Eade and Bulldogs Part

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Interesting how smorgy made a point (apparently unprompted) of saying that they haven't anyone in mind as a replacement. Of course that can mean only one thing. I wonder if daisy will go too?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:goodbye Rodney. goodbye leading teams. aker was right about these clowns. crap culture. buck stops with the coach for that.
So lets get this straight. leading teams are no good because Eade has gone?
err no. leading teams is a pile of sh*t AND Eade is no good. no cause and effect there. but Rodney did subscribe to it.
Do you actually realise they do many teams including many premiers and if Eade is no good then you would be saying the Bulldogs are a great side. I cant see them being a great side.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Zac Attack wrote:Any list with Gianserdouchebag and the Smiling Douchebag will never win anything. Look, they haven't.
behave Zac.... :lol:
Chuck in the front runner Higgins, Hargrave, big bad Tom Williams and Josh Hill and congrats...you have a team full of soft willys.
stop it..
some playing lists are slow, some are fast, some have a list of mostly insiders and in the dogs' case they have a list of soft willy outsiders.

don't tell me to stop it sunshine....chortle.
Will to.
Why you be so unkind aye?
moi? never.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:goodbye Rodney. goodbye leading teams. aker was right about these clowns. crap culture. buck stops with the coach for that.
err no. leading teams is a pile of sh*t AND Eade is no good. no cause and effect there. but Rodney did subscribe to it.
Do you actually realise they do many teams including many premiers and if Eade is no good then you would be saying the Bulldogs are a great side. I cant see them being a great side.
I think you're wasting your time trying to elicit consistent arguments from posters who just want to dump s@#t on other clubs, other coaches, other players and even our own club, coach and players from time to time. It's just a reflex action, not based on facts or logical thinking.

IMO, the model that Eade developed at the Bulldogs from 2005 onwards was an exhilirating and effective brand of footy, taking maximum advantage of the pace and good kicking skills of many players on his list. They got within a few metres of winning the 2009 PF: if Gia's shot on the run in the last couple of minutes had gone through the middle of the sticks, they would have beaten us. And who knows what might have heppened in the GF?

Unfortunately, the team has been on the slide since 2009, and it is well and truly time for a change of coach. I think it's fair to say that Eade has been an unlucky coach: he wasn't a long way off winning a flag at two different clubs with two very different styles of footy.

All IMO, of course.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
degruch wrote:Thought they needed a new list manager before they needed a new coach, but meh, stuff 'em. Didn't they win the 2010 premiership last March?
Thats them, and we also denied them a flag in 2009 because Roo had the affront to fall over after Lake bumped him off the ball by about 150 metres :roll:

The Bulldog supporters all have a victim mentality. Couldn't accept it was their team that let them down in the PF and looked for others to blame.

Well there you have it. The Two great coaches Wallace and Eade, both tauted as replacements for Grant Thomas at times during his coaching stint at the Saints, both abject failures, with one GF fifteen years ago between the two of them.

Both always overrated.
So you obviously thought the Bulldogs had a better side than us?
What a strange thing to post. When i post "their team let them down" most normal intelligent would assume this means - THEIR TEAM LET THEM DOWN :roll:

Like all teams that aren't good enough, if you lose they have let you down

sheesh :roll:
You said Eade was overated. That would suggest to me and many others that you rated the Bulldogs as a team so I again ask did you think the bulldogs were a better side than us?
So you deduce from my post that, even though I stated that the TEAM let their supporters down, that by saying Eade was overrated, that somehow that means their team was better than ours???

I also said Wallace was overrated, so obviously I thought Richmond were better than our team as well :roll:

You are making less sense than your usual gibberish. Have you been on the turps?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
degruch wrote:Thought they needed a new list manager before they needed a new coach, but meh, stuff 'em. Didn't they win the 2010 premiership last March?
Thats them, and we also denied them a flag in 2009 because Roo had the affront to fall over after Lake bumped him off the ball by about 150 metres :roll:

The Bulldog supporters all have a victim mentality. Couldn't accept it was their team that let them down in the PF and looked for others to blame.

Well there you have it. The Two great coaches Wallace and Eade, both tauted as replacements for Grant Thomas at times during his coaching stint at the Saints, both abject failures, with one GF fifteen years ago between the two of them.

