What exactly would he add to our midfield?

He's one paced, average foot skills, doesn't seem to be as good a stopper as he used to be, and is getting worse. Also has question marks over his attitude.
Copy that :!:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I would have thought that we have enough water boys !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

would take Steven Salopek and Jacob Surjan in an instance....cornes can go flower himself....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:would take Steven Salopek and Jacob Surjan in an instance....cornes can go flower himself....

Salopek?

A player that is 26 nearly 27 that has yet to cement a spot a in one of the worst teams ever? he is lucky to still be playing imo has been a fringe player for almost his entire career, could possibly be delisted at years end.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nearly 27.......,

Does that mean im nearly 38....as we were born on the same day......june 21st....

In your eyes, im nearly 40

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The guy had like 39 possies in a losing GF he can play.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Nearly 27.......,

Does that mean im nearly 38....as we were born on the same day......june 21st....

In your eyes, im nearly 40
Finally, I have something in common with Mart - a birthday.

As for Cornes and Salopek. Good grief, have we gone from getting recycled players from a premiership team in Geelong to a wooden spoon team in Port???

NO no and NO to both. If I had to pick, Cornes over Salopek.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Or Richmond Joffa....pattison, polo....they were both delisted from a bottom 2 side

Salopek is better than Dean Polo....any supporter in the country would agree with this....

Cornes is a triple b&f winner who has finished top 3 seven years in a row...he has been a champion...

Both were walk up starts when Port were a top 4 team...for a few years.

Whats happened there this year is crazy....cannot be taken into account...

Nither of these players will be delisted.....both will stay or be traded

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Ouch! No. There are some very happy Port fans over here today, with the alleged sacking of Kane Cornes a rare positive after the weekend.

Butcher and Tregove yet to re-sign...those are the guys we want.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Salopek is better than Dean Polo....any supporter in the country would agree with this....
yet to see it on this years form.

But suffice to say if Salopek came to the Saints, I would give him a go, like Ii do to all Saints players.

Some on here should follow that lead.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Salopek wanted to come to the Saints at first. Was/is a mad Saint supporter. Would have no trouble if we took a risk with him ( very similar to Grams move )

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Butcher's price on the open market just doubled after his marking display on the weekend in his first game...

That kid has serious key position talent, and Im annoyed Port eventually got a game into him and now pretty much priced him out of our market..

Salopek I'd be happy(ish) with, as I do believe he'd be an upgrade on Polo... Can genuinely play at a higher level than many of our 3rd tier players, but whether or not he can get back to that is the question...

Rodan is an interesting left field option... Injury prone, getting older, but great player to watch when in full flight... Ive had alot of time for him over his career...

Cornes is a 100% no go zone..

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Butcher's price on the open market just doubled after his marking display on the weekend in his first game...

That kid has serious key position talent, and Im annoyed Port eventually got a game into him and now pretty much priced him out of our market.
Funny that his manager announced discussions with Port were on hold until the end of the season immediately AFTER the weekends game. In any case, if his manager had not jumped on the phone the very second Lyon announced we'd be looking to spend good money for another key forward, he'd have been very remiss.

He'd have been shopped around extensively already I'm sure. There are a lot of finals and finals contender teams that would like a kid of his ilk onboard (remembering he was a high draft pick)...imagine Carlton or Essendon with a star big forward target to compliment their smalls and mids! He'll spend his entire career out of the finals if he stays with Port.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Butcher's price on the open market just doubled after his marking display on the weekend in his first game...

That kid has serious key position talent, and Im annoyed Port eventually got a game into him and now pretty much priced him out of our market.
Funny that his manager announced discussions with Port were on hold until the end of the season immediately AFTER the weekends game. In any case, if his manager had not jumped on the phone the very second Lyon announced we'd be looking to spend good money for another key forward, he'd have been very remiss.

He'd have been shopped around extensively already I'm sure. There are a lot of finals and finals contender teams that would like a kid of his ilk onboard (remembering he was a high draft pick)...imagine Carlton or Essendon with a star big forward target to compliment their smalls and mids! He'll spend his entire career out of the finals if he stays with Port.

If Saints fans are nervous when Roo is lining up for goal then wait until you see Butcher.

You'll see why his last name is appropriate after you see what he does to the ball...

Having said that, I would love him at the Saints because he is a genuine talent and whilst his kicking will most likely never be great, it could definitely be improved with the right training and advice.