Congratulations Jarryn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Congratulations Jarryn

on finally reaching 50 games

continue developing and providing a new strength for the Saints with your fellow 50 gamers.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Well done to the fella. He is in our best 22 by a far stretch when he's up and about and will only get better.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Well done to Gears. It's been a pretty long stretch. Plugged away as a rookie back in 07 while his good mate from Bendigo Joel Selwood was winning the Rising Star and flag.

Gears isn't perfect, but he has a dip, can win the footy, and keeps ploughing away.

That's all we can ask for, and I hope he continues his development and turns into a very solid player for the Saints.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Megsie
Club Player

congratulations Jarryn.

You deserve your chance after a major setback earlier.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

well done Gears may this be the commencement of regular first team footy and developmental shine. keep on top of the footy son and back yourself!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Well done to Gears. It's been a pretty long stretch. Plugged away as a rookie back in 07 while his good mate from Bendigo Joel Selwood was winning the Rising Star and flag.

Gears isn't perfect, but he has a dip, can win the footy, and keeps ploughing away.

That's all we can ask for, and I hope he continues his development and turns into a very solid player for the Saints.
Very well said :)

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Well done to the fella. He is in our best 22 by a far stretch when he's up and about and will only get better.
"best 22 by a fair stretch"? nah, he's between 20th and 22nd. but i like the kid because he's a worker, and if he can find another level to his game next year he could become a really useful player.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Many on here had his papers stamped earlier in the year, good on him for working back into the side… If he gets a good run at it, by this time next year he will be a much better, confident footballer I reckon.

Congrats!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Shhhh!

Don't tell.

There are NO milestones this weekend.

Winmar
Club Player

It's taken him a while to get there, and I didn't actually realise he'd made it that far. Most players don't really kick on until after 50 games, so here's hoping.....

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Well done Jarryn.

Strange stat: Jarryn Geary 49 games no finals
Robert Eddy 33 games 10 finals.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Well Done Jarryn...

Look forward to you spraying it around for another 50 games....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Zac Attack
Club Player

If we get another 100 games out of him he has improved and become a B-grader

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Well Done Jarryn...

Potting a bloke with a cheap shot on his milestone game..why am I not surprised :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Well done Jarryn.

Strange stat: Jarryn Geary 49 games no finals
Robert Eddy 33 games 10 finals.
Good pick up.

Says a lot about Lyon and his love for Eddy.

Geary is a more attractive player to watch though, but must lack a strong defensive side going by that stat.

Anyway, a gpod effort for a plodder to get to 50 games. Maybe he's our next Blake and will make it to 100+???

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Some of you arseholes should go follow Essendon, you'd fit right in jeering at your own players...
Gears bleeds for the club, so pull your friggin' heads in, ragging him on a congratulatory milestone thread.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:

Potting a bloke with a cheap shot on his milestone game..why am I not surprised :roll:
You look after your favourites and wallow in failure...me...i'll look for success and not get overly excited by the achievements of GOP's.... :roll:

Badlands
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:
saint66au wrote:

You look after your favourites and wallow in failure...me...i'll look for success and not get overly excited by the achievements of GOP's.... :roll:
welcome to your views and im sure there's others on here who agree with you. Difference being that they had the peace of mind to keep from posting them in a thread that's clearly devoted to a milestone achievement.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
saint66au wrote:

welcome to your views and im sure there's others on here who agree with you. Difference being that they had the peace of mind to keep from posting them in a thread that's clearly devoted to a milestone achievement.
If he fixes his disposal he could be a good player......no point hiding from it..
regardless of who can't bear to be reminded of it....

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I wish we could line up all the c**k wads on here and have Gears just run through all the pricks. He is a hard tough workman and gets every thing out of him self unlike half the flogs you closet Essendon fans love so much. He has at least continued to put himself up for the next week by putting in everything that is required of him. Well done Gears can't wait for another 150.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I wish we could line up all the c**k wads on here and have Gears just run through all the pricks. He is a hard tough workman and gets every thing out of him self unlike half the flogs you closet Essendon fans love so much. He has at least continued to put himself up for the next week by putting in everything that is required of him. Well done Gears can't wait for another 150.
:roll:

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

dragit wrote:Some of you arseholes should go follow Essendon, you'd fit right in jeering at your own players...
Gears bleeds for the club, so pull your friggin' heads in, ragging him on a congratulatory milestone thread.
And some of you should grow a pair and realise it for what it is.
A little comment on an obscure little internet forum.

get off your high horse and you may just find more humour in the world down here on ground level.

ragging on players and praising others is all part of footy.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I see it like this, Geary is that same young player as Siposs, Crocker, ledger, cripps but with about 48 more games to his name. If you don't think potting the young guys effects people you should probably look at some of the posters that stick up for relatives on here. For all the Woodrows and Attillas on here there are more silent ones and that doesn't include uncles, mates etc. These guys are our apprentices, you criticise their performance and think it doesn't get back to them. Then when they leave we can them for being traitors. We should have forums for all 20 yo guys in all workplaces so we can pot some kid in safeway for being a f$#@ing halfwit s*** incompetent just so we can get our frustrations out. "Play the kids" -so we can throw them top the lions on the forum and have our enjoyment.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I see it like this, Geary is that same young player as Siposs, Crocker, ledger, cripps but with about 48 more games to his name. If you don't think potting the young guys effects people you should probably look at some of the posters that stick up for relatives on here. For all the Woodrows and Attillas on here there are more silent ones and that doesn't include uncles, mates etc. These guys are our apprentices, you criticise their performance and think it doesn't get back to them. Then when they leave we can them for being traitors. We should have forums for all 20 yo guys in all workplaces so we can pot some kid in safeway for being a f$#@ing halfwit s*** incompetent just so we can get our frustrations out. "Play the kids" -so we can throw them top the lions on the forum and have our enjoyment.
This is AFL professional football, not Safeway or Maccas, they are open to public scrutiny and are in general making about twenty times the average Safeway kid. Grow up.

Geary is a great competitor, not a great footballer. He's probably surprised himself by getting to 50 games, unfortunately I doubt there will be many more. I heard him and Mini discussing the value of playing for Vermont or Balwyn earlier in the year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Goddard didn't look like he was any better for the first 50. Anyway, Eddy (rookie) wouldn't even get the same money as a Safeways kid but is the favourite whipping boy these days. Apparently the amount of money you get means people can pot you. F%$#ing Murdochs, Packers, Rienhardts all incompetent dick heads. we should line up outside corporate offices and boo them.