Both always overrated.
What a strange thing to post. When i post "their team let them down" most normal intelligent would assume this means - THEIR TEAM LET THEM DOWN :roll:

You said Eade was overated. That would suggest to me and many others that you rated the Bulldogs as a team so I again ask did you think the bulldogs were a better side than us?
So you deduce from my post that, even though I stated that the TEAM let their supporters down, that by saying Eade was overrated, that somehow that means their team was better than ours???

I also said Wallace was overrated, so obviously I thought Richmond were better than our team as well :roll:

You are making less sense than your usual gibberish. Have you been on the turps?
The Tigers were no good though. Its makes little sense to me that the side let him down and the coach was overated however they still made 3 prelims in a row. Surely you cant have it both ways. I would have thought a team with both those issues would have finished where the tigers finished. i wouldnt have thought that was to hard to follow. i havent been on the turps even though your response did me close to opening the fridge.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Both always overrated.

The Tigers were no good though. Its makes little sense to me that the side let him down and the coach was overated however they still made 3 prelims in a row. Surely you cant have it both ways. I would have thought a team with both those issues would have finished where the tigers finished. i wouldnt have thought that was to hard to follow. i havent been on the turps even though your response did me close to opening the fridge.
When did I write the side let HIM down?

Are you making s.hit up again?

The team LET THE SUPPORTERS DOWN, you know the ones who moaned and blamed Riewoldt for being knocked over by Lake 150 metres off the ball.

yeah three prelims in a row, and got slaughtered in two of them. Got lucky in 2009 when we played poorly and still lost.

According to some, Eade and Wallace were the greatest coaches of all time and either should have immediately replaced Thomas and we would have won a flag.

Well the football world rates them because they are mates with the likes of Walls etc. Thomas was never rated but he got the Saints to two prelims with severe injuries.

They were never better than he Saints, and Eade was overrated. Things can happen concurrently you know.

back to the bottle P66 and make more s.hit up :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Both always overrated.

The team LET THE SUPPORTERS DOWN, you know the ones who moaned and blamed Riewoldt for being knocked over by Lake 150 metres off the ball.

yeah three prelims in a row, and got slaughtered in two of them. Got lucky in 2009 when we played poorly and still lost.

According to some, Eade and Wallace were the greatest coaches of all time and either should have immediately replaced Thomas and we would have won a flag.

Well the football world rates them because they are mates with the likes of Walls etc. Thomas was never rated but he got the Saints to two prelims with severe injuries.

They were never better than he Saints, and Eade was overrated. Things can happen concurrently you know.

So they let the supporters down but not the coach. Well thats makes as much sense that Eade is overated. JB just 2 queestions for you. Were the WB in the best 3 sides in 2008, 09 and 10? And were the Sydney Swans the second best side in 1995?

By the way one one media person had GT coach of the year in 2005. Still have no idea why you keep mentioning Wallace. Obviously didnt takes your tablets tonight.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Both always overrated.

So they let the supporters down but not the coach. Well thats makes as much sense that Eade is overated. JB just 2 queestions for you. Were the WB in the best 3 sides in 2008, 09 and 10? And were the Sydney Swans the second best side in 1995?

By the way one one media person had GT coach of the year in 2005. Still have no idea why you keep mentioning Wallace. Obviously didnt takes your tablets tonight.
I think you mean 1996.

Do you think Eade is a good coach? He has never left on his own terms and he has been sacked twice. I think his teams ended up finished where they deserved. I think at the end of the day all teams do including us.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

= next Melbourne Coach

With all their other turmoil, they will want a safe bet.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:= next Melbourne Coach

Not the way Garry Lyon spoke on Monday night.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint tash
Club Player

Eade will coach the chardonnay sipping Crows.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:Eade will coach the chardonnay sipping Crows.
or port...or maybe become an assistant coach at the saints even.... :wink: 8-)

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Not the way Garry Lyon spoke on Monday night.
Agree, he didn't think Rodney was up to date enough with the modern game did he...

Legendary
Club Player

Leon Cameron will be appointed.

The reason for Smorgan's comment on TFS earlier in the year about the "pass mark" being a GF was because Cameron has been the aim for the past 12 months.

The Dogs are in reasonable shape financially, but Eade commands a big salary and there has been discontent with his style.

I was told by a board member at the Dogs one year ago that Cameron was in their sights unless Eade took them 1 step better than 2010 ... (which BTW this board member believed he could).

The process will be a sham.

I'll lay you my house that Cameron gets the job.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cameron is currently at the Hawks after serving many years under Eade at the Dogs.

If so, he seems an odd choice to me.

I hated it at the time, but am now convinced that the Saints approach in 2006 - bring in a totally new and fresh mind to the club - is the way to go with playing lists that haven't fulfilled their potential.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cameron is currently at the Hawks after serving many years under Eade at the Dogs.

I hated it at the time, but am now convinced that the Saints approach in 2006 - bring in a totally fresh mind to the club - is the way to go with playing lists that haven't fulfilled their potential.

- Jonathan Swift
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
So they let the supporters down but not the coach. Well thats makes as much sense that Eade is overated.
Where did I mention the coach? You are making things up AGAIN?

My initial post was regarding the supporters. That was one part of it. Then a totally seperate part was that I thought the media darlings Wallace and Eade were overrated.

You deduce some fantastic conclusion that from this the Bulldogs must have been better than the Saints. How your mind would come to that conclusion is anybodies guess. :?
plugger66 wrote:JB just 2 queestions for you. Were the WB in the best 3 sides in 2008, 09 and 10? And were the Sydney Swans the second best side in 1995?
In what context? Where they finished or their subjective ability?

The Bulldogs had the team to challenge for a flag and with a better coach may have actually won a big game.

Saints were probably on a par or just better personnel wise in 08 09 an 10 but had a far superior coach.
plugger66 wrote:By the way one one media person had GT coach of the year in 2005. Still have no idea why you keep mentioning Wallace. Obviously didnt takes your tablets tonight.
So what about coach of the year. You probably weren't around in the GT days but many a supposed Saints supporter were demanding Eade or Wallace to replace Thomas, at the same time we had the likes of Walls crapping on about the two while all and sundry were into Thomas about his coaching deficiencies.

Well history will show that neither Wallace or Eade were any more sucessful than Thomas as a coach.

Hope your hangover isn't too bad.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
So they let the supporters down but not the coach. Well thats makes as much sense that Eade is overated.
Where did I mention the coach? You are making things up AGAIN?

My initial post was regarding the supporters. That was one part of it. Then a totally seperate part was that I thought the media darlings Wallace and Eade were overrated.

You deduce some fantastic conclusion that from this the Bulldogs must have been better than the Saints. How your mind would come to that conclusion is anybodies guess. :?
plugger66 wrote:JB just 2 queestions for you. Were the WB in the best 3 sides in 2008, 09 and 10? And were the Sydney Swans the second best side in 1995?
In what context? Where they finished or their subjective ability?

The Bulldogs had the team to challenge for a flag and with a better coach may have actually won a big game.

Saints were probably on a par or just better personnel wise in 08 09 an 10 but had a far superior coach.
plugger66 wrote:By the way one one media person had GT coach of the year in 2005. Still have no idea why you keep mentioning Wallace. Obviously didnt takes your tablets tonight.
So what about coach of the year. You probably weren't around in the GT days but many a supposed Saints supporter were demanding Eade or Wallace to replace Thomas, at the same time we had the likes of Walls crapping on about the two while all and sundry were into Thomas about his coaching deficiencies.

Well history will show that neither Wallace or Eade were any more sucessful than Thomas as a coach.

Hope your hangover isn't too bad.
No hangover even though your replies nearly made me drink. Did you find your tablets. I unlike you couldnt be bothered quoting all that crap. Have no idea how to do it anyway. All I can say is everyone in the media says Eade was a great tactical coach but struggled with the press this year. You can have your opinion and I have mine. I think he got the best out of the WB. I think we had a much better side than them and I think other sides were better then the WB. Certainly more than 3 sides but they managed to finish in the top four 3 years in a row. I believe it was through great tactics using the skills the WB had. And at the Swans there was no way they were the 2nd best side 1996 but still made the GF much like probably us last year.

Legendary
Club Player

meher baba wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cameron is currently at the Hawks after serving many years under Eade at the Dogs.

I hated it at the time, but am now convinced that the Saints approach in 2006 - bring in a totally new and fresh mind to the club - is the way to go with playing lists that haven't fulfilled their potential.
You are correct re: Cameron.

Was highly rated by certain people in the administration at the Dogs. There is a huge amount of politics at that football club (more than most).

He will get the job, mark my words.

St Kilda remains the only club ever to have undertaken a process similar to what an ASX 200 company would do when finding a CEO.
You appoint an external recruiting company (in this case we used consultants) to compile a list of people available.

You then have a committee of external and internal stakeholders interview candidates and come up with a shortlist based on an agreed set of criteria that indentifies what you are looking for in your candidates.

You then put the members of your shortlist through extensive psychological testing, personal profiling and submit them to a number of practical exercises relevant to your business.

You then ensure that you have done everything in your power to eliminate variables in terms of psychology, personality and skills that fall outside the list of what you want in your idea person.

The result?

St Kilda appointed a coach in 2007 who currently has a 60% winning record and has coached the side to 3 successive final series, with two GF appearances, was voted AFL Coach of the Year in 2009 and is widely acknowledge in the industry as being very good at his job.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Always reckoned cats would've flogged dogs in 09 GF - dogs weren't a wrt weather team

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
what? rocket has been there 7 or 8 years. he created the side he has. he had a huge say in recruitment and list management. rocket and the side go hand go hand. as for leading teams. i think it is a big pile of garbage. the pies don't use it. we don't use it. cats on longer use it. malthouse thinks it is a pile of garbage. rocket is the second longest serving coach in vfl/afl history to go flagless.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

If you're referring to Leading Teams Con the you have no idea what you're talking about.

Whether AFL clubs employ the company 'Leading Teams' or not they ALL have leadership/internal feedback models that are similar.

To name but 2 AFL Premiership teams that employed the company 'Leading Teams' to set up their internal programs, Sydney (with the 2005 flag) & Geelong (2007). Both clubs had exceptionally long premiership droughts that were ended shortly after employing the model that St Kilda used in 1996.

It obviously doesn't automatically result in a flag but it must add some sort of value.

In regards to all of this Eade & Bulldogs bashing, just like us you can find things that went wrong at the most inopportune time. 2009 some bad kicking cost them a GF spot... 2012 injuries hit at the end of the season.

I reckon Eade is a very good coach & will have some sort of success wherever he ends up. He was stiff in 96 to run into a dominant North & his run at the Dogs has co-incided with Geelong, St Kilda and now the filth standing in their way.

Bigger questions should be asked about some of their overated senior players who have not stood up when it counted.

Zac Attack
Club Player

Legendary wrote:
meher baba wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cameron is currently at the Hawks after serving many years under Eade at the Dogs.

You are correct re: Cameron.

Was highly rated by certain people in the administration at the Dogs. There is a huge amount of politics at that football club (more than most).

He will get the job, mark my words.

St Kilda remains the only club ever to have undertaken a process similar to what an ASX 200 company would do when finding a CEO.
You appoint an external recruiting company (in this case we used consultants) to compile a list of people available.

You then have a committee of external and internal stakeholders interview candidates and come up with a shortlist based on an agreed set of criteria that indentifies what you are looking for in your candidates.

You then put the members of your shortlist through extensive psychological testing, personal profiling and submit them to a number of practical exercises relevant to your business.

You then ensure that you have done everything in your power to eliminate variables in terms of psychology, personality and skills that fall outside the list of what you want in your idea person.

The result?

St Kilda appointed a coach in 2007 who currently has a 60% winning record and has coached the side to 3 successive final series, with two GF appearances, was voted AFL Coach of the Year in 2009 and is widely acknowledge in the industry as being very good at his job.
The Dogs are like what our club was from the top down. Idealists who all wanted to be the people who was watching the port when we won the flag. Look no further than the Thomas/Teffers Dad garbage and the fall-out of it in proceeding years.

Yes these men have the club at the forefront of their agenda however are unable to look past their own ideas of being 'the man' who created it.

It happens in such an unsuccessful club however it is good that the it isn't us. Ross the Boss and Westaway can continue to do their thing for as long as they want within reason by me. They have my support as long as they both see fit that they (as the leaders of the club) the best persons to go forward.